New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

+$50 last night at 1/3 after being down like $250 at one point. Kept running like ass in a lot of big pots. Early there is an UTG limped and I make it 20 with AKss. Limper calls. Flop comes AxTs6s. He checks I bet 25 he flats. Turn 3. He checks, I check behind. River 4x. He bets 60. I got a huge sense of strength from him but I felt like my hand was too strong/hidden to fold. So I call and he rolls over 52dd(wait, what?). A while later I get the ones. I limp (TARP) a we see a 5-way flop. Flop is J73 all clubs and I have the Ac. I bet 15 get a flat. Turn 3x. I bet 25, get a flat. River 6x. I bet 35. Get a flat, and he has K3ss. Cool...Then lose JJ<AQ aipf in like a $250 pot. Then get 44, raise to 11 in the CO. Sb calls. Flop is KJ4r. He check/calls 15, then he c/c 25 on K turn before leading for 50 and the 9 river. I make it 140 and he calls with K7dd. Won another decent pot the next hand with AJ when I made the toppest pair. When from like -$200 to +$100 in 2 hands and game broke shortly after. I realize there is like no start here but this thread has been dead. **** the government.

3517325[/url]']why didnt u bet ur AK on that board again on the turn?
Yeah this was obviously a huge derp by me. Villain was generally pretty TAG. I had never seen him limp/call UTG then just check/call like that. Made me think he was huge and I guess I got a little scared. I talked to him a bit ago and he said he thought the flop was AT5 not AT6 and he wanted to call to see "if I had an ace". He said he was gonna bet the river anyway but before he bet realized he misread the board and had a straight.
Good luck
Thanks. Different level, same fish.feral_cow_icon.gifThis converter is going to be a cash cow...HEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 7 playersSB: $10.00 BB: $25.00 (Hero)UTG: $29.70 UTG+1: $8.80 HJ: $26.70 CO: $27.52 Button: $24.52 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with :jh:club: (7 players)4 folds, Button calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.00, Button raises to $2.75, Hero raises to $6.00, Button raises to $9.25, Hero raises to $25.00, Button calls $15.27Flop: ($49.14) :D:4h:3h (2 players)Turn: ($49.14) :D (2 players)River: ($49.14) :D (2 players)Hero showed :D:ts, Button showed :qh:5c, Hero won $47.14

So we all know that 3betting on the btn vs co can be super profitable.What about flatting a really wide range, hands like 67o, K8o, J7s? In the past, I was always taught to just fold those hands because of domination, implied odds, etc. All valid reasons. However, if we have a post flop advantage as well as position, then I almost think it can be okay at times. I mean, those hands against a standard 3x raise are either slightly -EV or 0EV.So is it okay to take those slightly -EV spots pre flop because we're able to put ourselves into more +EV spots post flop?

I think in general it's better to be 3betting a polarised range and flatting the hands in the middle in BTN vs. CO situations. If you're flatting J7s/K8o there, what sort of hands are you 3betting?
I would still 3bet those hands in addition to a polarized range, but I would maybe split the frequency that I flat vs. 3bet hands like J7s and K8o if only to keep my range from becoming stagnant.

If you start flatting the btn a lot behind the CO I would think you have to watch out for the blinds squeezing a lot, don't think people ever believe you when you back raise them there so it's just putting out dead money isn't it?

He had a pair and it's btn vs blinds, super wide ranges obv and he's crushing you when you have A2s or 33
James speaks from experience. I saw him play almost the identical hand against fighter, as James had 44 or 55 and fighter had the A3
I would still 3bet those hands in addition to a polarized range, but I would maybe split the frequency that I flat vs. 3bet hands like J7s and K8o if only to keep my range from becoming stagnant.
just 3-bet imo, way harder to deal with out of position than you flatting