New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Somewhere an angel just got their wingsferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 7 playersUTG: $13.73 UTG+1: $4.96 HJ: $3.40 CO: $4.37 Button: $10.00 (Hero)SB: $12.05 BB: $10.00 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is Button with :jh:3h (7 players)3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB folds, BB folds, CO raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $10 and is all-in, CO calls $2.57 and is all-inFlop: ($8.89) :D :D :club: (2 players)Turn: ($8.89) :ts (2 players)River: ($8.89) :D (2 players)CO showed :4h:5c, and lost with a pair of KingsHero showed :D:qh, and won ($8.45) with a flush, Ace highHero won $8.45(Rake: $0.44)death to short stackers

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

w0rd! What would be the best way to get to the game? Taxi? I would guess that they have taxi's line up outside the stadium after the game.
Since you're not familiar with the area I'd definitely cab it."Best" way would probably be some combination of Septa's orange/blue lines...Google maps actually has pretty reliable public transit directions.

Actually... off hand I think Septa's R1 goes from the airport to 30th streetThen from 30th street you take the L (blue line) to broad street, then catch the free interchange to the orange line that should take you to the stadium

OK. Did what you guys suggested, but only played 3 tables of 6-max just to test the waters. Was still able to keep an eye on the aggrotards, but every time I found myself in a tight decision spot, I was having to do it on all 3 tables at the same time, so I probably lost out on a bit, but still made $6.64 in 1:45, and made profit on all 3 tables. Here was the best hand of the night. I think the pot sized bet was too much here, because I am only getting called by better. At the time I thought it was ok, but after review, I think about 1/3 - 1/2 would have been better here. Thoughts?? One of the villains was really tight, and the other loose as hell. I was playing semi-tight, but just came off of a few losses in coolers/bad calls, so maybe had a semi-tilty image??Cake - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3Hero (BB): $4.61UTG: $3.66MP: $4.50CO: $10.43BTN: $3.94SB: $4.21SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has X X UTG calls $0.04, MP calls $0.04, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, Hero calls $0.16, UTG calls $0.16, MP calls $0.16Flop: ($1.00, 5 players) 6:club: A:spade: 2:diamond: SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, fold, MP calls $0.12, BTN calls $0.12Turn: ($1.48, 4 players) 9:spade: SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75River: ($3.73, 3 players) Q:club: SB checks, Hero raises to $3.54 and is all-in, SB ???, BTN ???

OK. Did what you guys suggested, but only played 3 tables of 6-max just to test the waters. Was still able to keep an eye on the aggrotards, but every time I found myself in a tight decision spot, I was having to do it on all 3 tables at the same time, so I probably lost out on a bit, but still made $6.64 in 1:45, and made profit on all 3 tables. Here was the best hand of the night. I think the pot sized bet was too much here, because I am only getting called by better. At the time I thought it was ok, but after review, I think about 1/3 - 1/2 would have been better here. Thoughts?? One of the villains was really tight, and the other loose as hell. I was playing semi-tight, but just came off of a few losses in coolers/bad calls, so maybe had a semi-tilty image??Cake - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3Hero (BB): $4.61UTG: $3.66MP: $4.50CO: $10.43BTN: $3.94SB: $4.21SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has X X UTG calls $0.04, MP calls $0.04, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, Hero calls $0.16, UTG calls $0.16, MP calls $0.16Flop: ($1.00, 5 players) 6:club: A:spade: 2:diamond: SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, fold, MP calls $0.12, BTN calls $0.12Turn: ($1.48, 4 players) 9:spade: SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75River: ($3.73, 3 players) Q:club: SB checks, Hero raises to $3.54 and is all-in, SB ???, BTN ???
I play pretty fit or fold with pocket X's. If you don't hit an X on the flop (XXX woo!) then you probably should play it slower.

I would imagine you have to have 22 or 66 here, in which case I'd raise the flop to like $.75 or soAs played, I'd bet the turn larger knowing that you will get sicko value from almost all 4nl player who hold an AX hand here; .90-1.10 should do as it will also make the river shove smaller in relation to the pot

I would imagine you have to have 22 or 66 here, in which case I'd raise the flop to like $.75 or soAs played, I'd bet the turn larger knowing that you will get sicko value from almost all 4nl player who hold an AX hand here; .90-1.10 should do as it will also make the river shove smaller in relation to the pot
22Good point. Just went along with the flop since I was in an EP and the flop was pretty dry. Trying to drag along a few folks in such a family pot. I see what you are saying about the turn bet. Kind made me look like a spaz on the river, in which I probably left some pennies on the table.Didn't go so well moving up to 4 tables FR tonight. Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. Too much going on, got ran over a few times, could not pay attention to the hands properly and made some really bad calls, caught some nice coolers, and couldn't win a flip for $hit. Nice experiment tho losing 1/2 BR in 51 minutes and less on a friday night. Seems like a different style of players come out on friday nights. Ohh well. Back to work another day. Too soul crushed to play anymore tonight. :club:
September goals30k handsWin some money consistantly.
[ ] 30k hands[ ] win some money consistantlyStandard month for me really. Sep11.jpgUp, down, all over the place really. I seem to suck at winning big pots which is a problem and my red line is disappointing too for the stakes I play imo. TotalPoker: -$17.97Bonus etc: $20= $2.03October goals25k handsWin some money consistantly.

