New Challenge: Movin' On Up

April goals. [X] 10k hands at 10nl rush[X] Profit those 10k hands*[ ] FT an MTT that pays at least 2k to the winner. [ ] Get the $25 bonus from Take 2**
brBBps9uZ3-k3WWD5-EJ.png*Red line is plus, but there are still 19 days left this month.** 4/4 thus far
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

seriously?Full Tilt Poker Game #29829660709: Table Alacrity (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 21:24:52 ET - 2011/04/11Seat 1: kassie88 ($43.52)Seat 2: alfstreet ($173.90)Seat 3: Tiago Ferro ($18.46)Seat 4: nine_ball6970 ($94.69)Seat 5: 2nutzzz4u ($33.75)Seat 6: paulgibbo ($25)alfstreet posts the small blind of $0.10Tiago Ferro posts the big blind of $0.25The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to 2nutzzz4u [2s Ah 4c Ac]nine_ball6970 folds2nutzzz4u has 8 seconds left to act2nutzzz4u raises to $0.85paulgibbo foldskassie88 raises to $2.90alfstreet foldsTiago Ferro calls $2.652nutzzz4u raises to $11.70kassie88 calls $8.80Tiago Ferro raises to $18.46, and is all in2nutzzz4u calls $6.76kassie88 calls $6.76*** FLOP *** [5h 8d Jd]2nutzzz4u bets $15.29, and is all inkassie88 calls $15.292nutzzz4u shows [2s Ah 4c Ac]kassie88 shows [3s 3d 7d 6h]Tiago Ferro shows [8h Jh Qc Tc]*** TURN *** [5h 8d Jd] [6d]*** RIVER *** [5h 8d Jd 6d] [4s]2nutzzz4u shows a pair of Aceskassie88 shows a flush, Jack highkassie88 wins the side pot ($30.35) with a flush, Jack highTiago Ferro shows two pair, Jacks and Eightskassie88 wins the main pot ($52.71) with a flush, Jack high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $86.06 Main pot $55.48. Side pot $30.58. | Rake $3Board: [5h 8d Jd 6d 4s]Seat 1: kassie88 (button) showed [3s 3d 7d 6h] and won ($83.06) with a flush, Jack highSeat 2: alfstreet (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 3: Tiago Ferro (big blind) showed [8h Jh Qc Tc] and lost with two pair, Jacks and EightsSeat 4: nine_ball6970 didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: 2nutzzz4u showed [2s Ah 4c Ac] and lost with a pair of AcesSeat 6: paulgibbo didn't bet (folded)

mbn three handedFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($39.25)Hero (BB) ($53.82)Button ($50)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :3h, A :qhButton bets $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3, Button calls $2.25, SB raises to $12, 1 fold, Button raises to $39, SB raises to $39.25 (All-In), Button calls $0.25Flop: ($81.50) J :club:, 9 :jh, 9 :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($81.50) 6 :D(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($81.50) 7 :ts(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $81.50 | Rake: $1Results:Button had Q :4h, Q :D (two pair, Queens and nines).SB had A :D, A :5c (two pair, Aces and nines).Outcome: SB won $80.50
How in the world you fold this, I don't know.
How in the world you fold this, I don't know.
Reads and stack size. I've played a ton with the button, over 1k hands, and he's a really big nit (he's the one I had folded bottom set to in a hand I posted a few days ago). Granted I did only have about 80 hands on the SB, but he also had been playing passively and tightly. His line is weird and looks FOS, but I didn't see him throwing $12 into the middle without at least queens, and I thought the button could also be strong. When the stacks get deep I find that people take unorthodox lines, and I can't begin to "rule out" hands based upon any single street; like at 100bbs, a reg is almost always going to 3-bet AK (so when the flop comes QKJ I can safely felt T9) but a decent reg who's deep isn't going to necessarily do it OOP.100 bbs: I most likely shove.
Jon :(It looks like iRock is making videos for CR still if that is the same guy babylondonks.
Yeah that's him, I would definitely reccomend finding anything that he's done as his thought processes are just fantastic. Probably the best videos I've watched on any site
didn't even notice there were two limpers, w/my HUD and tables cluttering up my FOV
I would put your hud stats over avatars before the race track. I would remove the villain names from your HUD layout if the size is becoming an issue.
This is one reason I don't run a HUD. :club:
This is like cutting off your legs because you sometimes trip over things when walking. Just pay more attention when walking instead of looking into buying wheelchairs. Jungleman's well
3. Hud is extremely useful. I actually think it's absolutely necessary and underrated. It's like what a ruler is to your hand (ie, not using a hud) for measuring the length of things.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost...amp;postcount=1
Yeah that's him, I would definitely reccomend finding anything that he's done as his thought processes are just fantastic. Probably the best videos I've watched on any site
You watched any blue fire videos ?

