New Challenge: Movin' On Up

feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG: $9.88 UTG+1: $25.00 CO: $38.69 (Hero)Button: $10.15 SB: $27.42 BB: $63.47 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with :jh:qh (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Button folds, SB calls $0.65, BB foldsFlop: ($1.75) :4h:3h:5c (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50Turn: ($4.75) :ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3.25, SB calls $3.25River: ($11.25) :club: (2 players)SB bets $8, Hero...
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

One more. Sorry for the spam...feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersCO: $27.34 (Hero)Button: $29.61 SB: $37.77 BB: $44.52 UTG: $37.07 UTG+1: $57.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with :4h:jh (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($1.85) :5c:ts:club: (2 players)Hero bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50Turn: ($4.85) :qh (2 players)Hero bets $3.75, Button calls $3.75River: ($12.35) :3h (2 players)Hero bets $5.50, Button raises to $23.61 and is all-in, ...

feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG: $9.88 UTG+1: $25.00 CO: $38.69 (Hero)Button: $10.15 SB: $27.42 BB: $63.47 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with :jh:qh (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Button folds, SB calls $0.65, BB foldsFlop: ($1.75) :4h:3h:5c (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50Turn: ($4.75) :ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3.25, SB calls $3.25River: ($11.25) :club: (2 players)SB bets $8, Hero...
Hmmm, I am really torn. At first I like raising it up. But the c/c for 2 streets then donking the river means he definitly hit. I would expect to see Kx here mass majority of the time but getting coolered with KT or TT once in a while. So I think I would just call in this case. Sure others will say raise, but villians line is.. Nah I say raise and he if shoves call. Too much of his range is just Kx here no point is worrying about monsters under the bed.

66 hand I'm jamming almost all of the time.KQ is tough but I think it's a fold? You bet really small on the river compared to other streets so villain may interpret that as weak, but other than 76 there's literally no bluffs in his range and more sets, 2 pair hands.A2dd I'm either folding pre or 4betting, depending villain. As played I think river is a fold.

One more. Sorry for the spam...feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersCO: $27.34 (Hero)Button: $29.61 SB: $37.77 BB: $44.52 UTG: $37.07 UTG+1: $57.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with :4h:jh (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($1.85) :5c:ts:club: (2 players)Hero bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50Turn: ($4.85) :qh (2 players)Hero bets $3.75, Button calls $3.75River: ($12.35) :3h (2 players)Hero bets $5.50, Button raises to $23.61 and is all-in, ...
Well played. Fold the river to the shove.*Edit:*I just noticed the small bet on the river. Yeah not a fan of that. If you want to do small do about 7-8. Or I can also see merit in checking river to let him bet with air.
@ QQ $5-$6 with the min-3b and callif we get called in both spots and we're oop we want to make sure we get in as much money as possible pre me thinks@ KK looks good
@ QQ Yes, I like 6 much better. 4.25 way too small looking over this again. Any merit to an an extreme, like making it $8? Or what about flatting and CR all-in on good flops?
66 hand I'm jamming almost all of the time.KQ is tough but I think it's a fold? You bet really small on the river compared to other streets so villain may interpret that as weak, but other than 76 there's literally no bluffs in his range and more sets, 2 pair hands.A2dd I'm either folding pre or 4betting, depending villain. As played I think river is a fold.
all of this especially the A2dd hand. When we make a bad call IP bc we're sooted and in position, the mistake can be compounded to the big bets later in the hand...KQ is def a fold without a strong read at 25nl. I also agree that your bet sizing on the river is kinda meh and I doubt you'll ever be exploited but it turns your hand face up... bet/fold >> c/c vs the typical 25nl passive players tho... agree that there isn't enough bricked draws to c/c
@ QQ Yes, I like 6 much better. 4.25 way too small looking over this again. Any merit to an an extreme, like making it $8? Or what about flatting and CR all-in on good flops?
You can go big if you want but around $6 will be good.flatting and c/r flops is meh... you'll just get it in vs like AA KK and JJ sometime based on flop... and we can 4b and make AK and some other hands put more money in now. QQ is tough in multiway pots as well

