New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I 4b to 80c... nothing wrong with c.f bricked flops imo.
True, I like that line. And overall I'm okay with it, but sometimes I just really want to stack the fish.I ended up 4b jamming which I still don't think is great. But to be RO, he did snap call with AQs, and I won.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

True, I like that line. And overall I'm okay with it, but sometimes I just really want to stack the fish.I ended up 4b jamming which I still don't think is great. But to be RO, he did snap call with AQs, and I won.
:club:
2) 3betting is probably better. I've been trying to flat these smaller opens IP and use the position and deeper effective stacks to play post... I think his 3b is kinda low and his 4b kinda high, but I'll recheck that next time I open the tracker
For me personally, I tend to 3bet my unsuited broadways more than I flat, all for the reasons that SCS already mentioned. I prefer calling with the suited broadways since those play pretty well in multi-way pots in case the SB and/or BB come along.
1) Lol, poker copilot-aments. You're 3ameternal??2) 3betting is probably better. I've been trying to flat these smaller opens IP and use the position and deeper effective stacks to play post... I think his 3b is kinda low and his 4b kinda high, but I'll recheck that next time I open the tracker3) Yeah, feels dirty to bet/fold but I think it's best. Any value in checking back to rep a 66-99 type hand that he might bluff at on the river or something?
1) Yeah2) I'd probably 3 bet KJo and either call or 3 bet KJs. If villain is 4 betting a lot, I'd either call or fold KJo and call KJs.3) I think it's better to just bet the turn, because you are going to be betting with all your floats here as well. Also, I don't think checking will induce that many bluffs on the river, because when people call the flop and check back the turn, they almost always have a hand that is looking to get to showdown. In villain's mind, if he's a thinking reg, if you represent 66-99 by checking the turn he should expect you to be checking with the intention of calling most rivers.

I don't fold my kj with no straights and flushes possible...yeah he can have us drawing dead but, I don't know, it's 10nl and people do weird things, especially aggro regs (he may even be thinking that we'll bet the obvious scare card). we're about 45% to a range exclusively of aa/77/qj/jt/kj/aj. when it's that close, I just go with it. I'd consider raising the flop, even in position, just because his c/bet % is kind of low, so he's more likely to have something when he bets the flop. it is possible obviously that he's not a c/bet monkey and he bets dependent on texture and opponent.

I don't fold my kj with no straights and flushes possible...yeah he can have us drawing dead but, I don't know, it's 10nl and people do weird things, especially aggro regs (he may even be thinking that we'll bet the obvious scare card). we're about 45% to a range exclusively of aa/77/qj/jt/kj/aj. when it's that close, I just go with it. I'd consider raising the flop, even in position, just because his c/bet % is kind of low, so he's more likely to have something when he bets the flop. it is possible obviously that he's not a c/bet monkey and he bets dependent on texture and opponent.
yeah, flop raise seems to be the consensusI was thinking that since his cbet is low he'd most likely have something/double barrel etc.Plus I like to flat those boards; doubt he would know that and c/r turn with air tho meh

[X] Did not fail at 2/5[X] $330 profitNight started out FML worthy.Bought in 5, and in the first orbit ran KK into AA. Villain offered to run it twice and I agreed. Binked a K on the turn in run #2. Few hands later lost QQ when I raised pre and everybody folded to the BB who called with 53dd and binked a straight. Played me hand slow though and only lost about 150. Got some back with JJ. MP raise and 3 calls. I popped it to 110 and the OR called with only 100 behind. Flop Axx, I put him in he folds 99. Made some nice bluffs, too. Double barreled KQ on J434 and won. Then turn a flopped 2nd pair into a bluff when it became 4th pair with 4 clubs. I bet like 1/3 the pot to make it scream call me and villain insta mucked. Overall was very thrilled with my play. Now I'm just hoping I can string some wins together. My BR has been stuck in neutral lately. Winning session one day, losing session the next.