Brag: +770 at 1/3. Good to get back on the horse. Beat: Flopped 2 sets last night. QQ on QhTx7h and somehow none of the 4 preflop callers had anything. And 88 on T98d. Which I promptly chopped with 84 when he called my flop bet and it came Jd/7d. He tried to pot it on the river and I snapped cause if he ever wasn't playing the board he doesn't pot it. So I impoved my set record in the last 2 months to 2 wins (no action on flop), 2 losses (big pots obv) and 1 chop. Hoo-ray. Variance: The was an lol night. Game runner had 11 'confirmed' to start. Once couple cancelled, another guy cancelled, and another couple said they'd be running late. We eventually start 7 handed and the game is pretty slow but still nice. When eventually got 10 handed I believe and the game got juicy. Pretty early in there is a button straddle of 6. SB makes it 36. I flat with AQcc. Button flats. Flop is Ad9d4x. SB checked, I checked to aggro Button who bets 60. SB folds (which was obv KK-JJ). I make it 160 with villain having about 140 behind the 60. He tanks forever and claims AK (lolz). I told him I'd tell him what I had after the game ended and he continued his tale of having AK. Couple hands later I straddle UTG and get 86o and checked. Watch a 663 flop come. 5 ways, checked to BTN (Button from ^^^). Who bets 15, SB (who was SB^^^) calls. I make it 55, only BB calls. Here is where I butchered this hand. He gave some speech before calling with made it obvious he had a 6, or maybe 33. As soon as he called I was in shutdown mode. I was pretty much hoping to get to a cheap showdown (because I figured I was behind most kickers), however that was probably really dumb since this guy in pretty TAG and the only 6x hands he would limp the button are 64s-69s, A6s (maybe not even 69). Idk... maybe somebody can pokerstove it and see if I'm ahead/behind of that range. I probable am, ISAP.Anywho, turn is a J. I check out of turn (totally unintentional). He goes "Well I have to bet now." Only confirming my thoughts of him having a 6. He bets 75 I flat. River comes an 8 (Oh hi der). He bets 180. I have about 350 behind before the river. I think for a sec and ship, he snap calls. I show 86. He laughs and shows 86 also, lolz. I'm still not convinced I played it that well. Maybe smooth calling is the best option even against weaker 6s since even though I have a very loose image, this particular villain can fold to my big raises (since I usually don't make big river shoves like this with anything not huge). Later I get Kd9x in MP, folds to me I raise to 12 and get 4 callers. Flop comes Ad9d6d. Checked to button who bets 25, SB (her husband calls), I call. Turn Jx. Checked to her again and she bets 50, husband calls and I pop it to 170 I believe. Lady tank calls with only 110 behind, husband folds. River bricks, I check since I have no FE and she shows AxJd. No biggie, just ran into the top of her range there really since from what I've seen she would never bet that small on flop/turn with a set/flush. With her it had been closer to PSBs with strong holdings. The LOL came after the hand when the husband was like 'Oh good call. Good thing you had that Jd or you probably can't call." Her response, "Yeah, it was nice to have that as backup." So in case her top two was no good (when the only hand here I'm repping is really a K hi flush or just the Kd) it's good to have that 3rd (one card) nut flush draw. Good to know... lolz. Then the most massive dump truck ever came. This woman sees 80% of flops, and if she calls the flop she is calling down to the river. She rarely bets too even if she makes nut straight/non-nut flush because "I was worried you have (insert the ONE hand that beats her here). She supplied $3100 to the game last night. What's funny is most of the time it's 100 or 200 buyins. She gets 'really mad' and throws out a 300/500 sometimes. At one point she was sitting on 1k (only cause some idiot dumped 500 to her trying to bluff her like three times), because she had so much a guy that had busted (who was in for 2k - and lost that - before this) bought back in for 500 in an attempt to get it back. We we 5 handed (with about 5k on the table) and so many pots were just one of the 4 other people trying to take stacks from her. The guy that re bought ended up taking 600 off her with AA > JT T5656. I took her last 300 or so when I raised to button with A7, got two calls. Bet the K75 flop, turn 7 we get her last 160 in. she has 74 I hold. She said she was done (does this all the time), but once we discovered she was serious this time we all quit. It was after 5am and the only reason we all kept playing was because of her. Ended up cashing out $1070, but lost $70 due to 7-card no peak (which I went 0-4 in, wtf.. fml!)

