New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Just was playing some 50nl 6-max Rush. CO opens to $1.50, I 3-bet AKs on the button to $5, SB insta-ships $130 eff. Just...wow. (I folded.)

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars Pot Limit Omaha $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton: $15.27 SB: $25.00 BB: $12.00 UTG: $11.18 UTG+1: $53.52 CO: $32.30 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with :ts:5c:qh:4h (6 players)UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, Button calls $1.10, SB calls $1, BB calls $0.85, UTG calls $0.85Flop: ($5.50) :3h:club::jh (5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $2.25, Hero raises to $11.98, Button folds, SB raises to $23.90 and is all-in, BB calls $10.90 and is all-in, UTG calls $7.83 and is all-in, Hero calls $11.92Dont have much left to call in this huge pot, but at the time I was thinking if I didnt have a gut shot and back door flush draw... maybe i should fold?

Wow, that's a pretty gross spot.Prob gonna see the nut flush draw, 66XX, and QQXX but wow...gg, xxeddie... nice boost to the BR when taking a shot

QED, what's Chinese villain's sn? (Or spell it a little wonky if you don't want him to be able to Google it.)
Villain was bbak%^&*bbak minus the %^&*.
11th for $140sigh at getting deep and not winning, but profit is profit, ya know
After my QQ>TT to put me 3/14...AQ<A4 aipf66<KQ aipf. KQ<A3 aipf. When I shoved 11bbs 6 handed UTG and the button just couldn't wait to re-shop 40bbs with teh ace high. The table I was stuck at from 18 down was so stupid with the exception of myself and two others. It seems every hand was limp, 5x open, flat, 60bb reshove, all fold. Like lol. The score puts my BR above $500. I figure I will finish up the month @ 5nl and move up to 10nl unless I go on like a 20BI downer in the next 8 days. Moving to 10nl ok with 50BIs right?
Words can hurt ya know.
sticks and stones can break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.

Sorry about the HH being tough to read / incorrect. The site doesn't have proper hand histories...Heres the hand:Hand Information , 0.25 BB (9 handed).Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com Table InformationSeat: 0 Player 0 ($1.5) Big BlindSeat: 1 Player 1 ($2)Seat: 2 Player 2 ($13.59)Seat: 3 Player 3 ($9.13)Seat: 4 Player 4 ($25.96)Seat: 5 Player 5 ($17.8)Seat: 6 Hero ($25)Seat: 8 Player 8 ($13.57) DealerSeat: 9 Player 9 ($29.45) Small BlindDealt to HeroQH.png6C.pngPreflop (Pot:-0.75)Player 5 CALL $0.25Player 4 FOLD Player 3 FOLD Player 2 CALL $0.25Player 1 FOLD Player 0 FOLD Player 8 FOLD Hero CHECK Flop(Pot: $-0.25)8D.png5S.png7H.png Player 5 BET $0.25Player 2 RAISE $0.5Hero CALL $0.5Player 5 CALL $0.25Turn(Pot: $1.25)8D.png5S.png7H.png4C.pngHero CHECK Player 5 CHECK Player 2 BET $0.5Hero RAISE $2Player 5 CALL $2Player 2 FOLD River(Pot: $5.75)8D.png5S.png7H.png4C.png10H.pngHero CHECK Player 5 CHECK Showdown:Hero SHOWS8D.png5S.png Player 5 MUCKSHero wins the pot: $5.75Pot was bigger than 5.75 too, but anyways, did I miss value? I didn't like him check calling on the turn, and wouldn't be happy facing a raise on the river. My opponents on this site can have any 2, and have seen them calling 100BB preflop with Q2o at 200NL, and those players aren't few and far between here. Anyways, I didn't have position, so I didn't want to face a raise, but was okay with him bluffing off his chips to me. Was checking here fine, or did I miss value?

I lead the flop almost 100% of the time. We have equity when called, but our ev in the spot goes up bc we can win the pot unimproved.I'm betting $4.5 on the river as played. Prob c.r the turn a bit larger as well, to like $2.50-$3. They are gonna know what we have, but they aren't folding 2p, so get value now!

Yeah. Don't slowplay the river. After being check-raised on the turn, he's most likely going to check behind. If he actually bets and you raise again, you are not representing anything.

wat?feral_cow_icon.gifThis converter is going to be a cash cow...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersUTG: $66.60 UTG+1: $51.45 CO: $32.25 Button: $50.00 (Hero)SB: $50.00 BB: $50.20 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is Button with :3h:ts (6 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1Flop: ($3.25) :qh:4h:club: (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5.50, Hero calls $3.50Turn: ($14.25) :jh (2 players)BB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($14.25) :5c (2 players)BB bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50(Rake: $1.60)

Of course not.What hands can he really be c/r'ing the flop with for value? Most regs are just going to c/c their small to middle pairs and 10x hands since "only better will call"Sets are possible, I guess, but I never see someone c/r a flop so dry with a setTurn and river are both blanks, so ez call. The only thing that I was even remotely worried about was a slowplayed overpair like JJ+, but such a small part of his range.