Unless you are 24 tabling I don't think you need a lot of stats shown as long as you can get extra stuff easily from popups. I'll try and remember to check out iRock, although it looks like he mostly makes 6max vids.

This is like cutting off your legs because you sometimes trip over things when walking. Just pay more attention when walking instead of looking into buying wheelchairs. Jungleman's well http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost...amp;postcount=1
I said one of the reasons. I don't think that a HUD is bad...and I think used effectively, they can be beneficial. However, personally, I haven't had a computer that can run them well in a while. That may have changed recently, so I may give a HUD another shot. They also fail to take into account flow and dynamics. Like, I think paying attention and taking notes is going to be much better than auto-piloting on numbers. I can say, "Hey, this guy's 15/12/2," and try to justify a play, but I'd rather say, "Well, this guy's relatively TAG generally, but here's what I think he thinks about me." Honestly, the numbers tend to overwhelm me too much too. They're almost like information overload that kills my focus. Again, I'm not saying I'm right. And, there are online pros that don't use them.
I said one of the reasons. I don't think that a HUD is bad...and I think used effectively, they can be beneficial. However, personally, I haven't had a computer that can run them well in a while. That may have changed recently, so I may give a HUD another shot. They also fail to take into account flow and dynamics. Like, I think paying attention and taking notes is going to be much better than auto-piloting on numbers. I can say, "Hey, this guy's 15/12/2," and try to justify a play, but I'd rather say, "Well, this guy's relatively TAG generally, but here's what I think he thinks about me." Honestly, the numbers tend to overwhelm me too much too. They're almost like information overload that kills my focus. Again, I'm not saying I'm right. And, there are online pros that don't use them.
This is pretty much the main reason I prefer playing 4 tables.I still think in today's game, it's extremely beneficial to use a HUD.
You will probably find this well useful if you do give the using a HUD another try. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker...-w-ahud-338578/Also if you double click on the hud stats on HEM they turn red and show you the stats he is running that current session on that table.
You will probably find this well useful if you do give the using a HUD another try. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker...-w-ahud-338578/Also if you double click on the hud stats on HEM they turn red and show you the stats he is running that current session on that table.
Thanks. Upon quick glance, that looks like it'll be pretty helpful.

@ hud(I haven't read those twoplustwo threads/wells yet,,, but i will.)There was an episode about a month or two ago on deuce plays, discussing huds. I want to say it was the grindcore ep???(terrible paraphrase warning)I can't remember the person, but they said that beating the micro and small stakes without a HUD is very beneficial to your poker development.Learning how to beat the fish without a hud should come first, and once that is done you can start to incorporate a HUD

I was against HUDs for the longest time, but ever since I began to use one regularly I really can't imagine going without one. Instead of thinking, "well, he reps nuts or air with this flop raise, so I better call" I can look at my opponent's stats in relation to continuation betting; if he folds to 80% of them, then it doesn't really matter what he's representing; I'm going to fold. Basically I can plan an entire hand out if I've gotten a decent sample on my opponent, like I won't raise pf to steal with 87o when I know that the loose BB folds to only 20% of c-bets; and I'll call with 75o in position against a reg because I know he c/bets 90% of the time and follows through on the turn just 40%. Etc etcWho really cares, though. I'm not crushing the game like Cobalt, so w/e.

Who really cares, though. I'm not crushing the game like Cobalt, so w/e.
Yeah, but the notion that I could be crushing more is the point. :)Also, I mean, I've played 7k hours and probably close to 3M hands at this point. I should be able to crush me some 50nl.

Question about DC;Are all the vids as boring as Coaching Tree and Coaching Kristy?I have a nearly non-existant attention span when it's all about someone talking without much visual support.

Question about DC;Are all the vids as boring as Coaching Tree and Coaching Kristy?I have a nearly non-existant attention span when it's all about someone talking without much visual support.
No. Some of them are more boring.Then again, poker is boring