New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I'll just send you a player transfers on this new online site. I have it on good authority that one is opening up to over half of Americans in the next 80 days.
hud
What I plan on using your money towards. mxo7C-ZI6YiaCt5TVVIG.pngSilk Suitjama. "because you should always look good. All the time."
hul
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Def shipping; I think I'd ship 99 and nit with 88Closing action is pretty nice here so I think we have to based on villains 55 ship earlier
I'm breaking my mouse getting it in.
I nitted it with 66 in a similar spot but got it in here. He had the AQ and binked like all the Russians do.

I played for the first time in a few weeks today; made quad aces and kingsI went with the flop over bet bc of the drawiness and wanting to build the pot, then on the river I should have just zeebo jammed on him but I suck... He's a hugh fish2e.pngThen here, I should also jam river bc he likely has busted hearts or a FH, so zeeeeebo, but again ISAP; he's 61/3/.8 over 36 hands2f.pngAnd weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the running good after running situationally bad2g.png

Question...Sorry I don't have the actual HH, but I'm pretty sure I can give most of the details.UTG+1 (27/20) opens to .14, I call with KJs, BTN (25/19) calls, and SB (31/26) squeezes to .74It folds back to me, and only the BTN and SB are left. The SB has a 3B of 15% (18% from the blinds), and I have a note that he is a habitual squeezer.I 4bet jam. Is that okay? I figure BTN can't ever be too strong here, and SB should have a wide enough range that I can pick up the dead money.

Question...Sorry I don't have the actual HH, but I'm pretty sure I can give most of the details.UTG+1 (27/20) opens to .14, I call with KJs, BTN (25/19) calls, and SB (31/26) squeezes to .74It folds back to me, and only the BTN and SB are left. The SB has a 3B of 15% (18% from the blinds), and I have a note that he is a habitual squeezer.I 4bet jam. Is that okay? I figure BTN can't ever be too strong here, and SB should have a wide enough range that I can pick up the dead money.
I take it you're playing 5nl, and effective stack are 100bbs?Idk about a 4bet jam, if I was gonna make a play, I think I'd 4bet to the 2.20 range and get it in if he 5bet shoves since we'd be getting like 3-1. A jam almost makes it look like 'I know my 88/AJ hand is good so I'm going to overshove.' IMOThen again, I'm a mega nit so I probably curse him and be like 'I should 4 bet, he's gonna fold, I know it' and fold....
I take it you're playing 5nl, and effective stack are 100bbs?Idk about a 4bet jam, if I was gonna make a play, I think I'd 4bet to the 2.20 range and get it in if he 5bet shoves since we'd be getting like 3-1. A jam almost makes it look like 'I know my 88/AJ hand is good so I'm going to overshove.' IMOThen again, I'm a mega nit so I probably curse him and be like 'I should 4 bet, he's gonna fold, I know it' and fold....
I'd jam here with a strong ace high for value... but i hope you don't think you're doing this for fold equity...
I'd jam here with a strong ace high for value... but i hope you don't think you're doing this for fold equity...
I'd kinda hope so with a hand like KJss. I'd be likely to 4bet strong As like you said but I still don't think I shove a whole lot of hands here.

The issue is your range is very capped at the top because you aren't flatting hands like aces here in the first place very often. Particularly at 5nl. A lot depends on how good you think the squeezer is in this hand, and what sort of hands he'll call with. I have to run but I suggest you try and find a range of hands he squeezes/calls with in this spot and then work out how KJs does against it. Then working out how many hands he might squeeze total (remember he's probably flatting the middle of his range like medium pocket pairs, so don't just put the top 15% or w/e into pokerstove) you can get an idea of your fold equity in this spot and how wide you can effectively jam. I'd be interested to see the results, so I might try and do it if no-one does in the next 18 or so hours.

CS, opening KJo UTG at FR is generally going to be lighting money on fire. I mean, I'll even fold AJo there a decent portion of the time.

