New Challenge: Movin' On Up

So here's kind of an interesting spot. Villain is probably a somewhat LAG (not maniacal as far as I know) Rush reg from the UK...feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersButton: $25.80 SB: $54.05 BB: $50.00 (Hero)UTG: $54.75 UTG+1: $93.60 MP: $47.10 MP2: $54.65 HJ: $33.35 CO: $16.70 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :club::3h (9 players)7 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1Flop: ($3.00) :4h:5c:jh (2 players)SB bets $2, Hero calls $2Turn: ($7.00) :ts (2 players)SB bets $5, Hero calls $5River: ($17.00) :qh (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB raises to $45.55, and is all in, Hero ?
I think it's a call if he knows you're a reg... (and if he's a reg too)..if he was some 1-tabling fish like me, then i'd fold..
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

So here's kind of an interesting spot. Villain is probably a somewhat LAG (not maniacal as far as I know) Rush reg from the UK...feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersButton: $25.80 SB: $54.05 BB: $50.00 (Hero)UTG: $54.75 UTG+1: $93.60 MP: $47.10 MP2: $54.65 HJ: $33.35 CO: $16.70 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :club::3h (9 players)7 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1Flop: ($3.00) :4h:5c:jh (2 players)SB bets $2, Hero calls $2Turn: ($7.00) :ts (2 players)SB bets $5, Hero calls $5River: ($17.00) :qh (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB raises to $45.55, and is all in, Hero ?
Gross, blind v blind. I imagine you can bet here trying to rep a busted FD, so that you can get him to spazz shove bluff. In that case snap.But at the same time would villain ever consider checking two pair plus thinking you would bluff a missed draw a lot so that he could pull this CR...I think you have to make that $10 bet here on the river, but you also have to know exactly what you do against a CR shove, before making that bet.
Seems like a fold would be the best thing to do in this situation. I kinda think you played the river wrong as well. Please correct me if you feel I am wrong. Here is why:1. Flop and Turn he bets out2. Both bets are value bets3. Checking the river seems suspicious with someone who just fired out 2 value bets4. You really only have Ks with a crappy kickerA check would have been appropriate, because it seems like he has a set. Value bet was probably to deter drawing hands. By you betting out on the river, he might think you are trying to make a move on a drawing hand or, whats worse, he might now think you have a legitimate hand and he wants to exploit that. Just a suggestion though.
1. Just a description of action.2. We don't know they're value-bets.3. It does seem suspicious for a value hand to take this line.4. Our kicker is somewhat irrelevant in this case. Our top pair is not.I have no idea how you can put him on a set and suggest we should check based on his bet, bet, check line. Maybe you can put him on a set after he goes for the c/r, but not before. I don't think checking the river would necessarily be terrible, but I still think there's value to be had. He can have a weaker K or Jx or some other pair and pay us off thinking we missed a draw.shyne, we're both regs. If he's paying attention, he'd know I'm a reg that's quite capable of bet/folding any given street.meservey, I don't think he's got two pair very often. Like, he could have KJ, but that's got to be discounted some. As far as value, sets come next, but I think the vast majority of his value range is the nuts (T9). I think we have to discount that slightly too since we've got one of the tens. I was actually just making a smallish normal value-bet on the end. I definitely should've anticipated what I was going to do facing a check/raise, but I didn't really expect it.
Seems like a fold would be the best thing to do in this situation. I kinda think you played the river wrong as well. Please correct me if you feel I am wrong. Here is why:1. Flop and Turn he bets out2. Both bets are value bets3. Checking the river seems suspicious with someone who just fired out 2 value bets4. You really only have Ks with a crappy kickerA check would have been appropriate, because it seems like he has a set. Value bet was probably to deter drawing hands. By you betting out on the river, he might think you are trying to make a move on a drawing hand or, whats worse, he might now think you have a legitimate hand and he wants to exploit that. Just a suggestion though.
How do you know the flop and turn bets were for value? He raised pre from the SB. If we KNEW he was betting for value, we can easily throw away our hand when he leads out on the flop. We called because we know he's c-betting here a lot. I check the river because we are not getting value from anything but maybe the few kings we outkick and maybe AJ-QJ. As played, i probably sigh fold thinking this could be a busted draw every so often, trying to push us from a mid-strenght hand that we have.

