New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Yeah, I was planning to check back the turn at that point and ended up folding after he bet because I couldn't figure out a situation where his donk was good news for me.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Almost had a really great day then this happened at the end of a 1100 hand session. Sick brag tho: I've played 10k hands already this month$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 PlayersPoker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. Hero (BTN): $22.72 (113.6 bb)SB: $20.16 (100.8 bb)BB: $18.10 (90.5 bb)Preflop: Hero is BTN with 5heart4.gif 5club4.gifHero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.60, BB calls $1.40, Hero calls $1.20Flop: ($4.90) 3club4.gif 5diamond4.gif Tclub4.gif (3 players)SB bets $3.60, BB calls $3.60, Hero raises to $21.12, SB folds, BB calls $12.90 and is all-inTurn: ($41.50) 2heart4.gif (2 players, 1 is all-in)River: ($41.50) Tdiamond4.gif (2 players, 1 is all-in)Results: $41.50 pot ($2 rake)Final Board: 3club4.gif 5diamond4.gif Tclub4.gif 2heart4.gif Tdiamond4.gif Hero mucked 5heart4.gif 5club4.gif and lost (-$18.10 net)SB mucked and lost (-$5.20 net)BB showed 2spade4.gif Tspade4.gif and won $39.50 ($21.40 net)I did flop a set 150 deep with QQ and stack AA just before this

Happy Black Friday one year anniversary; time fliesSad sick day$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 PlayersPoker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. Hero (SB): $29.51 (147.6 bb)BB: $22.58 (112.9 bb)CO: $21.84 (109.2 bb)BTN: $23.95 (119.7 bb)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aclub4.gif Aheart4.gifCO calls $0.20, BTN raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $2.80, 2 folds, BTN raises to $6.60, Hero raises to $29.51 and is all-in, BTN calls $17.35Flop: ($48.30) 7heart4.gif 4club4.gif Qdiamond4.gif (2 players, 1 is all-in)Turn: ($48.30) 6spade4.gif (2 players, 1 is all-in)River: ($48.30) 9club4.gif (2 players, 1 is all-in)Results: $48.30 pot ($2.00 rake)Final Board: 7heart4.gif 4club4.gif Qdiamond4.gif 6spade4.gif 9club4.gif Hero mucked Aclub4.gif Aheart4.gif and won $0.00 (-$23.95 net)BTN showed Qclub4.gif Qheart4.gif and won $46.30 ($22.35 net)

I won at poker today
Me tooHere is 2 unconverted hands because Titan Poker. But they are simple so it's k.GAME #3252300272: Holdem NL $0.02/$0.04 - 2012-04-17 21:36:23 Table Ochre Server poker1.ipoker.com Seat 1: dvsergiu ($5.73 in chips) Seat 8: sailfish25 ($4.06 in chips) Seat 6: Cheergo ($2.00 in chips) Seat 5: AAor72os ($1.42 in chips) Seat 4: peedek ($4.90 in chips) Seat 10: kabaciaPS ($4.46 in chips) Seat 3: ratperu ($0.96 in chips) Seat 2: pkrlolol ($1.02 in chips) Seat 9: Nashtak ($5.28 in chips) pkrlolol: SB $0.02 ratperu: BB $0.04 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Nashtak [As Ac] peedek: Fold AAor72os: Fold Cheergo: Fold sailfish25: Fold Nashtak: Raise To $0.13 kabaciaPS: Fold dvsergiu: Fold pkrlolol: Fold ratperu: Raise To $0.32 Nashtak: Call $0.19 *** FLOP *** [Ks 3c Kd] ratperu: Bet $0.33 Nashtak: ?ANDGAME #3252518477: Holdem NL $0.02/$0.04 - 2012-04-18 00:55:08 Table Monte Patria Server poker1.ipoker.com Seat 3: acfpinheiro ($4.32 in chips) Seat 5: FishyFish15 ($0.98 in chips) Seat 10: Airhan66 ($1.24 in chips) Seat 6: Nashtak ($6.91 in chips) Seat 2: wahaha111 ($3.03 in chips) Seat 8: markmorris91 ($1.65 in chips) Seat 1: Olmetr ($6.10 in chips) Seat 4: Shark332 ($0.90 in chips) Seat 9: cantcallthat ($4.68 in chips) markmorris91: SB $0.02 cantcallthat: BB $0.04 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Nashtak [10d Jd] Airhan66: Fold Olmetr: Raise To $0.16 wahaha111: Fold acfpinheiro: Fold Shark332: Fold FishyFish15: Fold Nashtak: Call $0.16 markmorris91: Fold cantcallthat: Fold *** FLOP *** [8d 5h Qd] Olmetr: Bet $0.24 Nashtak: Raise To $0.76 Olmetr: Call $0.52 *** TURN *** [8d 5h Qd 2h] Olmetr: Check Nashtak: ?Also, hi FCP.

