New Challenge: Movin' On Up

James speaks from experience. I saw him play almost the identical hand against fighter, as James had 44 or 55 and fighter had the A3
feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersButton trystero: $10.52 SB Hero: $13.12 BB Donate Blood: $10.00 UTG Runlikethesun: $20.91 UTG+1 The1Kos: $11.11 CO big fat kitty: $10.50 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 4c.gif4d.gif (6 players)2 folds, big fat kitty raises to $0.30, trystero folds, Hero raises to $1, Donate Blood raises to $2, big fat kitty folds, Hero raises to $4.40, Donate Blood raises to $10, and is all in, Hero calls $5.60Flop: ($20.45) 2d.gifTd.gif7s.gif (2 players)Turn: ($20.45) Kc.gif (2 players)River: ($20.45) Qh.gif (2 players)Hero showed 4c.gif4d.gif, and won ($18.95) with a pair of FoursDonate Blood showed Ah.gif4h.gif, and lost with Ace King highHero won $18.95(Rake: $1.35)
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

If you start flatting the btn a lot behind the CO I would think you have to watch out for the blinds squeezing a lot, don't think people ever believe you when you back raise them there so it's just putting out dead money isn't it?
Yeah but no one has the balls to 5 bet bluff all in either. If they start getting that crazy then set a tarp for them.
James speaks from experience. I saw him play almost the identical hand against fighter, as James had 44 or 55 and fighter had the A3
if I have A3 then I have all the other Ax's. Amount of times he just gifts me a coin flip in that situation is criminal. Not to mention that 77's are loving life after making marginal to slightly losing plays. If there wasn't situations in which playing ATC was profitable then I wouldn't play 22-44. Just such shitty hands.

Because it's been awhile since I spewed like a champMerge - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comUTG: $4.18CO: $3.86BTN: $2.40SB: $3.96Hero (BB): $5.97SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 7s 8sfold, CO raises to $0.12, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.38, CO calls $0.26Flop: ($0.78, 2 players) Qh Js QdHero checks, CO checksTurn: ($0.78, 2 players) 5cHero bets $0.32, CO calls $0.32River: ($1.42, 2 players) TcHero bets $0.66, CO raises to $2.03, Hero raises to $3.40, fold

feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersButton trystero: $10.52 SB Hero: $13.12 BB Donate Blood: $10.00 UTG Runlikethesun: $20.91 UTG+1 The1Kos: $11.11 CO big fat kitty: $10.50 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 4c.gif4d.gif (6 players)2 folds, big fat kitty raises to $0.30, trystero folds, Hero raises to $1, Donate Blood raises to $2, big fat kitty folds, Hero raises to $4.40, Donate Blood raises to $10, and is all in, Hero calls $5.60Flop: ($20.45) 2d.gifTd.gif7s.gif (2 players)Turn: ($20.45) Kc.gif (2 players)River: ($20.45) Qh.gif (2 players)Hero showed 4c.gif4d.gif, and won ($18.95) with a pair of FoursDonate Blood showed Ah.gif4h.gif, and lost with Ace King highHero won $18.95(Rake: $1.35)
I have that Doyle Brunson memory.
Brag: NEW ****ING CAR (Ok, well. It's an 06. New to me tho!)Beat: 5 years of payments
pics or gtfoalso, will be in denver for a few daysmight golf friday at the par 3; come degen with us!

Beat: back to 10NL alreadyBrag: first royal feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 5 playersCO: $4.85 Button: $7.43 SB: $10.70 (Hero)BB: $5.00 UTG: $5.00 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with :D:club: (5 players)UTG checks, CO folds, Button calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checksFlop: ($0.30) :5c:D:jh (4 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checksTurn: ($0.30) :qh (4 players)Hero bets $0.22, 2 folds, Button calls $0.22River: ($0.74) :4h (2 players)Hero bets $0.48, Button calls $0.48Hero showed :D:ts, Button showed :3h:D, Hero won $1.72

Beat: back to 10NL alreadyBrag: first royal feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 5 playersCO: $4.85 Button: $7.43 SB: $10.70 (Hero)BB: $5.00 UTG: $5.00 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with :D:club: (5 players)UTG checks, CO folds, Button calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checksFlop: ($0.30) :5c:D:jh (4 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checksTurn: ($0.30) :qh (4 players)Hero bets $0.22, 2 folds, Button calls $0.22River: ($0.74) :4h (2 players)Hero bets $0.48, Button calls $0.48Hero showed :D:ts , Button showed :3h:D , Hero won $1.72
Super deep-stacks imo

played my first poker game tonight since April, 4 hours, -$10.solid bleed me dry lossrate.overall happy with how I played. we only played crapshoot SNGs, which sort of sucks, but I'm going to try and get this as a regular bi-weekly, maybe monthly, event and eventually broaden it to cash games. goes without saying that everyone sucks.I did lose to a chick HU. even though she got hit with the deck (who gets aces three times HU, like on the last hand when I hit top pair on the K72 flop) it's still embarrassing.

