New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Thanks QED. I can always count on you to come through; in my moments of weakness I reflect on your wisdom.
Thank stars they make it easy game.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

got absolutely destroyed today; hit my 4bi stop loss3b/5b 99 vs a 40/35 25% 3b and 4b monkey; he had AK and won that fliplost QQ to KK sb vs co vs a reg, so I think even at 10nl its standard as Ive tried to get away from getting QQ in pre vs most regs as they're too nittyspewed a stack early with A4 vs AJ where I 3b light and c.c flop and turn where I should fold the turn for sure and prob should fold flop as the villain had been very passive post-flop; despite a 65 vpipfolded KK pre-flop and was right (both villains had AA; I cold 4b and folded fml)had to bet fold tp on the turn a few times but I really enjoy my ability to be stuck and frustrated and find that fold buttonso meh, tough day (#firstworldproblems) its beautiful today tho so def gonna go get some fresh air. Might smash some golf balls or go hikingMerge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterSB: $7.94Hero (BB): $10UTG: $10MP: $10.15CO: $14.33BTN: $4.33Pre-Flop: Kclub.gif Kheartnormal.gif dealt to Hero (BB)2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, BTN raises to $0.60, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.10, CO raises to $13.48, BTN calls $2.88, Hero foldsFlop: ($9.11) 4spadenormal.gif 7diamond.gif 7spadenormal.gif (2 Players)Turn: ($9.11) 6diamond.gif (2 Players)River: ($9.11) Qheartnormal.gif (2 Players)Results: $9.11 Pot ($0.45 Rake)CO showed Aspadenormal.gif Adiamond.gif and WON $4.33 (+$0.85 NET)BTN showed Aclub.gif Aheartnormal.gif and WON $4.33 (+$0.85 NET)

I think I should have stacked this one off on the flop for max life tilt. feral_cow_icon.gifConverting hands till the cows come homeHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 7 playersUTG+1: $10.28 HJ: $1.74 CO: $2.30 Button: $5.05 SB: $2.32 BB: $5.07 UTG: $6.73 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with :5c:D (7 players)Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Button raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.35Flop: ($1.07) :qh:jh:ts (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.67, Hero calls $0.67Turn: ($2.41) :4h (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $1.55, Hero calls $1.55River: ($5.51) :D (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksHero showed :3h:D, Button showed :club::D, Button won $5.24

+$500 at 1/3 Friday night. Had a very interesting hand/situation happen.There's a limp, and I limp in with 43cc. Tight guy behind me makes it 25 and gets 4 callers so I call also. Flop is 3x5c6c. Checked to me, and before I act the tight pfr shoves allin for 150-ish. Do we lead here, or check? If somebody calls his shove do we flat or shove over the top?

+$500 at 1/3 Friday night. Had a very interesting hand/situation happen.There's a limp, and I limp in with 43cc. Tight guy behind me makes it 25 and gets 4 callers so I call also. Flop is 3x5c6c. Checked to me, and before I act the tight pfr shoves allin for 150-ish. Do we lead here, or check? If somebody calls his shove do we flat or shove over the top?
He's got a hand he's not folding... and I'm pretty sure his action is binding... not much sense in leading (for more than $75 anyhow) since all you do is take away options from yourself. I'd probably check-iso shove.

One of the biggest things I hate about how live poker...Showdown between two players.Player A turns over the nuts.Player B looks down at his hand, then over at Player A's hand, and then at the board. This goes on about 3 or 4 more times. Finally, he folds.GRRRRR!!!

One of the biggest many many things I hate about live poker...Showdown between two players.Player A turns over the nuts.Player B looks down at his hand, then over at Player A's hand, and then at the board. This goes on about 3 or 4 more times. Finally, he folds.GRRRRR!!!
FYP
One of the biggest things I hate about how live poker...Showdown between two players.Player A turns over the nuts.Player B looks down at his hand, then over at Player A's hand, and then at the board. This goes on about 3 or 4 more times. Finally, he folds.GRRRRR!!!
It is obvious that Player B is on another level. They are balancing their slow rolling range.
He's got a hand he's not folding... and I'm pretty sure his action is binding... not much sense in leading (for more than $75 anyhow) since all you do is take away options from yourself. I'd probably check-iso shove.
Sign, I sux0rs. It was ruled his action would be binding if I checked. I opted to lead for 80. He mucked and I got 1 called. 3x turn went c/c. Same with Qx river. Villain had J8cc. Sigh.

