New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Hope you guys don't mind if I use HEM hand histories since I don't know how to convert those to FCP, and I don't want to go through my HHs to find every hand.Folding to Check RaisesAlthough I have been check raised by hands like QTo on a Queen or Ten high flop, against a relatively solid opponent (or passive fish), I almost always fold anything less than 2pair/sets to check raises, unless I'm against a maniachttp://www.holdemmanager.netNL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars Game#62475832530poleno2011 ($11.52)joshil3 ($25)ehunt36 ($25)Nomnom79 ($12.38)Hero ($25)Serega011976 ($25)poleno2011 posts (SB) $0.10joshil3 posts (BB) $0.25Dealt to Hero :club::D fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75Serega011976 calls $0.75fold, joshil3 calls $0.50FLOP ($2.35) :club: :club: :3h joshil3 checksHero bets $1.25Serega011976 calls $1.25joshil3 calls $1.25TURN ($6.10) :ts:club::qh:5c joshil3 checksHero bets $3.75Serega011976 foldsjoshil3 raises to $9Hero foldsjoshil3 wins $12.94Is that okay to fold there?http://www.holdemmanager.netNL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars Game#62477145468Serega011976 ($29.61)flarot ($10)joshil3 ($41.01)ehunt36 ($25)Hrzmies ($30.07)Hero ($28.37)Serega011976 posts (SB) $0.10flarot posts (BB) $0.25Dealt to Hero :qc:D fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75fold, flarot calls $0.50FLOP ($1.60) :(:jh:club: flarot checksHero bets $1flarot calls $1TURN ($3.60) :(:D:ts:3h flarot checksHero bets $2flarot raises to $5Hero raises to $9.75flarot calls $3.25 (AI)RIVER ($20.10) :club::D:4h:qh:7s Hero shows :3d:D (Pre 64%, Flop 8.9%, Turn 4.5%)

flarot shows 5h 6d (Pre 36%, Flop 91.1%, Turn 95.5%)flarot wins $19.11

I got it in because he was short anyways, and he could easily have something else, I would only be really concerned 100BB deep, but if we were 100BB or so deep, what would I do in this spot?http://www.holdemmanager.netNL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars Game#62478217685Hero ($52)pancu-iasi ($25.24)MrMadJimmy ($31.27)DemonRax ($31.62)Gergra ($26.60)Serega011976 ($32.78)Hero posts (SB) $0.10pancu-iasi posts (BB) $0.25Dealt to Hero :D:4h fold, DemonRax raises to $1Gergra calls $1Serega011976 calls $1Hero raises to $4.25fold, fold, fold, Serega011976 calls $3.25FLOP ($10.75) :D:jh:club: Hero bets $5.50

Serega011976 foldsHero shows :D:5c Hero wins $10.22

Okay? Or spewy? I wasn't so happy with this, but Gergra was the only really loose player, everyone else was playing pretty tight and folding to most 3bets, once he folded I was pretty happy. Also, Sizing? I never know how big to 3bet with more than 1 person in the pot.Thanks for the input, and don't forget about the hand I posted just before this post! :club: But yeah, sorry if it's bad etiquette to post non-converted hand histories with people's names in them and stuff D:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton: $32.18 (Hero)SB: $21.72 BB: $36.98 UTG: $25.00 UTG+1: $30.81 CO: $33.74 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with :5c:3h (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2, BB folds, Hero calls $1.25Flop: ($4.25) :qh:club::ts (2 players)SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50Turn: ($9.25) :4h (2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($9.25) :jh (2 players)SB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

Hero mucked As JcSB showed 7h 7s, and won ($19.26) with three of a kind, SevensSB won $19.26

(Rake: $0.99)Villain is 20/17 with 25% 3bet over a very very small sample size of 30 hands, felt AJ with position was solid enough, and that calling on the flop was absolutely necessary. When he checked the turn, I was pretty sure I had him beat, but, thought checking behind was the best option here so I don't get raised, or have some huge pot on the river where I won't know where I'm at. How should I have played it?