About the hand earlier. I wasn't trying to check raise, I was worried about facing a check raise because my opponent could have easily had something stupid like 69, and I didn't think I would often be called by worse since I repped the straight on the turn too.Here's one more:Hand Information , 0.25 BB (10 handed).Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com Table InformationSeat: 1 seat 1 ($25) Small BlindSeat: 2 seat 2 ($25) Big BlindSeat: 3 seat 3 ($25)Seat: 4 seat 4 ($25)Seat: 5 seat 5 ($25)Seat: 6 seat 6 ($20.5)Seat: 7 seat 7 ($25)Seat: 8 seat 8 ($25)Seat: 9 seat 9 ($25)Seat: 10 seat 10 ($25) DealerDealt to seat 7QS.pngQD.pngPreflop (Pot:0.35)seat 3 FOLD seat 4 FOLD seat 5 FOLD seat 6 CALL seat 7 RAISE $1seat 8 FOLD seat 9 FOLD seat 10 FOLD seat 1 FOLD seat 2 FOLD seat 6 RAISE $1.25seat 7 RAISE $4seat 6 ALL-IN seat 7 CALL Flop(Pot: $29.85)10D.png5H.pngJC.pngTurn(Pot: $29.85)10D.png5H.pngJC.png4S.pngRiver(Pot: $29.85)10D.png5H.pngJC.png4S.pngKH.pngShowdown:seat 6 SHOWSAH.pngAC.pngseat 7 MUCKSseat 6 wins the pot: $29.85The pot was 40 or 41 by the way, not 29.85...Kind of frustrating, because it ruined my profit for the session. As I called, I said "please be AK" because the limp - 3bet (he actually made it 1.75, I had to remake the HH from scratch) was pretty sketchy looking IMO, but I figured laying down queens at my skill level and at these tables is probably a huge mistake. Anyone? Trying not to be results oriented, but I really wanted to fold, and now I'm regretting talking sense into myself :club:

Of course not.What hands can he really be c/r'ing the flop with for value? Most regs are just going to c/c their small to middle pairs and 10x hands since "only better will call"Sets are possible, I guess, but I never see someone c/r a flop so dry with a setTurn and river are both blanks, so ez call. The only thing that I was even remotely worried about was a slowplayed overpair like JJ+, but such a small part of his range.
Yeah... I agree it's a call, especially if he's a reg. I just said hope you didn't get button clicked by a better hand like 44 or 67s that just bluff c.r the flop and zomg turned showdown value...That happens with hero calls sometimes... they are bluffing with the best hand... ya know
Sorry about the HH being tough to read / incorrect. The site doesn't have proper hand histories...Heres the hand:Hand Information , 0.25 BB (9 handed).Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com Table InformationSeat: 0 Player 0 ($1.5) Big BlindSeat: 1 Player 1 ($2)Seat: 2 Player 2 ($13.59)Seat: 3 Player 3 ($9.13)Seat: 4 Player 4 ($25.96)Seat: 5 Player 5 ($17.8)Seat: 6 Hero ($25)Seat: 8 Player 8 ($13.57) DealerSeat: 9 Player 9 ($29.45) Small BlindDealt to HeroQH.png6C.pngPreflop (Pot:-0.75)Player 5 CALL $0.25Player 4 FOLD Player 3 FOLD Player 2 CALL $0.25Player 1 FOLD Player 0 FOLD Player 8 FOLD Hero CHECK Flop(Pot: $-0.25)8D.png5S.png7H.png Player 5 BET $0.25Player 2 RAISE $0.5Hero CALL $0.5Player 5 CALL $0.25Turn(Pot: $1.25)8D.png5S.png7H.png4C.pngHero CHECK Player 5 CHECK Player 2 BET $0.5Hero RAISE $2Player 5 CALL $2Player 2 FOLD River(Pot: $5.75)8D.png5S.png7H.png4C.png10H.pngHero CHECK Player 5 CHECK Showdown:Hero SHOWS8D.png5S.png Player 5 MUCKSHero wins the pot: $5.75Pot was bigger than 5.75 too, but anyways, did I miss value? I didn't like him check calling on the turn, and wouldn't be happy facing a raise on the river. My opponents on this site can have any 2, and have seen them calling 100BB preflop with Q2o at 200NL, and those players aren't few and far between here. Anyways, I didn't have position, so I didn't want to face a raise, but was okay with him bluffing off his chips to me. Was checking here fine, or did I miss value?
The positions in this hand make absolutely no sense. Like, it appears that we're BB based on our hand and checking pre-flop. But that's not what it says at the top. And if that's the case, how did two players act before us on the flop?I realize that it's kind of a pain, but I highly recommend doing a manual HH. Just figure out a format that you like and run with it. I used to do them all of the time for Bodog.I mean, you could even do a one line summary if you don't want to be detailed.... .10/.25 4 limpers, $25 eff, I check Q6o in BB...Flop 875r...bet, min-raise, I call...Turn X...action...River X...action