Nice work!Played live poker yesterday. Lots of swings. Ended up down $40 after 11 hours. Had 2 interesting hands, one good and one bad.GoodI straddle to $4. Folds to a lady in the BB, and she raises to $14. Based on her raise size and previous hands, I'm pretty sure her range is like JJ+ I have 99, and call.Flop is KK5, and she bets $12. Kind of a weak bet. In an earlier hand I saw her bet really big when she had the nut flush, so I think she had a sizing tell. I decide to call, because 1. My thoughts on her range may be wrong and I could actually have the best hand. 2. If I don't have the best hand, I might be able to bluff her on a later street.Turn checks (7)River is a 2 and she checks. At that point, I either have the best hand or I don't. Based on my original read, I figured it's more likely that I was behind, so I turned my hand into a bluff and bet $30. She says, "Well I guess you must have a king" and then folds.BadBy far the worst hand of the night, and I'm still thinking about it, because I know I'm much better. 3 way action to the flop starting with an $8 raise pre. I have 5d6d. Flop is 9c2c5c. Everyone checks.Turn is a 5h. I bet $20, and get 2 callers.River is a Qd. I bet $40, one fold, last guy tanks and then shoves his last $90I end up tanking for like 2 minutes. I keep telling myself that there isn't one hand in his value range that I beat, and I had no reason at the time to think he would be bluffing me there. So what do I do? Like an idiot I call, and obviously he has KcJc.

Played live poker yesterday. Lots of swings. Ended up down $40 after 11 hours. Had 2 interesting hands, one good and one bad.
lol I felt drained being down $10 in a ton of SNGs after 4 hoursafter 11 hours with strangers, Jesus Christ. torture.yeah easy river fold Jon, but maybe that was around the 8th hour and at that point you were zombified.
lol I felt drained being down $10 in a ton of SNGs after 4 hoursafter 11 hours with strangers, Jesus Christ. torture.yeah easy river fold Jon, but maybe that was around the 8th hour and at that point you were zombified.
It's possible, but overall the long hours don't bother me that much. In fact, I love playing live poker for long periods of time. I've had plenty of 12-16 hour sessions, and one 72 hour session (grueling).

Played nl for the first time in about a month yesterday; played awful but ran goot; only lost 40bbsLost AK to KK aipf vs an unknown who had 3b his 2nd hand and then 3b the third hard as well... so i figured he was an aggro reg or aggro monkey. mehThen I called a 3b otb with 98o and cracked aces on a 6728 board, 9 otr ftwAnd then called a 3b IP with 54s vs a nit and stacked off a flush draw and gutter vs his KK on 62Jtt; over jammed over his flop c-bet and he tank/called

I'd post a graph, but it'd be inaccurate since it missed so many hands. Suffice to say made ~$10k.Also, Bodog went fully anonymous on its tables yesterday. Definitely a change that could hurt my winrate.Here's a fun hand from this morning though...Bodog 2/4 NLHE (6-handed)UTG $112HJ $257CO $511Cobalt $600BB $111Cobalt is SB w/ :5c:ts. UTG's probably not too good and has limped in a few times. No real reads (LOL) otherwise.Pre-flop:UTG calls $4, HJ raises to $12, CO calls $12, 1 fold, Cobalt re-raises to $60, 3 folds, CO callsFlop ($140): :jh:D:3h (2 players)Cobalt bets $42, CO callsTurn ($224): :4h (2 players)Cobalt bets $63, CO callsRiver ($350): :club: (2 players)Cobalt bets $84, CO goes all-in for $346, Cobalt callsCO shows :qh :9cCobalt wins $1039

Also, Bodog went fully anonymous on its tables yesterday. Definitely a change that could hurt my winrate.
This is so stupid. My imagination is going wild with all the possible ways to exploit this (unethically). This definitely hurts their cause more than it helps