New Challenge: Movin' On Up

well on the river you only have your equity vs a range (no 10-1 favs or dogs)but yes, pre-flop, on the flop or turn, you could do such a calculation

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Friday: Won $250 at 1/3. Most of which due to a nice hero call with TT on a KK258ddd board.Saturday: Lost an undetermined amount of money thanks to a speeding ticket. Last night: Won $260 at 1/2 @ Golden Gates. Lost $100 in a tourney (14th, 9 pay). Won $30 playing more 1/2 @ Ameristar.

Played poker online today... won a few bi playing 3 tables of nl and 1 table of ploMade quads twice, but this is my favorite hand...Merge, $0.02/$0.04 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterUTG: $4CO: $4.04BTN: $6.95Hero (SB): $4BB: $1.47Pre-Flop: 8clubnormal.gif 8spadenormal.gif dealt to Hero (SB)2 folds, BTN raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.12, BB foldsFlop: ($0.32) Theartnormal.gif 3clubnormal.gif 8diamondnormal.gif (2 Players)Hero checks, BTN bets $0.21, Hero raises to $0.62, BTN calls $0.41Turn: ($1.56) 3diamondnormal.gif (2 Players)Hero bets $1.08, BTN calls $1.08River: ($3.72) 5heartnormal.gif (2 Players)Hero raises to $2.16 and is All-In, BTN calls $2.16Results: $8.04 Pot ($0.40 Rake)BTN showed 2clubnormal.gif 2diamondnormal.gif and LOST (-$4 NET)Hero showed 8clubnormal.gif 8spadenormal.gif and WON $7.64 (+$3.66 NET)

I love a retweet I saw today that said

Celebrating "independence" seems pretty LOL this year considering if the British had won we would still have online poker
I still love the freedom and opportunities I have as an American, but it was funny
Independence Day is a joke
so is ploMerge, $0.02/$0.04 PL Omaha Cash Game, 6 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterSB: $7.61BB: $6.20UTG: $4.36MP: $3.42Hero (CO): $4BTN: $6.45Pre-Flop: 8clubnormal.gif 9diamondnormal.gif Aheartnormal.gif Jheartnormal.gif dealt to Hero (CO)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06Flop: ($0.22) 7diamondnormal.gif Theartnormal.gif 5spadenormal.gif (2 Players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20Turn: ($0.62) 2heartnormal.gif (2 Players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.62, BB calls $0.62River: ($1.86) 6spadenormal.gif (2 Players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.86, BB raises to $5.28 and is All-In, Hero calls $1.22 and is All-InResults: $8.02 Pot ($0.40 Rake)BB showed 9heartnormal.gif Tdiamondnormal.gif 4diamondnormal.gif 3clubnormal.gif and LOST (-$3.96 NET)Hero showed 8clubnormal.gif 9diamondnormal.gif Aheartnormal.gif Jheartnormal.gif and WON $7.62 (+$3.62 NET)
feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 8 playersUTG: $12.50 (Hero)UTG+1: $1.49 MP: $5.71 HJ: $10.80 CO: $2.78 Button: $5.48 SB: $7.28 BB: $4.98 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with Kd.gifAd.gif (8 players)Hero raises to $0.20, UTG+1 folds, MP calls $0.20, HJ folds, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15Flop: ($0.82) Th.gif2d.gifQd.gif (4 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO raises to $1.50, BB folds, Hero calls $1, MP calls $1Turn: ($5.32) 5s.gif (3 players)Hero checks, MP bets $0.05, CO raises to $1.08 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.08, MP calls $1.03River: ($8.56) Ks.gif (3 players)Hero checks, MP checksSo like, should i like jam somewhere?

James,Are there any videos on DC that focus on more of a hyper LAG style?I really love playing 40/30, but I would love it more if I could actually learn to do it well.

Yes!The thin red grind: ep two: Grindcore plays 4-tables of 50nl with a hyper loose-aggressive style.pr1nnyraiding season 1: ep 6 talks about crushing the hyper aggros... I'm sure krantz talks about how the hyper aggro guys could play better...glgl

These cash games require too much thinking :club: I tried a few today and yesterday because SNGs never run on RPM, but not gonna give up!
sweat sessions imo!!!hit me up on skype buddykingjames_kj
James,Are there any videos on DC that focus on more of a hyper LAG style?I really love playing 40/30, but I would love it more if I could actually learn to do it well.
also, improva plays a 50nl session blind with his hole cards covered just playing position and stuff... so it's all just your range vs opponents range etcso you can have that 40vpip and just figure out what they have and make them fold :club:

get stuck and grind more than 1/2 of what I did all last month in one night... ez gameno robusto but a decent end to the night winning some pots...I ran awful in all in pots so I feel good about that. I made some big mistakes in the middle of the huge downer at 1100-1600 hands; gotta knock that off9.png

Got a room comped at Ameristar (cause I'm kind of a big deal), headed up with the fiancee. Results..Craps -$150Blackjack -$20Other expenses -$501/2 unlimited +$500!All and all profited around $300 from the trip. Not a whole lot of interesting hands strat-wise. There were a couple interesting hands as far as entertainment value goes.8 players see a flop of KK3. Checked all around. Turn is a J. Seat 1 bets 6, Seat 2 raises to 16, Seat 9 flats, Seat 1 re-raises to 32, Seat 2 calls, Seat 9 call. River T (KK3JT). Seat 1 shoves for 70, Seat 2 calls pretty quickly. Seat 9 tanks, eventually folds 33.Seat 1 leans back and asks Seat 2 what he has. Seat 2 turns over KT. Seat 1 then turns over KJ LOLZ. Then the following convo ensues...Seat 2 - Why the **** did you ask to see my hand first?Seat 1 (who has an Indian accent) - Why must you use such language at me?Seat 2 - Because you just ****ing slowrolled me!Seat 1 - It's my right to see your handThat hand had Seat 1 sitting on $350, luckily karma kicked in and he went broke. Not long after...I wasn't paying attention to the first part of the hand (because I was texting a friend about ^^^^^^), I see a JhTh8hAc board. Seat 4 bets 40 into a 60ish pot. Seat 8 calls. River is the 5h. Seat 4 bets 40 again. As seat 8 is thinking, I see seat 4 motioning with his hands like he didn't like the river. So I figured he had a small flush. Seat 4 continues to say 'I know he has the Ace...'. He holds up his cards and because I'm in seat 3 I see he has K7hh. Seat 8 eventually calls and.....Seat 4 MUCKS HIS ****ING HAND. Without a doubt, the stupidest thing I have seen at a poker table. Seat 8 mucked too and I wanted to say something in hopes Seat 8 would show and tilt seat 4, but I decided not to. What's even funnier is that the guys wife was in seat 5 and he kept half coaching her even though she was playing pretty good ABC poker. After every hand she was involved in with a showdown, Seat 4 would explain how she did all this stuff wrong even though it was obviously just results oriented thinking. Like telling he she should've checked behind on a QT8x9 board heads up with AJ, she got check min-raised and lost to KJ. Just hilarious.