New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

XXEddie, did you play HPT or any satty's???
*Epic sigh* No.I was moving that whole week and never found time to get up there. Wish I could have.On a funnier note. Some friends introduced me to a 1-2 game that was just LOL-dumb and I won't be going back. Lost $400, but don't care, it was more because the game runners are just bad. LOL moment 1 - To assign the button, the dealer put it on its side and flicked it so it spun around, and wherever it landed got the button. LOL moment 2 - On a QsTsXx8s board. It was checked to me and I bet $25. My opponent made two stacks of $30, and put them in ONE BY ONE. I ask the dealer "Isn't that a string bet." and she said no... um, wtf? Guy ended up having KJss. Also turned out to be a super-calling station donk and I would have had a much better chance to fold if this hand didn't happen 20 minutes into the game.LOL moment 3 - I made it $10 with JJ, and got flatted by 3 players. I had ONE of them beat (AA and KK flatted). Got min-raised on the flop and dumped it. LOL moment 4 - My friend opens for $6, I flat, the sb appears to flat, BB calls $6. SB goes 'No, I made it $8.' my friend says 'I made it $6.'. Sb goes 'Oh, I didn't see that, can I still raise?'. Dealer allows him to...LOL moment 5. Friends daughter opens for $15, my friend doesn't see this and throws out $18 trying to raise. Daughter goes 'No, I made it $15.' My friends then tries to make it $40, BUT THE DEALER SAYS NO. Ends up getting his KK cracked by some guy who flatted to $18 with 88 and $60 behind and binks. It was also a slow game with a bunch of nits that made it hard to get unstuck after the straight > flush hand.
LOL moment 1 - To assign the button, the dealer put it on its side and flicked it so it spun around, and wherever it landed got the button. LOL moment 2 - I stayed after moment 1
FYPOn a side note, however, it might behoove you to ask whoever runs the game if you could deal, since they're clearly clueless. Dealing games like that is waaaaaaay +EV
FYPOn a side note, however, it might behoove you to ask whoever runs the game if you could deal, since they're clearly clueless. Dealing games like that is waaaaaaay +EV
The game runners dealt. I went with my friends, who run the 1/3 game, and they went as a favor and they were my ride. So I couldn't exactly leave. But yeah, I tried to play super tight so I could win/lose the minimum, that didn't work so well.
Mad props to somebody who can WIN 140k and still go on.... Bajerky monkey tilt?
Coke Vodka is a hell of a drug.

Spot the error(s) that were made here:Hand #1Villain was pretty tight, and this seemed like an obvious steal attempt. I hit a home run draw, and his bet sizing/pattern seemed like he was repping big air, so that is why I just c/c the first two. Problem?? River gives me a small holding, but I still am feeling a pretty cool breeze here. Thoughts??Cake - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 9 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3UTG: $1.50UTG+1: $2.98MP: $1.35MP+1: $3.74LP: $0.67CO: $1.33BTN: $3.88Hero (SB): $4.24BB: $3.70Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 6:heart: A:heart: fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.10, foldFlop: ($0.28, 2 players) 4:spade: 9:heart: J:heart: Hero checks, BTN bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14Turn: ($0.56, 2 players) 2:spade: Hero checks, BTN bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28River: ($1.12, 2 players) 6:spade: Hero checks, BTN bets $0.72, Hero ???Hand #2Here, I feel like I screwed this all up. Kinda a role reversal from the above hand. This villain was also pretty tight, and I put him on some kind of semi-premium holding based on his call to my raise. After he called my double-barrel, I had a brain fart and thought lets try a third, but then I got slapped back to reality. J10 could have been there, but I felt not likely due to what he was generally showing down with in previous hands. Thoughts??Cake - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 9 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3MP: $1.98MP+1: $2.67LP: $4.54CO: $1.93BTN: $3.73SB: $2.54BB: $3.66Hero (UTG): $5.00UTG+1: $4.17SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has J:spade: K:diamond: Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.12, fold, fold, fold, fold, foldFlop: ($0.30, 2 players) 8:club: 6:diamond: 7:spade: Hero bets $0.16, MP+1 calls $0.16Turn: ($0.62, 2 players) Q:diamond: Hero bets $0.40, MP+1 calls $0.40River: ($1.42, 2 players) 9:spade: Hero bets $1.00, MP+1 raises to $1.99 and is all-in, Hero ???

