New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I take it ftp still hasnt paid out the U.S. players?So any of you guys have big plans for the July 4th long weekend?We are going camping and going to a fire works show for Canada Day (July 1).

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

glglAlso, a random life problem/question. When I load silverware into the dishwasher, I put the handle of the fork/spoon/knife up and the pointy/sharp/rounded end down in the silverware tray/whatev. I do this bc it's easier to get them out without touch the end that someone will eventually eat off of and you don't get stabbed by a fork. My roommates put them in randomly with a lot of the time the handle being down and pointy ends up... tilts me sooooooo bad and they think it's normal. Then I just unloaded my dishwasher at home and my mom started doing the same thing... she's not here right now so I can't ask her why but am I missing something?? I feel like it makes soooo much sense.Also, if you put only forks in one compartment, and knives in another and spoons in a third, it makes it easier to unload as there is no sorting... some ppl man, some ppl...Make me feel less crazy plz!!!

I do handle down (point knifes up)... I find they get cleaned better that way. I like the sorting of knifes, forks in different spaces so its easier to sort them. As far as touching the part that you eat with... When was the last time you washed the drawer or tray that you put your silverware? I'm sure it is dirtier than your hands.

glglAlso, a random life problem/question. When I load silverware into the dishwasher, I put the handle of the fork/spoon/knife up and the pointy/sharp/rounded end down in the silverware tray/whatev. I do this bc it's easier to get them out without touch the end that someone will eventually eat off of and you don't get stabbed by a fork. My roommates put them in randomly with a lot of the time the handle being down and pointy ends up... tilts me sooooooo bad and they think it's normal. Then I just unloaded my dishwasher at home and my mom started doing the same thing... she's not here right now so I can't ask her why but am I missing something?? I feel like it makes soooo much sense.Also, if you put only forks in one compartment, and knives in another and spoons in a third, it makes it easier to unload as there is no sorting... some ppl man, some ppl...Make me feel less crazy plz!!!
im the same as u.. i put any pointed end down and leave all handles up... but my wife is the complete opposite.. she puts all the handles down and leaves the ends of them up... we argue over it sometimes.. but when i do them, i do it my way and she does it her way... my argument with her is that if my son opened it somehow he might get hurt by a knife
im the same as u.. i put any pointed end down and leave all handles up... but my wife is the complete opposite.. she puts all the handles down and leaves the ends of them up... we argue over it sometimes.. but when i do them, i do it my way and she does it her way... my argument with her is that if my son opened it somehow he might get hurt by a knife
Called a life lessons for your son. Besides, isn't it the wife's job/duty to always keep an eye on the kids so we can watch sports and play poker!?
You aren't crazy... I lol'd at reading this because I went on a tyrade about it with my fiance yesterday because mother insists on putting her knives away BLADE UP.Stabbed myself right under the fingernail with a steak knife... for most occupations it's not a big deal but I ****ing type shit for a living
Called a life lessons for your son. Besides, isn't it the wife's job/duty to always keep an eye on the kids so we can watch sports and play poker!?
That statement won't go over well with our liberal readers... or my source of oral

June:Won online. Won live. Worked a lot on my game.Total of about $225. Ship it.Need to work on staying more relaxed and less FPS live though.July goals: 10k hands onlinePlay well live and remain patient (pay closer attn to the action too as I need to get better reads on unknowns)Keep up with the studying (lots of videos to catch up on and finish the PLO and MTT boooks)Keep enjoying summer: lots of golf, girls and hikinggraph in bbs:8.png

FWIW. I used to put the silverware handle up, but my fiancee told me doing it that way causes them to not get as clean for some reason. So we do them handle down. I don't get why it's a big deal. Oh, and more 1/3 lolive tonight. Vamooooo

June goals PROFITIron man
[?] profit [x] iron manSo maybe ftp has managed to go busto before I did, not a great month but I did actually make a really small profit thanks to bonuses. Ran a nice $78.87 under ev which did not help. June11.jpgI qualified for the max 6 month bonus but I don't think there was anyway I could have made the volume to clear it even if ftp didn't die. TotalPoker: -$114.16Rake back etc: $150.75= $36.59Hands 92.5k all at 10NLIt's going to be a case of wait and see with ftp, I still have a small amount on stars so going to try and grind that up in the mean time. July goalsprofit on stars

Put in my lowest monthly volume in terms of hours since last September. Only played 88.5 hours in June. In December, I played 182.5 hours...and have been averaging 125 hours/month since I returned to "pro" status. With Rush out of the picture, I only put in 33k hands of cash and maybe a couple thousand in tournaments. Between cash and tournaments, I did well enough to exceed my monthly monetary goal, so I'm happy with it...despite finishing $2400 below EV. :)I will probably play poker in July, though I approach it with some hesitation. The past 5 Julys, I've posted losing months.

It takes a very different approach to beat a live game then the online micros. I know that I often isolate too wide and bluff too much. Like online you can create dead money and the players will c.f a lot of flops and turns. Live they waited like 20 minutes to get a (in their eyes) playable hand, so they are less inclined to fold.Post a few hands you have played!

I will.But on an unrelated note; how do i figure out what pot odds i would need to make a call if i know that i'm a...10-to-1 dog 80% of the time3-to-1 favourite 10% of the time7.5-to-1 favourite 4% of the time10-to-1 favourite 6% of the timeI know it says it somewhere in on of my books but i can't find it. I just remember it being somewhere along the lines of (odds to win%) x (amount of times%) plus some other things.

10-to-1 dog 80% of the time3-to-1 favourite 10% of the time7.5-to-1 favourite 4% of the time10-to-1 favourite 6% of the time
I think you can just do a weighted average9% * .80 = .07275% * .1 = .07588% * .04 = .03591% * .06 = .055Add them up and it's .237 or 23.7%I could be way off though...