Def 4-bet AA; the micros are all about value bettingAs played he's so short I'm sticking it in and expecting him to call QQ JJ and even some worse. He's gonna show you the AK and KQ some, but that's why we 4b the short stacks when we have AAI think the JT hand is completely read/stat dependent. Vs a loose villain who is calling wide and not folding many flops I'm barreling to get him to fold better (Ahighs, some 8x hands that he dumps) and vs others I would check back to realize our equity. Vs an unknown I am barreling; bluff some rivers when we miss

I would have normally 4-bet but the his stack was so small, i thought flatting here and check-raise him all-in on the flop would bring in more to compensate for the times my preflop 4bet doesn't get called. But when he bet half the pot (half his stack) with those 2 kings and the harmless 3, i wasn't sure how to interpret it. Figured a king was such a considerable part of his range, especially since i already held 2 aces and he's the one who 3bet'd.Edit: The **** you guys been up to?

I would have normally 4-bet but the his stack was so small, i thought flatting here and check-raise him all-in on the flop would bring in more to compensate for the times my preflop 4bet doesn't get called. But when he bet half the pot (half his stack) with those 2 kings and the harmless 3, i wasn't sure how to interpret it. Figured a king was such a considerable part of his range, especially since i already held 2 aces and he's the one who 3bet'd.Edit: The **** you guys been up to?
Did you fold?I think you are getting too fancy; when he 3bets his 24bb stack, he likes his hand. He will rarely fold after putting in a 3rd of his stack as the aggressor... just put him in and expect to see a lot of Ax and PPs; profit.I don't know about everyone else, but same old, same old for me. I do some school. I chase some girls. I play some cards. Life is good. Downswinging sucks but it's whatever.

Nice, niceI did fold. And i did feel awful about it. I can think of pros and cons for calling or foldings, but i suck at weighting them on the spot. And yes, i do play too fancy. Especially tonight; i may have had Ace high like 6 times but i'd be damned if they didn't have a flush draw every single time. Check-raise air! Also, they don't respect my c-bets so i barrel obv.I'm a terrible person.

Won BBs today; lost dollars... eff 50nlOn a 50nl 50bb table I min-raised btn with J9 and turned the nut straight; over bet pot, got jammed on and did not hold vs TT :club:

Won BBs today; lost dollars... eff 50nlOn a 50nl 50bb table I min-raised btn with J9 and turned the nut straight; over bet pot, got jammed on and did not hold vs TT :club:
I can't think of any scenario i would min-raise the btn with a hand like J9. Hell, i can't think of many scenarios i would min-raise like ever. The only thing i hate more than getting min-raised is getting donkbet for 1BB. Wtf does that mean? My hypothesis is it means they have a hand they would like to see a cheap turn/river with so they think you will just call instead of c-bet for a larger amount. So i raise with air.But i digress. Why min-raise J9 from the BTN? Doesn't that set you up to get 3Bet every now and then? Does it get a fold often enough to turn in a profit?