After almost 12k hands of break even I'm on a little upswong; it's nice2n.pngand bc it's pretty; post black friday (lol volume; but I'm playing well and when I want to, so meh)2o.png

+$680 @ 1/3 last nightI was expecting not to arrive to the game till 9 or 10, but plans changed and I got there and found that he had a full table to start and 5 others on the way. I offered to deal for him and he said sure. I hadn't dealt in a while and I didn't wanna leave and come back. Plus the runner is a friend of mine and a lot of the people on the way were new, so I figured I'd let them play to help out my friend. First down I do what I do and flop set over set over set on a 632 board. Yawn... After I get down he's 9 handed. I buyin for $100 to mess around with while I wait for my next down and people to show. However, nobody ever showed. We got down to 9 handed so my friend went ahead and dealt while I played. In the first hour or so I had built my stack up to $250 by getting decent hands and betting them. Usually when I deal I play my hands straight up since I'm only in there to fill the game, and busting a player just hurts the game which hurts the money that gets taken off. Since I had built up a decent stack I decided not to add-on before I played "for real".Not a whole lot of interesting hands, but here is an LOL-spew that came towards the end of the night. 6 handed at this point. UTG limps, I make it 20 with AQo. UTG calls. Flop comes QQA. UTG looks like he wants to bet, but he checks. I decide to bet 25 since I picked up he wanted to. He flats. Turn is a 4. He checks, and I decided to check cause I feel like he will lead the river almost always and I can make a big raise. River T. He checks and I'm kinda like WTF. I coulda sworn he loved to flop. I figure he just has a hand like Ax and may be giving me a chance to bluff. So I bet 75 looking to get paid off for a decent amount. He thinks for 20 seconds or so before making it $200. I see he only has about another $140 behind so I ship it and he absolutely snaps with QJ, lolz.Here are some cliffs for those of you taking notes- Buyin short- Nit it up/pick up hands- Cooler somebody, and have them lose way more than they should- Profit

"I hope he has a 5 he can't fold here"feral_cow_icon.gifConverting hands till the cows come homePokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 ante $0.02 - 8 playersUTG+1: $25.21 MP: $25.00 HJ: $14.57 CO: $25.90 Button: $10.99 (Hero)SB: $10.15 BB: $24.42 UTG: $10.00 Preflop: ($0.31) Hero is Button with :ts:5c (8 players)UTG checks, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, CO calls $0.40Flop: ($1.31) :D :D :qh (2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $0.99, CO calls $0.99Turn: ($3.29) :club: (2 players)CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.99, CO calls $2.49River: ($9.27) :jh (2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $6.49 and is all-in, CO calls $6.49CO showed :D :D, and lost with two pair, Kings and SixesHero showed :4h:3h, and won ($21.26) with a full house, Kings full of FivesHero won $21.26(Rake: $1.09)Solid read imo

Meh, you're cold calling range is mostly pairs 99-JJ is mostly what I put villains on who flat 3bets, a bit wider bc you'rein position, and maybe AK and AQs or somethingI'd 4bet small but flatting is prob okAs played I'd raise the flop bc we can have the flush draw? And want to stack his flush draws and KK AQ or whateverI think at 4nl we should just cold-4 here always for value; even at 10 and 25nl vs regs I'm cold-4ing AA bc we need value hands if we are ever going to do it light...It's late and I'm watching OU/TT; just shipped the over as I type this so boom, this all might not make sense

TEbow :club:
FML. I live in Denver, and all I'm gonna hear about all week is the 5 minutes of the game that Tebow played well. Who ****ing care about the other 60+ minutes where he looked like crap.
5 most important minutes tho.Also, hard for a QB to find his rhythm when the coach is calling like 75% running plays.
That confused me too. Like midway through Q3 he was like 3-10. I was like wtf? 10 throws? lol

Brag: Binked an on-call dealing job for a friend. He is gonna work for a landscaping company that is in charge of plowing snow across multiple cities. So if he gets a call that he will be plowing the next morning, I will get a call that I'll need to deal. It's train wrecking time!

Brag: Binked an on-call dealing job for a friend. He is gonna work for a landscaping company that is in charge of plowing snow across multiple cities. So if he gets a call that he will be plowing the next morning, I will get a call that I'll need to deal. It's train wrecking time!
Supposed to get much snow on the front range this winter?It has snowed once up here so far and it's supposed to again on Tuesday or Wednesday this week. gg, autumn