All my US poker peoples,Going to Showboat in AC Sept 27th to see Rise against. Harrahs doing a promo where they are giving away 2 free rooms in Sept to ANY Total rewards member (Sun - Thurs) so I will be staying at least that night. Not sure if money will be in a good place by then to play some LOL live but will see. Just thought I'd spread the news about the promo to anyone in the AC area who might wanna hang with the crazy e-Ninja.As an aside / standard bitching.Reason money might be bad (besides FT hating me) is I'm pretty underpaid ATM doing $40-$50 an hr work for $12 a book hour, but since I have a cap but need to work more hours than that to superman that ish done. Sigh life. Anybody know somewhere that needs freelance Django/J2EE developers? :club: On paper i only look mid level but I'm pretty 1337 in a ton of areas for being in my 20's.Also, i find it impossible to concentrate playing online now. I have a tendency to sit down and try to spiderman every hand. It's fun though, and loses slower than I'd expect.

August results:Just over 10bb/100 for 12k hands, so pretty good results. I feel less attached to results than ever right now. I just want to put in volume to keep getting better.10.png11.png13.png14.pngNL cash: $140LHE & PLO: $5Bonus: $15Online total: $160Lolive: $75Total: $235September goals:Crush schoolKeep getting lots of exercise and get outside a lot before the weather turns10k hands of nl and 2-5k of LHE and PLOKeep watching videos and get better everyday

August goals30k handsGet my roll up to 20 buy ins for 10NL and start playing that.
[x] 30k hands[x] Enough roll for 10NLGraph goes up, after a fashionAug11.jpgNot overly impressed with my graph or win rate this month. Being more proactive about switching round from made tables rather than just trying to profit from a table running super nitty which seemed to help a little. Thanks to the promo stars was running this month I made platinum star, hopefully combined with moving up to 10NL next month means I can earn some decent bonus money.TotalPoker: $32.35Bonus etc: $10= $42.35September goals30k handsWin some money consistantly.
September goals:Crush schoolKeep getting lots of exercise and get outside a lot before the weather turns10k hands of nl and 2-5k of LHE and PLOKeep watching videos and get better everydayIntentionally omit the fact that today is my birthday
FYPHBD

Sigh at today, Kepper but nice month. Solid grind.

Vn month James.
ty sir. Hows the live grind been? Have you been grinding online much?
FYPHBD
tytyshouldn't you be doing some homework for me. First part of that business plan is due Friday and it isn't going to write itself.I'm soooooooo old!!!!
I've gotten my ass handed to me the last 2 months, but I'm pretty much gonna gurillantee that I crush August. Like F it in the A so hard that October feels it.
Glad to have a winning month after the last 2. Made a ton of improvements in my game. My subscription to DC is over in 2 weeks, but I have a bunch of series downloaded still to watch, so I won't be renewing right away. Also started doing this little filter/leak finder thingy in PT3 at least once or twice a week now that's been helping me a lot, and makes reviewing hands less tedious for me.fRIFIc96-InWRVHzmaGH.pngAlso apparently, I had quads 28 times this month. That helps.

Online poker goals for September--------------------------------------[ ] Get the U.S. to stop being assholesLive poker goals for September (Current BR ~ $2500)------------------------------------[ ] Track my sessions (Hours played/results)[ ] Keep typing in hands to review later to get better[ ] +$1500[ ] Use my poker BR to pay for more poker-related expenses (Hotel rooms in Blackhawk, Food/drink when playing) in an effort to play semi-pro (Sounds cool, right!).[ ] 40 hours of play (Should be fairly easy since I can get 6+ hours/wk at 1/3. Just need to make a few trips to Blackhawk.)GL me!