I min-raise otb almost always. It allows us to play more hands as the SPR will be larger. It may invite more 3bets, but we can adjust by calling wider, 4betting wider for value and 4bet bluffing. And min-opening also has a lot of villains defend too wide and we can exploit that...And especially at a shallow table I think min-raising the button is going to be fine.

I min-raise otb almost always. It allows us to play more hands as the SPR will be larger. It may invite more 3bets, but we can adjust by calling wider, 4betting wider for value and 4bet bluffing. And min-opening also has a lot of villains defend too wide and we can exploit that...And especially at a shallow table I think min-raising the button is going to be fine.
I've been going around 2.5 otb for sometime now, but never really thought about widening my calling range. How wide should it be assuming that villain is going crazy with his 3bets.Also, this guy is pretty good.
I've been going around 2.5 otb for sometime now, but never really thought about widening my calling range. How wide should it be assuming that villain is going crazy with his 3bets.
This is going to depend entirely on how villain plays 3bet pots and how he reacts to 4bets.If he 3bets and c-bets too much (most villains auto bet 3bet pot flops), defend really wide and then raise flops we miss. If he doesn't c-bet a lot in 3b pots we can also call wide and steal flops just by betting. If he folds to a bunch of 4bets just 4bet super wide with junk.It will depend but I will think a bit more about this and ask a few friends and come back to this later with more detailed ranges

Is this room only for micro cash games or tournaments aswell? or anyone can tip me on a newbie session in the forum?^^

Is this room only for micro cash games or tournaments aswell? or anyone can tip me on a newbie session in the forum?^^
Feel free to post tournament stuff here; a few good players lurk and would be able to help you in those spots.
I dunno if i'm actually doing something horribly wrong but i simply can't win 200NL live. 260 bucks down the drain.
It takes a really long time to get through the variance of lolive poker. If you posted some hands I'm sure we'd agree they're fine/standard. The biggest thing I see ppl do is not raise enough/bet enough. live villains will be calling super wide and we need to exploit that with big value bets. Sadly it's hard to make the best hand when 3-6 ppl see a flop and hard to get to "the long run" when you play 25 hands/hour
It takes a really long time to get through the variance of lolive poker. If you posted some hands I'm sure we'd agree they're fine/standard. The biggest thing I see ppl do is not raise enough/bet enough. live villains will be calling super wide and we need to exploit that with big value bets. Sadly it's hard to make the best hand when 3-6 ppl see a flop and hard to get to "the long run" when you play 25 hands/hour
Also not the easiest thing to overcome the rake at that level.
UpdatensBoUtVKHI_ovXLFFiWw.png
Very cool. Re: raising button 2x instead of 2.5 or 3 or 3.5 or 4. I think all can be good as long as you have a reason for it. Think outside the box. It is why our beer float king is such a crusher.I recommend anyone who thought that one of those answer was "correct" to try the other 3 and fool around. It is how you get better.

Fun day :club:3qBMV4OIj7Cc07MEQNbT.pngzzzzzzz$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 PlayersPoker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. Hero (BB): $20 (100 bb)SB: $20 (100 bb)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qclub4.gif Qspade4.gifSB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, SB calls $1.20Flop: ($3.20) 2diamond4.gif 9club4.gif 2spade4.gif (2 players)Hero bets $2, SB raises to $6.90, Hero raises to $18.40 and is all-in, SB calls $11.50 and is all-inTurn: ($40) Tdiamond4.gif (2 players, 2 are all-in)River: ($40) 9spade4.gif (2 players, 2 are all-in)Results: $40 pot ($1 rake)Final Board: 2diamond4.gif 9club4.gif 2spade4.gif Tdiamond4.gif 9spade4.gif Hero mucked Qclub4.gif Qspade4.gif and lost (-$20 net)SB showed 9heart4.gif 5heart4.gif and won $39 ($19 net)