Pretty sure you don't post this and ask how to play it if the guy shows up with a worse hand/air here.
Pretty sure you don't post this and ask how to play it if the guy shows up with a worse hand/air here.
Pretty sure you're wrong because I always post hands like this to a few friends, I just haven't posted on FCP lately. I am totally uncomfortable playing 3bet pots with TP Jack or Queen Kicker because I have no idea what to do with them. If he bet and I called and he had some random hand, I would wonder if I should have bet the turn instead if it were a hand I could get some value from.So please, answer the question instead of criticizing something that not only doesn't matter, but you're not even right about.
I am totally uncomfortable playing 3bet pots with TP Jack or Queen Kicker because I have no idea what to do with them.
Then don't play them until you feel more comfortable?I'm not comfortable calling 3 streets w/ 23o on an AQJ97, so I don't.
Then don't play them until you feel more comfortable?I'm not comfortable calling 3 streets w/ 23o on an AQJ97, so I don't.
Hmm, you're right, totally same situation.I'm not comfortable cause I'm not sure if its a bad thing to do or not. I'm uncomfortable due to uncertainty, which is why I'm posting it. That is why we're here, isn't it? Well, at least why most of us here, I suppose some are here to criticize and belittle others.
Stop being a tool. I think the AJ was played fine and even if villain shows up with air it's a good hand to post. If somebody doesn't feel comfortable with a certain scenario, telling them to avoid it is terrible advice. Do you think Rawr is just going to magically learn how to deal with that situation? Again, stop being a tool.As for the rest, Rawr.JJ - I like it. I think unless you have a note on villain that he is super aggro and will float the flop a lot you beat absolutely nothing here. The fold is standard. AK - Again, fine. This will be AQ/AJ/AcXc a lot. Plus villain's stack size makes it almost impossible to fold. Folding to the turn raise is pretty bad because you're ahead a lot, and if you don't fold the turn you sure as hell aren't folding the river for $4 more. 54hh - Ehhhh... I think this is a bit of FPS coming out here. If you were on the button I woudn't hate it as much. I just don't think a squeeze like this is very good OOP. Maybe a bit bigger on the flop bet too, like the $6.50 range. I also don't like the show. Did I mention in my post that Danege needs to stop being a gigantic tool box.
Stop being a tool. I think the AJ was played fine and even if villain shows up with air it's a good hand to post. If somebody doesn't feel comfortable with a certain scenario, telling them to avoid it is terrible advice. Do you think Rawr is just going to magically learn how to deal with that situation? Again, stop being a tool.As for the rest, Rawr.JJ - I like it. I think unless you have a note on villain that he is super aggro and will float the flop a lot you beat absolutely nothing here. The fold is standard. AK - Again, fine. This will be AQ/AJ/AcXc a lot. Plus villain's stack size makes it almost impossible to fold. Folding to the turn raise is pretty bad because you're ahead a lot, and if you don't fold the turn you sure as hell aren't folding the river for $4 more. 54hh - Ehhhh... I think this is a bit of FPS coming out here. If you were on the button I woudn't hate it as much. I just don't think a squeeze like this is very good OOP. Maybe a bit bigger on the flop bet too, like the $6.50 range. I also don't like the show. Did I mention in my post that Danege needs to stop being a gigantic tool box.
I didn't show any hands, I always muck. Weird :/Anyways thanks for the advice :club:

Really wasn't trying to troll. Sorry if you took it that way.What I mean is you should be avoiding uncomfortable situations where possible. It will be a big boost to your winrate imo.For example, most people start out as a TAG and with experience move towards more LAG play. This is because as they play more and more hands they start expanding their ranges because they are getting used to more marginal situations. It's a natural As to the hand, answer these questions to yourself and see what you come up with. What happens on the flop if you flat/raise, what hands call, what hands jam, what hands give up? Same deal with the turn and river. Think about the range you're value betting against, think about the range you want him to bluff with. Do you want to get to showdown cheaply? Why? Do you want to get stacks in here? Think about your various options on all streets here.I still think you wouldn't have posted this if the guy showed up with some random hand that you beat, but I may be wrong.XXXEddie, do you think it's a good idea for him to get himself into uncomfortable situations? Not sure why it's bad telling him not to. I think he should be theorizing about hypothetical situations and how to handle them before he starts getting himself into them. Not be on the river in a 500bb pot just going WTF DO I DO??????

AJ- Thoughts on 4b/calling pre? I also don't mind a fold pre if we're going to be very uncomfortable when we flop tp. As played I crying call river 100% and make a noteJJ- I like the play and agree with eddieAK- I bet the flop larger, $1.25 at least and prob even $1.50 as he's likely not folding to the first bet with middle pps, hearts and of course worse AX hands.54- kinda spewy pre-flop but most of his range to call and call the 3b is going to be pocket pairs and a few AXs hands, so it's a good flop to move him off of 77 :DAlso, rawr, if you would be interested in recording a session I would gladly review it.

James stop ducking me here and on FB. GPA bet.
We're not fb official yet :club: When I type in mike trystero nothing comes up...add me so i can creep your gf's pics
It's not nice to talk about adding friends on FaceBook and leave the rest of us out!
your name isn't even eddiebut yeah, pm me your name if you'd like for me to add you and creep on pics of your gf, too

Anybody know a way I can deposit into one of the open rooms via Mastercard? My bank changed over from visa right before black friday... didn't think it was a problem until just now.

What do I do against people donking out against me? I mean, even when I have a hand like top pair, it's not a spot I'm necessarily happy with unless he has a history of doing it, and it seems to happen quite often. I mean, obviously you deal with them in different ways depending on the situation, but when I'm at a new table and some guy is just donking into me, how should I see it in a vacuum?

What do I do against people donking out against me? I mean, even when I have a hand like top pair, it's not a spot I'm necessarily happy with unless he has a history of doing it, and it seems to happen quite often. I mean, obviously you deal with them in different ways depending on the situation, but when I'm at a new table and some guy is just donking into me, how should I see it in a vacuum?
Raise the donkbet until you figure out otherwise.
pussy
gg, but well played
Raise the donkbet until you figure out otherwise.
Yeah, especially if you have air or a draw or something. With tp, based on texture and villain, it's a decent spot to call, call, evaluate river. But 3 donks is quite polarizing tho, so bluff catchers gotta bluff catch
No poker today, serious sweat on the CL final instead.
pretty excited... I just want messi to do some filthy stuff
pretty excited... I just want messi to do some filthy stuff
Ban.United till I die. etc.
Ban.United till I die. etc.
haha... I have a hatred for rooney and those english blokes after the world cup last summer plus I still am angry at king george and taxation without representation, obvI do like aston martins thocliffs notes: hud england, barca ftw

Hey guys....Well lets try this again... I'm back again hopefully for good. No more fricken hospitals for a while... So what is the cliff notes? Did the us players all get thier money from ftp?Kosin Trouble