New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Won about 2.5 buy ins tonight playing 1/2 NLObv. I no longer need the online pokerz
herocan you go a little into your lolive 200nl strat plz?like what hands are you calling with IP, limping behind, 3betting, etc? And then is your post-flop strat more straight forward or do you still try to be creative (read: spewy)?
herocan you go a little into your lolive 200nl strat plz?like what hands are you calling with IP, limping behind, 3betting, etc? And then is your post-flop strat more straight forward or do you still try to be creative (read: spewy)?
Well first instead of qualifying by a player's stats as shown on your HUD, live you qualify by how much and what a player is drinking.Well the button who is playing 6-Draft Beers opened for 8 times the BB, etc.
Sure. I'd say I'm somewhat nitty in live poker, and I think a lot of that is a combination of not having the roll for the game (ie. just taking shots), and there not really being a need to do anything other than play ABC poker against the majority of players in the game.I'll limp behind a lot in late posistion with some speculative hands. I tend to not try to isolate too lightly against the limpers since they rarely fold, and I'll need a good hand to continue against most players.I 3bet more for value since most live 200nl players aren't stealing light enough.My post flop strat is definitely more straight forward, but I'll pull off some bluffs every now and then against the right opponent.
Well first instead of qualifying by a player's stats as shown on your HUD, live you qualify by how much and what a player is drinking.Well the button who is playing 6-Draft Beers opened for 8 times the BB, etc.
:club:
Sure. I'd say I'm somewhat nitty in live poker, and I think a lot of that is a combination of not having the roll for the game (ie. just taking shots), and there not really being a need to do anything other than play ABC poker against the majority of players in the game.I'll limp behind a lot in late posistion with some speculative hands. I tend to not try to isolate too lightly against the limpers since they rarely fold, and I'll need a good hand to continue against most players.I 3bet more for value since most live 200nl players aren't stealing light enough.My post flop strat is definitely more straight forward, but I'll pull off some bluffs every now and then against the right opponent.
Yeah, cool stuff. It'd be cool to still have some hands posted, so if you play any interesting hands, you should share!
:DYeah, cool stuff. It'd be cool to still have some hands posted, so if you play any interesting hands, you should share!
The stuff you learned from online poker very easily applies to live. You just got to know why you are adjusting. People rarely fold to 3bets, so you depolarize your range. People draw too often so you value bet more thin. Regs play more face up abc so you hand read more effectively. I had a cool hand that sums up the reg part. Playing 2/4 at crown, I raise A9s in middle posistion to 15, only caller is a reg (calling him a reg because he has a clue) in SB. Flop is 235 two tone, I have no suit so I check through flop.Turn is 3x. He checks and I put out a bet of 15 to mainly fold out his high card pair outs since I dont think he is bluffing river enough compared to how often he is value betting a rivered pair. He c/r to 40 . Now I am thinking he would just lead out turn if he had a hand like 3x or FH since he is playing ABC and he would c/c the rest. So he is representing nothing and just trying to move me off a capped range since I didn't bet flop. I call River is 8x , he bets 75 and I call. He has QJs Having a good knowledge of the psychology behind some lines and bet sizing will definitely give you a big upper hand.The following hand is a good example, A reg raises from early posiston to 18-20. Him doing this means he probably has a high pocket pair since he was opening smaller. He gets 3 calls from fish and the BB tags along. BB was a thinking player but way too loose. He was really selling his "I'm drunk and crazy" angle but seemed to mostly be making good decisions with a wide range post flop. Anyway flop comes 337hh, BB checks and Reg cbets pretty big, the fish fold and it gets back the BB. BB calls. Turn comes X of hearts (betwen 6-J) and BB leads out for just under half pot. At this point I am almost certain that BB has trips. If he was trying to move him off a hand he would c/r the flop since it looks much stronger. Him leading for this small of an amount say he is trying to keep his overpairs in or get him to peel with his AhXx hands. If he had a hand like TT-22 or A7 he would c/c or c/f. He might have a flush but he might c/r them or bet bigger. I think it is a spot where he could have gotten away with just folding the turn. Never folding an overpair can't be that big of a mistake though. Any way reg calls down and BB has trips.

