New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Hey guys....Well lets try this again... I'm back again hopefully for good. No more fricken hospitals for a while... So what is the cliff notes? Did the us players all get thier money from ftp?Kosin Trouble
Hey, glad to hear you're doing better.No FTP monies. Hope they die.Lolive pokerz tho.If you play any hands, post them or make a video, we can do sweat sessions.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Hey, glad to hear you're doing better.No FTP monies. Hope they die.Lolive pokerz tho.If you play any hands, post them or make a video, we can do sweat sessions.
Speaking of sweat sessions, what times are you generally online?
Speaking of sweat sessions, what times are you generally online?
well I used to spend all day in front of my computer between school work and poker... now I'm trying to do lots of other stuff like basketball and golfWhen do you normally play sessions? I am quite available so I'll try to get one AIM a bit more often and we can set up a time

I was playing only 4 tables last night, and was completely running over all of them, and had a few people on multiple tables, like the villain in this first hand. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($16.67)SB ($10.04)BB ($26)UTG ($48.85)MP ($25)Hero (CO) ($31.62)Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 :qh, 9 :club:1 fold, MP bets $0.63, Hero calls $0.63, Button raises to $1.01, 2 folds, MP calls $0.38, Hero calls $0.38Flop: ($3.38) 8 :club:, 8 :jh, 10 :D(3 players)MP bets $2.89, Hero calls $2.89, 1 foldTurn: ($9.16) 7 :5c(2 players)MP bets $4.80, Hero raises to $14.50,

1 fold, Total pot: $18.76 | Rake: $0.91Outcome: Hero won $17.85

I felt this was pretty standard, since I have most likely 10 outs, and hes folding a good chunk of the time here. However, since like I said I was running over my tables and kind of looked a bit like a maniac with how aggressive I was playing, I was worried about losing fold equity there. Basically, with a table image of a super-aggressive player, do these types of plays not work as well, or are they still totally standard. I don't think there was any other way to play this hand anyways (hope I'm not wrong and making myself look like an idiot) at least on the turn, but I would like to know in the future how much table image will affect people's fold equity, or if they are still reluctant to stack off with top pairs / overpairs in a spot like this.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($19.61)SB ($11.01)Hero (BB) ($56.01)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :3h, J :heart:Button calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero bets $1, Button calls $0.75Flop: ($2.10) 5 :ts, J :4h, A :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90Turn: ($3.90) 9 :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: ($3.90) K :D(2 players)Hero bets $1, Button raises to $8.30, Hero calls $7.30Total pot: $20.50 | Rake: $1

Button had Ad Kc (two pair, Aces and Kings).Hero mucked Ks Jh (two pair, Kings and Jacks).Outcome: Button won $19.50[/color]

I was really reluctant to make this call, but the only hands that beat me are a flush, QT, sets and AK. Now this player hadn't shown any signs of being aggressive, he was 33/8 over 150 or so hands with a 0.7 aggro factor, but like I said I was running over my tables and this guy had made a few tilt calldowns with air in the previous 10 hands, so I figured there was a good chance he would be tilting especially given the bet sizing, and we were 3 handed as well, but I was very uncertain about him and wasn't sure if he would be barreling his draws or not. Given that I had to call so much, against a passive player like this was this a mistake, or since he had shown some signs of being tilted, would it be a mistake to fold?

99, eh I'm torn. I believe this is a 3bet pre a lot. I'd make it like $1.75 ish. Post flop... I guess it's ok. I don't see the point of the turn raise. Due to your image he's never folding anything that beats you, and because of your draw it basically gaurantees all the money going in if you are behind. KJ, The river is a fold. So many things say it. People running 33/8 aren't going to bluff raise the river ever. Especially an over-raise like this. Also, people that tilt/call you with nothing are also not going to bluff the river. They will tilt call with Ace high all day long and only raise with the nuts (or close to) because "He's such a maniac donk I'll wait till I have the nuts than over raise and he will pay me off! BWAHAHAHAHA!"General rule of thumb - Overbets on the river are almost always the nuts or close to it. Unless you have a read that villain has been know to bluff the river that way you need to find a fold A LOT. Even occasionally with the 3rd and 4th nut type hand. This is 10x as true for over-raises.

99 hand - You have way too much showdown value to be turning your hand into a bluff here on the turn. If you think he's bluffing enough, then I'd prefer to just call the turn, and then call most rivers. His turn sizing pretty much tells you he doesn't have a big hand that he's willing to stack off with.KJ hand - Against a 33/8, I'm probably cbetting the flop rather than checking. Yes, he's calling with all his Ax hands that beat you, but he's also calling with flush draws and hands like 5x, Jx, etc. Plenty of value to be had. On the river, you make two pair which is definitely worth a value bet. Your thoughts on his range that beats you is good, but lacking. He's always playing Ax hands, so he'll also have A5, AJ, A9, as well as AK that you mentioned. Against someone who is playing 33/8, the river should be an auto bet/fold. Last thing, I would def. bet way bigger on the river, something like $2.50-$2.75

Yeah, I missed the river bet on the KJ hand. If he has been tilt-calling the river light, why only bet 1/4 the pot? Value value value!

