New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I meant at hand 95 where you're up a buy-in... call it a day;)I was always bad at stop-losses too. Like if I dropped a few bi in a short amount of time I'd tilt quit... look over some hands, try to get my head straight and then either grind again or take the day off (which I obv love to do)My worst days ever were days chasing losses where I would keep telling myself that I was due to cooler someone or just win a pot... then I'd play weak/tight/bad and just keep losing...I need to lose a few pots so I can put in some volume. I'm too good at poker and just grind 300 hands and quit up a few bi, fml

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Made an epic comeback from down almost $500 to a $75 profit at Ameristar 1/2nl last night.Got set<set the first hand I sat down to instantly drop $200. Then I spent a 2 hours or so getting raised on the river everytime. Finally I was down to like $60(in for $500) and decided to buy $200 more. Went on a serious tear. AA>QQ, straight>2 pair, even managed to lay down J9 on a 9978 board to 98. However the one hand I can thank my comeback on....Asian lady in seat 3 raises to 5. I call in CO with T8hh. Sb raises to 20, BB calls, Lady call, I call. Flop A97r. Sb shoved 54, bb calls, lady folds, I call. Turn 3. BB bets 75. I do the math, see there is about 320 in the middle, 75 to call gives me like 4.3-1. Plus BB has 200+ behind. So I call, and have to fight the urge to crawl under the table and blow the dealer when then 6d hits. BB bets $100, I raises to $200(damn you, $100 limit!). He calls with 77, SB had AQ. Also made a nice bluff again the BB in the previous hand an hour or so earlier. called a raise with KTcc to 12, 4 or 5 way flop. J98. PFR bets 35, I call and so do 2 more (including 77 guy, we will call him AA for Aggro Asian). Turn, blank. Checked to AA who bets 75. Folds to me and I make it 175 he folds AJ face up. I raised because his play just didn't seem strong. Unless he had QT, he wouldn't flat the flop with 3 people I don't think. Plus, I felt my line looked very strong and he wouldn't be able to call with at least 2 pair. wee live pokerz

gangstaI'm still jobless and summer school ends this week, so I'll likely be heading down to denver this weekend to work and play poker... let's hang out!!!!

I was once down to like $30 or $40 (from my initial and only $100 buy in, pre law change in FL when you could only buy in for $100).Went on a big heater, and cashed out for a little over $900Fun times.

I'd totally be down, James! If you'll be in town Friday night and you're down for pokerz the 1/3 game I play runs that night and it's off I-225 and Mississippi. It's not as soft as Blackhawk (honestly, what is?) but it's closer and bigger limits.

I'd totally be down, James! If you'll be in town Friday night and you're down for pokerz the 1/3 game I play runs that night and it's off I-225 and Mississippi. It's not as soft as Blackhawk (honestly, what is?) but it's closer and bigger limits.
Yeah, and if you are around Sunday there is an awesome .25/.50/1 NLH and NLO8 that I will likely go to. It's at 225 and Parker area. It also runs Tuesdays and Friday nights. Horrible middle-aged dudes who play every hand in omaha and most hands in holdem.#young'nsonthegrind
I was once down to like $30 or $40 (from my initial and only $100 buy in, pre law change in FL when you could only buy in for $100).Went on a big heater, and cashed out for a little over $900Fun times.
TIL that SJ is from Florida.

SJs story reminded me off this from my 1/3 game (back when it was 1/2).Got a bunch of my chips in with AK on a KTxx board. My opponent didn't know I hand $4 left so he turned his hand over(TT). I was drawing dead and just mucked. Next hand. Straddled for my last $4 dark. Ended up making a flush and was up to $20. Next hand in BB, flopped TP shoved, got two calls and won. Up to $60.Double again AQ v 99, $125ish. Double again AK>AT on AxTKx. $260. Then on a 654 I got into a 3-way raising war with 64. I shoved, guy behind me insta re-shoves. 3rd guy tanks before folding 32 face up. Other guy showed 54. weeeeeeeeee.Cashed out $600.