I still have a bank account in the UK, so technically through VPN I guess I could still play and withdraw all legally and clearly. But I wouldn't even know wtf the point is. I don't know how valid this kind of analysis is, but PTR shows that America is far and away the fishiest country for online poker. games are really going to suck going forward.

Yeah, cool stuff. It'd be cool to still have some hands posted, so if you play any interesting hands, you should share!
I played a somewhat interesting hand yesterday. Villains are an old German (OM) that likes to peel flops, and a young kid (YK) that I busted earlier with set over set. I'm not exactly sure what the old man is peeling with, because none of the hands went to SD.Effective stacks are around $150 (old man). I cover.Preflop: 3 limpers, I make it $12 with QhQs. Two callers.Flop ($39) Ac Qc 4dYK checks, I bet $25, OM calls $25, YK foldsTurn ($89) 9cI check, OM checksRiver ($89) 7hI bet $35, OM calls $35Final pot - $159Not entirely sure what to think of my turn play (right or wrong). I was check/calling for pot control, because I know a lot of live players like chasing the flooshes. On the river I made a small bet to try and get called by the weak portion of his range, but I think I could've gone a little bigger. That's my other weakness in live play. In the heat of the moment, I don't pay attention enough to the pot size and end up making really strange bet sizes.
I still have a bank account in the UK, so technically through VPN I guess I could still play and withdraw all legally and clearly. But I wouldn't even know wtf the point is. I don't know how valid this kind of analysis is, but PTR shows that America is far and away the fishiest country for online poker. games are really going to suck going forward.
From the sessions I have played, American's seem to make up most of the mediocre regs. So the games are much more aggressive but the fish seem bigger. There is limited middle ground now.
I do the same w/regard to pot-size and bet-size liveI think I play it the same except for the river sizing of course
I think we have to bet turn. He has so many hands he peels with that have a club in them that we can't let him draw for free.
I don't pay attention enough to the pot size and end up making really strange bet sizes.
I like the hand if the plan on the river was a bet/fold as you'll never get bluff raised on the river there.Quoted this because almost all 1/2 players ignore pot sizes post. It's actually very telling to find a player who does.

Its perfectly ok to ignore pot sizes and ur own stack in 1/2 Live. Like, if you flop a flush, put in a quarter of ur stack, and 3 people are all in with you left to act, never call cuz ur drawing dead like 98% of the time. I mean, no one in 1/2 over values top pair or draw or anything.

Its perfectly ok to ignore pot sizes and ur own stack in 1/2 Live. Like, if you flop a flush, put in a quarter of ur stack, and 3 people are all in with you left to act, never call cuz ur drawing dead like 98% of the time. I mean, no one in 1/2 over values top pair or draw or anything.
Arrogant much?
Arrogant much?
Seriously. It's sad because you're giving NA shit for having the same douchebag "I can't possibly be wrong because I am awesome" attitude when you were/are doing the exact same thing.
lool be more of a ****ing douchetard.
Seriously. It's sad because you're giving NA shit for having the same douchebag "I can't possibly be wrong because I am awesome" attitude when you were/are doing the exact same thing.
I'm not talking to NA. You and him actually backed up ur arguements. I'm being a douche to those who were a douche to me w/o backing themselves up.

The PPA Wants to Know How This Impacts You -- Post Your Story in This 2+2 Thread!http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/57/poker...thread-1022380/Apart from writing letters to your representatives, this is the best way of fighting back I have seen.Share your poker story and show that this is affecting hard working Americans instead of "degenerate gamblers" and "money laundering criminals".Everyone should share, from professionals with families to college students with student loan repayments to losing players that enjoy the recreational aspects and have their spending under control.

since online poker died a few days ago, sort of a big development in the poker industry, one would think that you'd have moved beyond this pettiness.
I play virtually all live anyways. Sort of the reason I took an interest in a Live hand that was posted. Then people like you came who play more online and had to be a dick towards me. Sure, live poker will change now....and maybe, just maybe you'll try to put a little more effort in threads that involve live hands now.
I play virtually all live anyways. Sort of the reason I took an interest in a Live hand that was posted. Then people like you came who play more online and had to be a dick towards me. Sure, live poker will change now....and maybe, just maybe you'll try to put a little more effort in threads that involve live hands now.
how can y'all still be arguing over this
Are you going to contribute to this thread?
Yeah, trystereo sure was a dick to you.