Yeah, I missed the river bet on the KJ hand. If he has been tilt-calling the river light, why only bet 1/4 the pot? Value value value!
Well, I was thinking (incorrectly I suppose) that he would be more likely to make some weird raise there with a random ace or something. I got a bit more than I bargained for, though :club:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackferal cow can't handle the lockpoker hh's but I have a graph.... 4nl 6max like whoa... on my laptop so I just 2 tabled for like 40 minutes, but it felt great to click buttons! 200% deposit bonus and 35% rakeback; vamooooooooooomovin' on up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11Picture1-53.png

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackferal cow can't hand the lockpoker hh's but I have a graph.... 4nl 6max like whoa... on my laptop so I just 2 tabled for like 40 minutes, but it felt great to click buttons! 200% deposit bonus and 35% rakeback; vamooooooooooomovin' on up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11Picture1-53.png
Wow, isn't that the most hands you've ever played in a day!Welcome back, degen.
Wow, isn't that the most hands you've ever played in a day!Welcome back, degen.
I'm at home for the holiday weekend, only on my 13" laptop screen.Stop hating, hater.TempNinja, PM me your sn?? Also, how many tables do they allow?

Oh how I missed you online pokerz! Thoughts on my line tho? If he bombs turn, I was thinking of folding bc I think his flop calling range has a good amount of pair + J hands, and maybe even a few better two pairs that he turns... I dunno thoMerge Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/1326291The DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $7.40UTG: $4.48Hero (CO): $5.15BTN: $3.66SB: $4.12Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is CO with Ks.gifTd.gif 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.30) Ts.gifKc.gifQd.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.26, BTN calls $0.26Turn: ($0.82) As.gif (2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08River: ($0.98) Th.gif (2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $0.32, Hero raises to $4.69 all in, BTN calls $2.88 all inBTN mucks; Ad.gif8h.gif

James, how'd you get DC to convert your hand? I can't seem to get their converter to work on my HHs
I dunno. feral cow wouldn't convert the poker copilot HH... Not sure if Jonas will fix it either :(So I just put it in at DC and used "plain text" output.Then I manually entered the feral cow card graphics...Thoughts on my hand, tho??!!???

Well I think I really need to stay away from playing live until I can scrap together a proper BR.I just find myself playing way too passive.I did play yesterday, and lost, but had a pretty awesome hand at one point.I complete SB with 98o after 4 or 5 limpers.Flop is 10 6 7 rainbow. All the action leads to a 4 way all in. Me and another play both have 98, and the two other players each have top and middle set.The straights hold up, and I end up chopping a pretty big pot.

Well I think I really need to stay away from playing live until I can scrap together a proper BR.I just find myself playing way too passive.I did play yesterday, and lost, but had a pretty awesome hand at one point.I complete SB with 98o after 4 or 5 limpers.Flop is 10 6 7 rainbow. All the action leads to a 4 way all in. Me and another play both have 98, and the two other players each have top and middle set.The straights hold up, and I end up chopping a pretty big pot.
oh babylast night at a home game I double floated and shoved over a river bet vs a rivered flush... didn't think he donked flush draws multiway :/Then a few hands later I lost with the black aces on T84sss to J3ssIt was lame but overall a very good weekend

I also folded a (split) winner.I had teh QJo in the co.There is a straddle and a small raise. I flat co. We go 6 way to the flop for $2.5 each.K88hhIt checks to the river after running outAsThSo I have that nut straight and 2nd to last to act.Pot is $15, 2 checks, one of the limpers bets $11, high jack who made the small raise pre calls...btn is cutting chips (either a call or raise i dunno), so I tank/fold and cry as btn called with QJo as well and beat the limpers AX and hj's ATfml for being so bad at poker and live hand histories...

So great!!! I think he's trying to get me off of diamonds... thoughts?Merge Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 4 playersDeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterBB: $2.88Hero (CO): $4.32BTN: $4.00SB: $2.68Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is CO with Ks.gifKd.gifHero raises to $0.14, BTN calls $0.14, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.34) 7d.gif6d.gif7c.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.24, BTN calls $0.24Turn: ($0.82) Jh.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.64, BTN calls $0.64River: ($2.10) Kh.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.24, BTN raises to $2.98 all in, Hero calls $1.74Final Pot: $8.06Hero shows Ks.gifKd.gif (Full House - Kings over Sevens)BTN shows Js.gif9s.gifHero wins $7.66(Rake: $0.40)

STRAT HAND!!!!!I am really bad in these spots. I honestly don't even know what variables to consider when deciding river action.Villain is 51/50/2AF over 18 hands. 0 fold to cbet. If I remember correctly tho this was only the 3rd hand I had vs villain so it's mostly just readless.My reasons for checking would be that the draws missed, making him more likely to call with 88, 7x etc perhaps. Also, the 9 pairs and a lot of his c/c twice range will be flopped top pair.My reasons for betting would be to move him off of AXdd, 7x (I put 7x in both ranges as I dont know what a random fish does here with a 7), and worse pairs. And I want to win the pot :qh Also, if we do bluff the river, what kind of sizing is best? $1.20?Merge Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersDeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterCO: $2.48Hero (BTN): $4.00SB: $6.92BB: $9.89UTG: $7.02MP: $7.51Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BTN with T :club: Q :ts3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.08, 1 foldFlop: ($0.24) 3 :4h 9 :5c 7 :jh(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20Turn: ($0.64) K :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50River: ($1.64) 9 :3h(2 players)SB checks,

TempNinja, PM me your sn?? Also, how many tables do they allow?
No need to keep my sn a secret. I have like, a job now... grinding is no longer teh serious, which is the way I like it.Sn on lock: shartedmyselfAs far as # of tables, dunno, i had no problem loading 8. You're really gonna find yourself limited by traffic though.