SJs story reminded me off this from my 1/3 game (back when it was 1/2).Got a bunch of my chips in with AK on a KTxx board. My opponent didn't know I hand $4 left so he turned his hand over(TT). I was drawing dead and just mucked. Next hand. Straddled for my last $4 dark. Ended up making a flush and was up to $20. Next hand in BB, flopped TP shoved, got two calls and won. Up to $60.Double again AQ v 99, $125ish. Double again AK>AT on AxTKx. $260. Then on a 654 I got into a 3-way raising war with 64. I shoved, guy behind me insta re-shoves. 3rd guy tanks before folding 32 face up. Other guy showed 54. weeeeeeeeee.Cashed out $600.
Epic

Play money huplo vs dlingdling so we're taking it mostly serious.I had a feeling his 1/2 pot cbets were weak ish, plus there are a lot of cards I can turn to give me a gutter, oesd or flush draw, so c.c flop seemed best to meTurn lead seemed best as he'll check back at lot of the time, although I wish I had gone with 90River, I want to turn my hand into a bluff bc I have blockers, but he also reps almost nothing so I kind of want to hero call... thoughts??feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars Pot Limit Omaha t5/t10 - 2 playersButton: t2,000 BB: t1,717 (Hero)Preflop: (t15) Hero is BB with Qh.gifTs.gif6c.gifTh.gif (2 players)Button raises to t30, Hero calls t20Flop: (t60) 4d.gif9c.gif5h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t30, Hero calls t30Turn: (t120) Qd.gif (2 players)Hero bets t75, Button calls t75River: (t270) Kh.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t270,

Don't skip this hand :DThis guys is obv my heeeeeeeeeeerrrrooooooooooooooooo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-SyPEL-pAHe snap called the flop, so I though he had a flush draw a lot... turn overbets ftw??Merge Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersDeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterxCTKPx (UTG): $5.47Hero (MP): $4.88mrscruffy (CO): $4.00TheAlleyCat11 (BTN): $3.11lanhai366 (SB): $3.82DCRIceQueen (BB): $2.64Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is MP with K :5c K :D1 fold, Hero raises to $0.12, 1 fold, TheAlleyCat11 calls $0.12, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.30) K :club: 5 :ts 7 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $0.26, TheAlleyCat11 calls $0.26Turn: ($0.82) 4 :D(2 players)Hero bets $1.10, TheAlleyCat11 calls $1.10River: ($3.02) 5 :qh(2 players)Hero bets $1.97, TheAlleyCat11 calls $1.63 all inFinal Pot: $6.28Hero shows K :jh K :D (Full House - Kings over Fives)TheAlleyCat11 shows A :4h J :diamond:Hero wins $5.63Hero wins $0.34(Rake: $0.31)
tl;dr

Jamez!1/3 unlimited hold'em friday night? Game starts at 7:30. If you wanna play let me know. If you can be there at start text me asap and I can reserve you a seat.

Jamez!1/3 unlimited hold'em friday night? Game starts at 7:30. If you wanna play let me know. If you can be there at start text me asap and I can reserve you a seat.
Can't guarantee I'll play as I'm heading down to Denver tomorrow afternoonish and might go to the smaller game as my roll is pretty short... I will let you know tomorrow though
Can't guarantee I'll play as I'm heading down to Denver tomorrow afternoonish and might go to the smaller game as my roll is pretty short... I will let you know tomorrow though
Sounds good. You still have my digits, right?
Play money huplo vs dlingdling so we're taking it mostly serious.I had a feeling his 1/2 pot cbets were weak ish, plus there are a lot of cards I can turn to give me a gutter, oesd or flush draw, so c.c flop seemed best to meTurn lead seemed best as he'll check back at lot of the time, although I wish I had gone with 90River, I want to turn my hand into a bluff bc I have blockers, but he also reps almost nothing so I kind of want to hero call... thoughts??feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars Pot Limit Omaha t5/t10 - 2 playersButton: t2,000 BB: t1,717 (Hero)Preflop: (t15) Hero is BB with Qh.gifTs.gif6c.gifTh.gif (2 players)Button raises to t30, Hero calls t20Flop: (t60) 4d.gif9c.gif5h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t30, Hero calls t30Turn: (t120) Qd.gif (2 players)Hero bets t75, Button calls t75River: (t270) Kh.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t270,
I could definitely find a call here. Its pretty much missed fd, hit straights and air here. I think the straight may bet like 2/3rds since your line is more of a weak turn stab. I hero this more often that not...well when I was able to play plo of course!
More states have passed gay marriage then online poker this year James. :club:
the bill got introduced todayI like my chances tho... you can buy out :ts
James,I'm still in the red.Have you reached 8k hands? If so, can you post your graph just so I can see? I'll just go ahead and ship you the $10 tonight.
[ ] has reached 4k hands ;)I am not able to ship on merge it says that option isn't available at this time, but it hasn't been since I deposited. I imagine it's because player-to-player US transfers are being treated as money laundering by the DOJ.I can write you a check if I don't get some hands in the next few days (and thus have your address for stalkaments).