Opener is 25/21/90% fold to 3b and utg+1 is 37/16/62% fold to 3bShould I pass the KQs in this spot? 3betting is > flatting though?Then, on the flop, vs the flatter, his range is likely a lot of pocket pairs, and like some suited AX hands like and prob some off suit ace hands like A9-AQ maybe. And of course some random suited nectors and KX hands and other fishy stuff obvCheck the flop? Bet/get it in seems spewy as we'll get it in bad unless he has some JTss type hands... I dunno. His AF is 2.2 and his c.r is 8% (2/25), I have 210 hands on him. The only note I have on him is that he went to c.r turned two-pair (93 he defended in bb on AT3tt9 board) but missed the c.r, and bet/called river when the flush hit... he lost to a flush obv)Merge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterUTG: $17.10CO: $10.74Hero (BTN): $11.34SB: $10.22BB: $10.29Pre-Flop: Kspadenormal.gif Qspadenormal.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)UTG raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 3 folds, CO calls $0.80Flop: ($2.95) 8diamondnormal.gif Aspadenormal.gif 3spadenormal.gif (2 Players)CO checks,

I think 3 betting or flatting are both pretty good in that spot. Particularly with UTG's huge fold to 3bet, it means you could end up in a both against CO who will be c/f a lot of flops. And I have no qualms bet/getting it in on that flop. I think checking back kills a lot of value, and there really aren't many hands we would be checking back on that sort of flop.

+500ish at 1/3 tonightStarted out good, bought in 300. Early on limped with 64ss. 6 way flop on 379. BB leads for 11, 3 callers so I call for a gutter. Turn 8 BB leads 11 again, everybody folds to me. I figure BB has a 9x type hand and I can make most fold so I bump it to 45. He calls. I still think he's not super strong and may have a 9T/96 type hand. River 5. He checks I bet 55 he calls and has 33, so that was a good bink.Few hands later I raise UTG with 99 to 15. MP guy with 250 makes it 30. I flat. Flop comes J9x and I stack him and his assumed overpair. At that point had 650-700 in front of me but the next few hours I went really card dead, and dropped to about 450. Then I epically failed at setting a TARP with the toppest pair against a super aggro big stack. Big stack straddles to 18 from MP. 1 caller and I make it 88 with ATo from the BB. Big stack calls. Flop comes A64. I go for the c/r, since he has a super wide range, and he checks behind. Turn is a Q (rainbow). I bet 75 making it look like a scared KK and hoping he raises. He just flats. River is an 8, I check to induce a bluff. He bets 150, I call rather quickly and he turns over Q8o... Derrrrrrrrrp.In retrospect I would obv want to bet the flop, but I think my slowplay works a lot vs the villain and gives him a chance to bluff. I think if he doesn't pair the turn he may raise my weak looking bet. End up losing my last 150 or so vs same guy A9cc vs TT AIPF. He straddles for like 20, got a caller and I shipped and he woke up with the tenz.I rebuy for 400, and went on a good run. Including a hand when same villain straddled for 15, got a call and a raise to 45. I flat with KQss, folds to the limper who shoves for 150ish. OR calls leaving himself 100 behind. I'm like 'well ****' There's just under 400 in there and it's another 105 to call. I didn't put either of them on a strong hand. OR was very aggro and the shover was a spewtard on tilt. I call. Me and the other guy agree to check it down. I flop a K which is good. Aggro guy shows AQ, allin player said he had 88 (doubtful since this guy always lies.)That got me up to around 600 when I went on a pretty sick tear in short order. Made a nice bluff and profited 100 or so from it. Then pick up QQ, made another 100. Very next hand get AA, win 200 from a guy with TOP/TOP. Few hands later same guy with top/top makes it 7, I flat with QQ (god knows why...) 4 callers and the BB squeezes from 80 total (phew) OR calls, I re-raise to 300. OR folds, BB has QTcc and we agree to run it twice and I win both. Ended up cashing out +1195Tomorrow night one of the players is running a fund-raiser type tournament. It's a $100 buyin with $50 rebuys. It's run by him and a bunch of other parents for a girls volleyball team and half the money goes to the team. 1st place usually still ends up being over 1k and more often than not over 2k. Plus it's just a fun time, the structure is actually half-decent for a home game type tourney, and a lot of the players are bad. So meh, maybe I'll run good there too. Vamoooooooo

Bought in for $160 at 200nl yesterday. Finished up $131 after about 6 hours or so. Pretty easy day. Just played solid, and my 2 biggest bluffs didn't get called.One hand, I had Th8h and limp in. Ends up being 3 handed. Flop is 9x5h6x. SB bets $10, I float with my gutshot, overcard, and backdoor flush draw. The button also callsTurn is Jh, so now I'm open ended and I have a flush draw. SB bets $10 again. His bet seemed really weak and I wanted to raise, but assuming all 17 outs are clean, I think I'm getting a good price to just call getting around 3:1. Plus it might bring in the button and trap some dead money if I do make my hand on the river, but the button ends up folding.River is another 9. SB makes another $10 bet. At this point I don't think I rep much, but at the same time neither does he, and his bet sizing screams "I'm weak". If I had to put him on a range I might say 56, 77, 88, maybe 44 and then maybe a few combos of gutshots.I decided to raise, I think it was to either $35 or $45, and he folded.