Hand #1 As played, fold river. Very rare for him to be outright bluffing here.Also a few things I would've done differently...3b or fold preXR flop or bet/3b the flop, both with the intention of getting it in.Hand #2Did the HH get messed up or something? From here, it just looks like you bet the river with K high and get shoved on.As played, easiest fold ever. Honestly, I think the turn bet is okay since the Q helps our perceived range, but I'm just x/folding the river here. It's really not a good card to bluff since it should help him way more than us.I would also make an argument for not cbetting the flop, and just x/folding. This is a board that pretty much nails a flat caller's range, especially from MP. Rarely do you see someone fold to a single bet, and often you'll have to double or triple barrel in order to get them to fold.

Yeah, fold pre-flop in both hands imoAs played I fold the river in the first handI c.f the river in the 2nd, the turn is a good card to barrel but once he calls twice based on his stack size and likely fishiness I'm just giving up; I'm also down with Jons idea of c.f flop; But seriously don't open KJo UTG in a FR game

Good point about folding pre with KJo JamesAs for the A6s hand, calling can be okay sometimes as long as we aren't playing so passive.If he is cbetting a bunch, then calling and x/raising most flops can be more profitable than 3betting. Since we win his preflop raise + his flop cbet. At the same time, we're only risking slightly more than the amount we would have if we 3b before the flop.I think that makes sense.

Hand #1 I make the hero call and villain has Qc10c. In the moment, something just didn't seem right. I mean, the board was fairly dry, and villain was tight. BUT, if he was just going for the steal, a J in his range would have fit very well. Generally HU in these kind of situation with the nut flush draw or straight draw, I kinda like to call OOP, or bet/call OP. Try not to inflate the pot. Problem is that when it does hit it is pretty obvious. Some players will just keep on betting, and some will slow-up. Kinda a "dammed if you do and dammed if you don't"??Hand #2 I folded. Should have given up earlier. Usually if you fire 2 barrels and they call, these guys will go to showdown. Sometimes, based on their history, they could just be calling off 2 on a draw-heavy board, and the third one would get them to fold, but the times that happens vs. times they don't is probably not a long term profitable play. Opening with KJoff is something pretty standard withe me, especially in EP so potential problem? I do know you have to play it more carefully, especially against certain players. Depending on who makes the call (rarely see a 3-bet PF. If so I will let it go), that will determine how the flop goes. Most of the time on a wet board I will make the c-bet, and see how it goes. If it is a fairly dry board I will just go ahead and check and see what develops.Another thing I have noticed is some players will c-bet a good bit on anything, then just give up. Recently I have payed more attention to trying to bet more and be a bit more aggressive, and don't give them respect unless they have shown it. By nature, I am generally a passive-style player tho. I still try to keep a 100-150 hand session at about 25-30VP. I feel like that is active enough without being too active. Are my thought processes on the right track, or am I just way off here???

In 6max I only open KJo UTG if there is a fish in the blinds; so I would almost always fold it UTG in FR unless the table was really amazingAlso, 25-30 VPIP is likely too high for micro-stakes FR. There are definitely spots where we can bluff at the nano-stakes but for the most part, our villains are going to be showdown-bound droolers and in order to beat them we are going to need to make a hand.I play between 20-22 VPIP at 6max, and if I was playing FR I would likely play something like 16/13 or similar. I remember gumby telling me that he played like 16vpip at 6max and eff if it's nitty he was winning, and that's all that matters.

So far I have seen the villain do the following against the same third party reg:open ship 55 for 80+bb from EPship over limp w/ QJo for 100+bb from COferal_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 8 playersSB: $10.00 BB: $10.00 (Hero)UTG: $11.02 UTG+1: $9.01 MP: $10.05 HJ: $25.60 CO: $9.52 Button: $4.60 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with :club::ts (8 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $3.00, 5 folds, Hero ship/fold?Villain is running 45/22 over 100+ hands but I haven't seen him open to this size before. Are we happy just shipping tens in this spot and what range of hands would you go with?

I'm probably needing a buy-out or paypal info so I can ship on our legislation bet
I'll just send you a player transfers on this new online site. I have it on good authority that one is opening up to over half of Americans in the next 80 days.