RL is so overrated at the micros imo. no one folds
I'm not expecting a rocket ship RL but mine has been a bit diabolical lately. Something a bit near horizontal would be better.
I'm not expecting a rocket ship RL but mine has been a bit diabolical lately. Something a bit near horizontal would be better.
I don't know if it's possible. my winrate at 25nl deep would've been like 483248284bb/100 had I not even bothered bluffing past the turntough to just dump a BI that gets looked up by one perrrrrrrrr

Eddie you mean flatting the river w/86? No way...easy, easy ship. If you read him as 33 or 6x before, then you're only losing to the very unlikely J8. Hopefully I just misread your post, because doing anything but raising that river is so criminal that whoever flats should be outlawed from playing poker anywhere on the Continental US (you can still go to Eastern Europe, because they're all slowrollers and aggrotards). I think you played it fine earlier if you want to c/r the flop. it's the type of hand that, no matter what you do, you're going to inevitably rep exactly what you have, 6x+. Raising the flop 5-handed: you have a 6. Waiting to raise the turn, you have a 6. Personally I lead the flop to try and prevent this, but even then, people are going to know that I could have any two cards as a straddle and that, if I keep applying pressure, I have a six at least.

I don't know if it's possible. my winrate at 25nl deep would've been like 483248284bb/100 had I not even bothered bluffing past the turntough to just dump a BI that gets looked up by one perrrrrrrrr
My redline when I played 25nl on Stars this year:http://vvcap.net/db/6hzGViIhddXxlMHO3po9.pngMy redline at 4nl on Merge:http://vvcap.net/db/tkZUAI4h5T7dNO1NMgl0.pngI don't really try to have a positive redline, it just sorta happens. I definitely don't triple barrel as often as I did on Stars, so I am a little surprised at my redline at 4nl.The biggest things are knowing which flops to cbet and which turns to barrel. Like if you cbet A 8 4, and the turn is a 2 for example, it's probably better that you don't barrel without a really good read. Chances are you check back the turn, he'll bet the river, and you'll fold. No big deal. If he also checks the river, just bet it, because they're folding almost always. At least that's my experience.
Merge is finally giving me rakeback;more play money to win and never see!!!!!
Wooo! Who'd you get rakeback with?I'm not overly concerned about the $100 or so I have in my account. I'll only get worried if I win enough to be playing small to mid stakes. For right now though, I just love to play and learn.
Eddie you mean flatting the river w/86? No way...easy, easy ship. If you read him as 33 or 6x before, then you're only losing to the very unlikely J8. Hopefully I just misread your post, because doing anything but raising that river is so criminal that whoever flats should be outlawed from playing poker anywhere on the Continental US (you can still go to Eastern Europe, because they're all slowrollers and aggrotards). I think you played it fine earlier if you want to c/r the flop. it's the type of hand that, no matter what you do, you're going to inevitably rep exactly what you have, 6x+. Raising the flop 5-handed: you have a 6. Waiting to raise the turn, you have a 6. Personally I lead the flop to try and prevent this, but even then, people are going to know that I could have any two cards as a straddle and that, if I keep applying pressure, I have a six at least.
Maybe I missed typed. I'm never not shipping the river. Where I think I screwed up was I played it cautiously because I put my opponent on 6x/33, and though "Well an 8 isn't a good kicker, a lot of his range beats me." When instead I should realized that he probably doesn't limp hands like T6-K6 OTB, so I'm probably actually ahead of his range and should try to get it in on the turn.

Who knows what people limp OTB? Q6s, hell, they can limp almost anything in a live game with the pot already straddled and juiced. I don't know; if you c/r on the turn, prepared to get it in, it's marginal and I suspect when you're called you lose more often than you win. It's one of those hands that I don't think is worth stressing over.

Who knows what people limp OTB? Q6s, hell, they can limp almost anything in a live game with the pot already straddled and juiced. I don't know; if you c/r on the turn, prepared to get it in, it's marginal and I suspect when you're called you lose more often than you win. It's one of those hands that I don't think is worth stressing over.
Okie dokie.
Wooo! Who'd you get rakeback with?I'm not overly concerned about the $100 or so I have in my account. I'll only get worried if I win enough to be playing small to mid stakes. For right now though, I just love to play and learn.
RakebrainYeah, it's really great to still be playing and stay sharp and keep learning

I wish I had the roll to buy in deep at the deep tables on stars. You get to see some real magic from time to time. feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 ante $0.02 - 7 playersUTG+1: $30.48 HJ: $10.00 CO: $25.48 Button: $10.96 SB: $19.36 BB: $19.84 UTG: $10.95 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.29) Hero is UTG with :4h:D (7 players)Hero folds, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Button folds, SB calls $0.35, BB raises to $1, CO calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60Flop: ($3.14) :qh:D:3h (3 players)SB checks, BB bets $2.60, CO calls $2.60, SB foldsTurn: ($8.34) :jh (2 players)BB bets $3, CO raises to $8.10, BB calls $5.10River: ($24.54) :ts (2 players)BB checks, CO bets $13.76 and is all-in, BB calls $8.12 and is all-inCO showed :D:5c, and won ($38.81) with a straight, Three to SevenBB showed :D:club:, and lost with a pair of AcesCO won $38.81(Rake: $1.97)