I was about to value jam bc this guy is a huge fish, fml2i.png
Sucks that I know the results, but I still think the river might be a little too thin. I'm assuming A2 in this spot is probably near the bottom of your value range. He can easily have better Aces in his range, and some possible 2 pair hands as well.But if you have reads/notes, then it's possible that your river bet is fine.Any specific reason for just going 3x pre?
Sucks that I know the results, but I still think the river might be a little too thin. I'm assuming A2 in this spot is probably near the bottom of your value range. He can easily have better Aces in his range, and some possible 2 pair hands as well.But if you have reads/notes, then it's possible that your river bet is fine.Any specific reason for just going 3x pre?
Yeah, the iso was too small (I was watching football and distracting/playing poorly) and the river is def thin, but I just didn't expect to see the straight when he called

Here's a spot I'm not 100% on the best way to play it.Some reads/stats on villain: 56/28/12% 3b. He had been making these min 3bets a lot all session. In one hand I saw him min raise UTG, call a squeeze and stack off on QJx. He had Q4oHow should I react to his 3b in this hand? I'm fairly certain he would call a 4bet, but then I don't know what to do on flops that don't have an A or K.Is 4bet jamming an option? It just seems like such a massive overbet, and as much as I think he could call with weaker Aces, I don't know for a fact.MERGE_GAME #4202051400577: Holdem NL $0.02/$0.04 10/16/2011 15:34:08Table Santiago (42020514)Seat 1: Mpilalao ($4.63 in chips) DEALERSeat 2: SuperJon9000 ($7.41 in chips)Seat 3: itsyourluckyday ($17.39 in chips)Seat 4: therakeisalie ($4.58 in chips)Seat 6: BreakingTalents ($4.00 in chips)SuperJon9000: Post SB $0.02itsyourluckyday: Post BB $0.04*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to SuperJon9000 [Kh As]therakeisalie: FoldBreakingTalents: FoldMpilalao: FoldSuperJon9000: Raise $0.12itsyourluckyday: Raise $0.20SuperJon9000:

I 4b to 80c... nothing wrong with c.f bricked flops imo.2l.pngThoughts on this spot? UTG likely has AA or KK with a diamond or AKdd, the sb might have us over-flushed as well,Merge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterBTN: $15.72SB: $13.57Hero (BB): $10UTG: $10.37CO: $12.29Pre-Flop: 6diamondnormal.gif 5diamondnormal.gif dealt to Hero (BB)UTG raises to $0.26, CO folds, BTN calls $0.26, SB calls $0.21, Hero calls $0.16Flop: ($1.04) 9diamondnormal.gif 8diamondnormal.gif Tdiamondnormal.gif (4 Players)SB bets $0.69, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG raises to $10.11 and is All-In, BTN folds, SB raises to $13.31 and is All-In, Hero ????Here's our guys: sb is a nit, so I think when he donk/calls it off he's uber strong2m.png

Dudes a reg: 2k.png2j.pngthoughts??
Why am I in the SB, but I act after MP and before CO preflop?Anyways, I like to 3 bet this type of player preflop with KJo. We have blockers to most 4 betting range, though most players won't 4 bet as light from MP as they would in the CO or BTN, we pick up dead money when villain folds, and we win the pot more times postflop when we don't flop a hand.As played, I'd play it the same way postflop. I don't see villain having any worse hands here, besides QJs, or JTs, and he might not take this line with those hands.
Why am I in the SB, but I act after MP and before CO preflop?Anyways, I like to 3 bet this type of player preflop with KJo. We have blockers to most 4 betting range, though most players won't 4 bet as light from MP as they would in the CO or BTN, we pick up dead money when villain folds, and we win the pot more times postflop when we don't flop a hand.As played, I'd play it the same way postflop. I don't see villain having any worse hands here, besides QJs, or JTs, and he might not take this line with those hands.
1) Lol, poker copilot-aments. You're 3ameternal??2) 3betting is probably better. I've been trying to flat these smaller opens IP and use the position and deeper effective stacks to play post... I think his 3b is kinda low and his 4b kinda high, but I'll recheck that next time I open the tracker3) Yeah, feels dirty to bet/fold but I think it's best. Any value in checking back to rep a 66-99 type hand that he might bluff at on the river or something?