yup, back to pokerz (love this game)feral_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersUTG Hero: $26.58 CO greenteapk: $6.58 Button EretikS: $26.67 SB swimguy195: $36.69 BB graveworm21: $28.22 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Kh.gifAc.gif (5 players)Hero raises to $0.75, greenteapk raises to $6.58, and is all in, 3 folds, Hero calls $5.83Flop: ($13.51) Js.gif2c.gif5c.gif (2 players)Turn: ($13.51) Qc.gif (2 players)River: ($13.51) 9d.gif (2 players)Hero showed Kh.gifAc.gif, and lost with Ace King highgreenteapk showed Tc.gifKs.gif, and won ($12.84) with a straight, King highgreenteapk won $12.84(Rake: $0.67)

Well, I got it back, but man I had to dodge those outs like whoaferal_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG+1 Hero: $25.00 CO greenteapk: $10.49 Button EretikS: $26.99 SB Kimpes09: $20.33 BB swimguy195: $38.44 UTG graveworm21: $27.47 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with Qh.gifKs.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.75, greenteapk calls $0.75, EretikS folds, Kimpes09 calls $0.65, swimguy195 foldsFlop: ($2.50) Kc.gifQs.gif7c.gif (4 players)Kimpes09 checks, Hero bets $2, greenteapk calls $2, Kimpes09 calls $2Turn: ($8.50) 9d.gif (4 players)Kimpes09 checks, Hero bets $6.50, greenteapk raises to $7.74, and is all in, Kimpes09 folds, Hero calls $1.24River: ($23.98) 3s.gif (3 players)Hero showed Qh.gifKs.gif, and won ($22.79) with two pair, Kings and Queensgreenteapk showed Tc.gifAc.gif, and lost with Ace King highHero won $22.79(Rake: $1.19)

Another day, another Rush reg raising on the river...feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersUTG: $52.65 UTG+1: $102.90 MP: $35.50 MP2: $50.20 HJ: $131.00 (Hero)CO: $153.20 Button: $152.05 SB: $106.15 BB: $17.85 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is HJ with :club::ts (9 players)4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 3 foldsFlop: ($3.75) :jh:4h:qh (2 players)Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50Turn: ($8.75) :5c (2 players)Hero bets $6, CO calls $6River: ($20.75) :3h (2 players)Hero bets $15, CO raises to $39, Hero ?We don't have much of a history. I've seen him around but no notes. If timing matters, he pretty much snap-called the flop and turn and deliberated a bit on the river.

When I was speaking on the Value bet, I was just referring to the amount, not the intention. Like I said, I am starting out in the little leagues of poker so I appreciate the criticism. Excuse me for asking, but what exactly is a C-bet or C-raise?

This okay? Villain is like 31/14/1 over 30 hands. We have plenty of equity vs even top of his range (88 and QT?) A few JT and maybe worse FDs to make it okay?feral_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG Hero: $26.01 UTG+1 robdahood: $28.03 CO paPOMAunt: $4.00 Button thc100: $27.11 SB CATAHA777: $32.12 BB BERLIN1977: $11.62 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Ac.gifKc.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.85, robdahood calls $0.85, 3 folds, BERLIN1977 calls $0.60Flop: ($2.65) Jc.gif8c.gif9d.gif (3 players)BERLIN1977 checks, Hero bets $2, robdahood raises to $4, BERLIN1977 folds, Hero raises to $9, robdahood raises to $27.18, and is all in, Hero calls $16.16, and is all in

Villain is a reg, enough KQs and such to jam river, or just bet $9-$11? Flop waaaaaaay too small. I was scurred of losing my customers... should be $2.25, $6.50, shove?feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersSB hefinator: $24.25 BB tamarick: $26.01 UTG gtomas305: $24.83 CO bigmike0311: $22.72 Button Hero: $26.14 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with Qc.gifAc.gif (5 players)gtomas305 folds, bigmike0311 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1, hefinator folds, tamarick calls $0.75, bigmike0311 calls $0.75Flop: ($3.10) 4c.gifQh.gifQs.gif (3 players)tamarick checks, bigmike0311 checks, Hero bets $1.75, tamarick calls $1.75, bigmike0311 foldsTurn: ($6.60) 6c.gif (2 players)tamarick checks, Hero bets $4.75, tamarick calls $4.75River: ($16.10) 3d.gif (2 players)tamarick checks, Hero bets $18.64, and is all in,

When I was speaking on the Value bet, I was just referring to the amount, not the intention. Like I said, I am starting out in the little leagues of poker so I appreciate the criticism. Excuse me for asking, but what exactly is a C-bet or C-raise?
No worries. We all start somewhere. :)I think you could've said "villain's bet-sizing looks to be for value on the flop and turn", though we again have no specific way of knowing that without having sizing tells. Basically, 'bet' would've served better in this instance since we don't know they're specifically for value.A C-bet is short for 'continuation bet'. It basically means betting again after having the lead on a previous street...you 'continue' your aggression. In this instance, villain raised pre-flop. His bet on the flop is a c-bet. His bet on the turn is also a c-bet. They're generally fairly profitable bets regardless of whether they're bluffs/semi-bluffs or for value. I've never heard of a c-raise before (since the 'raise' implies aggression on the part of your opponent)...though I guess it could possibly be applied to raising a donkbet.
I've never heard of a c-raise before (since the 'raise' implies aggression on the part of your opponent)...though I guess it could possibly be applied to raising a donkbet.
I was thinking it meant check raise.

