New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Supposed to get much snow on the front range this winter?It has snowed once up here so far and it's supposed to again on Tuesday or Wednesday this week. gg, autumn
I'm not sure. It snowed like less than an inch about a week ago. Nothing since then. Wed/Thurs I think were suppose to get some. I'm not even sure how much expected snow he needs to get a call, but fingers crossed for blizzards every friday!!!
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

+$175 ish last night at 2/5. Many lulzBought in $577 (Paid $400, runner owed me $177)Won a few hands the first orbits but then ran bad for a bit and sank down to the $200 level. Then get AA UTG. Button straddles for 15, sb calls, I make it 55. All fold to button who flat. SB shoves instantly (made me lol cause effective stack with button was like $500). I call button folds. Board runs out we show my AA > QQ. He stands up like 'Oh my god.... Are you serious? I can't believe that just happened.' My entire total is $202. He puts in $102 in chips then randomly grabs a $100 bill from his pocket and gives it to me even though he still has like $400 in front of him. I lol and give it to the runner for chips cause he doesn't let cash play. Win a few more hands and get up over $500. Then raise AQss UTG to 20. Get 3 callers. Same guy from ^^^^^ shoves 110-ish. I debate isolating which I think is the better play but I just flat. Other 3 callers fold. He has AK and holds, and starts to question me like 'Jeez, what did you think I had' like AQs is ever a fold there getting 2-1. I nicknamed this dude headphones guy since he listened to his iPod the whole night and you could hear the music it was so loud. Naturally, he also did the *remove earplugs and ask 'What?'* move about once a hand. About an hour later I call a straddle with 44. 4 way flop comes on 542hh. Checked to me I bet 35. Headphone dude instantly check raises me to 160. He only has 110 behind so I ship. He goes into the tank for 2 minutes before folding, lulz. Another lulz was headphones guy was getting pissed that the game was starting late. It was raining/snowing depending where you lived so naturally traffic sucked and it took people longer to get there. We had 5 people at one point and he was pissed we weren't starting. He kept going off like 'I'll play anything, I'll play 5 handed, heads up, whatever... let's just play' Like, ok... have fun finding somebody to play HU and get ass-raped by the rake. Eventually cashed out $750 after about 4 hours or so. Nice to finally put so wins together. About to commence a 3-day poker trip. Heading up to Blackhawk today with a friend flying in from Alaska. We're staying up there tonight and tomorrow, then we'll come back Friday for the 1/3. Hopefully don't lose all my monies before Vegas.

Nice work, KevinSome lol hands from today: ppl love the 2nd pair today:2t.png2u.pngI think he played the flop and turn really well. He time-banked the river, too.2v.pngI should have bet the flop larger as I wanted to jam the turn based on his stack, but meh, got him to call it off with the 2nd pair :club:2w.png

Fundamental-ish type question.I raise CO w/88. BTN 3bets a standard size.Normally I just fold here, and against a very aggro player who 3bets a lot, I'd consider 4bet/getting it in.Against this player, he has a 3bet of 6% (7/119). Since his range is really weighted towards big pairs, am I okay to call with the intention of simply set mining?

Fundamental-ish type question.I raise CO w/88. BTN 3bets a standard size.Normally I just fold here, and against a very aggro player who 3bets a lot, I'd consider 4bet/getting it in.Against this player, he has a 3bet of 6% (7/119). Since his range is really weighted towards big pairs, am I okay to call with the intention of simply set mining?
Depends on stack sizes. If you know he doesn't fold a pair post flop in 3 bet pots and you have decent implied odds you are probably good to call.

6% is far wider than just big pairs and if he views you as a TAG he will be pretty damn wide on the button vs your cut-off opens, maybe 8-10% probablypay attn to who is in the blinds, as that will have an effect on the buttons rangeI think the standard should be to fold 22-77 for sure, 88 and 99 are tough for me, but I think they should be a fold as well. Unless we know that dude will pay us off with over-pairs and barrel his air balls I don't know if it will be profitable.

what'd I just say
Meh, it was a weird hand and how it played out I might be a fish...Reg raises, fish calls I call 66 in the blindsdonk a K62tt flop, reg calls, fish jams all-in for less than a raise so it doesn't reopen actionI bet Q turnjam a flush completing river for 3/4 pot and 110bbs and lose to QQ... I have no idea about the river play... when he calls the turn he's probably lol strong and not calling with AK or whatev... meh
October goals25k handsWin some money consistantly.
[x] 25 hands[x] Win some money consistantly.OK so I did actually win some money this month but the win rate was pretty poor and not to keep whinging but would be nice to run on EV some time. Oct11-EV.jpgI'm 1000bbs under ev over 87k hands on stars.TotalPoker: $57.60Bonus etc: $60= $117.60I have enough FPPS to buy two of the $50 rewards, anyone know if I should buy now in the hopes of moving up a little sooner or save till I get a higher VIP level? November goals25k handswin moneyz!
xxeddie 2/14 in a Venetian Deepstack event; I hear there is $14k for first... so hopefully he ships a lot of monies
Bink!Still a few donktards left. Daniel Martin aka 'Wretchy' is still in and sadly two to my left today. Ted Lawson also still alive (he's one of the donktards).Have 284k and we will finish the 3k/6k/500a.
6th for $4300 I think I saw88<QQ for 22bbsNice start to the trip; keep crushing
4th actually. But yeah. I got nit rolled too :-/. I raised UTG to 32k, SB re-popped to like 88k. I shipped 350k-ish. He thought for a good 20 seconds....