James...AKs hand, IPITSAQs hand. I think flop sizing is okay. You're on the button, so you're not always gonna have the goods, so it's better to bet a little smaller to balance and make your bluffs cheaper. If you go that route, you can always make your turn bet a little bigger.By not shoving the river, you tend to believe his range isn't strong enough to call a shove. If that's the case, then I'd rather just make a really small bet there to either induce or get calls from the weak portion of his range.Shoving is fine though.

good turnferal_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersSB: $100.05 (Hero)BB: $57.40 UTG: $84.50 UTG+1: $50.50 CO: $45.25 Button: $89.20 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with :3h:4h (6 players)4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3Flop: ($9.00) :ts:jh:D (2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $4.50, Hero raises to $12.50, BB raises to $52.90 and is all-in, Hero calls $40.40Turn: ($114.80) :club: (2 players)River: ($114.80) :D (2 players)Hero showed :qh:5c, and won ($111.80) with four of a kind, TensBB showed :D :D, and lost with two pair, Aces and TensHero won $111.80(Rake: $3)

James...AKs hand, IPITSAQs hand. I think flop sizing is okay. You're on the button, so you're not always gonna have the goods, so it's better to bet a little smaller to balance and make your bluffs cheaper. If you go that route, you can always make your turn bet a little bigger.By not shoving the river, you tend to believe his range isn't strong enough to call a shove. If that's the case, then I'd rather just make a really small bet there to either induce or get calls from the weak portion of his range.Shoving is fine though.
Yeah, I thought when he c/c twice he'd have a Qx hand or 44 a lot. I doubt even a nittier reg would fold QJ or KQ so I just went for the shove bc I didn't think he could have any draws or whatever that I could induce from... 99 or something maybe calls a 1/3 bet or whatev, dunno
I was thinking it meant check raise.
Ha. That makes a lot more sense. Guess I just had a brain lapse. I still don't think I've heard it called that much though.Oh...results on the KT...I finally decided that there were enough factors to sway me from my default fold to a call. He had Qh 9h for a busted GS, and I took the pot.Played this hand tonight. He called the flop and turn pretty quickly. I was sitting there debating whether I could overbet him off of an ace on the river and ultimately cursed that he'd either snap or bankcall me with AQ and finally checked. Then the cards didn't flip over...and I laughed.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersMP: $33.80 MP2: $136.60 HJ: $50.00 CO: $56.00 Button: $182.00 (Hero)SB: $28.25 BB: $100.35 UTG: $39.80 UTG+1: $171.20 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is Button with :5c:D (9 players)6 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1Flop: ($3.25) :club::ts:D (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2Turn: ($7.25) :qh (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB calls $5River: ($17.25) :4h (2 players)BB checks, Hero checksHero showed :3h:D, and won ($16.40) with a pair of EightsBB mucked :jh :4dHero won $16.40(Rake: $0.85)

I am almost always folding this UTG in 6 max, but when the tables lose a player a two I find myself opening way too many hands from all over the place.feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersBB: $25.35 UTG: $48.12 (Hero)CO: $48.00 23 VPIP 17 PFR 1.75 AF (supernova)Button: $45.81 SB: $25.10 NO READPreflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with :5c:club: (5 players)Hero raises to $0.75, CO folds, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($3.00) :4h:3h:ts (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, Button calls $1.75, SB raises to $6.50, BB folds, Hero...

I am almost always folding this UTG in 6 max, but when the tables lose a player a two I find myself opening way too many hands from all over the place.feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersBB: $25.35 UTG: $48.12 (Hero)CO: $48.00 23 VPIP 17 PFR 1.75 AF (supernova)Button: $45.81 SB: $25.10 NO READPreflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with :5c:club: (5 players)Hero raises to $0.75, CO folds, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($3.00) :4h:3h:ts (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, Button calls $1.75, SB raises to $6.50, BB folds, Hero...
I don't think it's a big deal no matter what you dobest move is PROBABLY to fold. if I'm stuck though I just ship it
I don't think it's a big deal no matter what you dobest move is PROBABLY to fold. if I'm stuck though I just ship it
So you ship every time then?