A2 hand, 4bet or fold these kinds of hands. This is an example of why its not a great idea to flat.66 jamKQ betting river is good if villain is a fish. If he is any good at all I prefer to check to him.

best misclick ever?feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersSB: $46.59 BB: $56.01 UTG: $25.00 CO: $25.00 (Hero)Button: $28.30 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with :D:4h (5 players)UTG folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, BB checksFlop: ($0.60) :qh:D:3h (2 players)BB bets $40, Hero calls $24.75 and is all-inTurn: ($50.10) :jh (2 players)River: ($50.10) :club: (2 players)BB showed :D:ts, and lost with a pair of NinesHero showed :D:5c, and won ($48.10) with a full house, Nines full of FoursHero won $48.10(Rake: $2)

Sample size may be low, but not ridiculously low -- probably around twice a night. But it is ridiculously +EV in those spots. Stupidhead can confirm this.They don't take a rake until post-flop and since I will never take the opportunity to limp the SB or check the BB after a limped SB, any pot that *does* get raked will be large enough to expect one.
Yea it does piss some people off cuz they expect everyone to chop. But it's soooo +EV cuz almost no one takes advantage of position when they're the bb, and everyone sucks playing the sb.

I think i might have played this hand too passively. Initial raiser is 30/28 over like 45 hands. Villain is a massive Lagtard, 67/67 over 25 hands.feral_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 5 playersCO: $16.35 Button: $6.22 SB: $12.51 (Hero)BB: $3.88 UTG: $4.91 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with Ad.gifQd.gif (5 players)UTG folds, CO raises to $0.10, Button raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.33, BB folds, CO calls $0.25Flop: ($1.10) Ah.gif9d.gif9s.gif (3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button checksTurn: ($1.10) Tc.gif (3 players)Hero bets $0.70, CO folds, Button raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70River: ($3.90) 5h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksEasy jam?feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 6 playersBB: $12.36 (Hero)UTG: $12.21 UTG+1: $3.27 CO: $6.13 Button: $5.00 SB: $5.20 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with Js.gifAs.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, CO folds, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10Flop: ($0.47) 7s.gifJh.gifKs.gif (3 players)Hero bets $0.40, UTG calls $0.40, UTG+1 raises to $3.12 and is all-in

reconsidering this "I love poker" thing... really demoralizing to have this happen after I've been crushing school, workouts and videos this week trying to get back on the horse...feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersButton Hero: $25.22 SB liusju: $25.00 BB lellinohd: $17.15 UTG mister1963: $19.23 CO MickeyD26: $34.40 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with Ad.gifAh.gif (5 players)mister1963 calls $0.25, MickeyD26 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, mister1963 raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $4.50, mister1963 calls $2Flop: ($9.35) 3s.gifJs.gif6c.gif (2 players)mister1963 bets $14.73, and is all in, Hero calls $14.73Turn: ($38.81) 9c.gif (2 players)River: ($38.81) Tc.gif (2 players)Hero showed Ad.gifAh.gif, and lost with a pair of Acesmister1963 showed Qh.gifKc.gif, and won ($36.87) with a straight, King highmister1963 won $36.87(Rake: $1.94)

reconsidering this "I love poker" thing... really demoralizing to have this happen after I've been crushing school, workouts and videos this week trying to get back on the horse...
stop calling for other peoples cards and you will start running better :club:

Nashtak,@AQs- based on reads you can flat, 4bet or fold preflop. As played I don't mind it, I sometimes fold to the turn min-r bc it's gonna be a 9 a lot. Did he raise the turn with like QJ?@AJs- yeah, jam. Lots of equity even if UTG calls. (he's won't often imo) oooooooh deep, enjoy variance if he does call :club: vs KK you just need to bink, ez gameedit: I also think folding AJs vs an utg raise and utg+1 flat >>>> calling. you're gonna be oop and dominated a lot

reconsidering this "I love poker" thing... really demoralizing to have this happen after I've been crushing school, workouts and videos this week trying to get back on the horse...
Focus on where you are now and where you can go, not where you were. You are never in a downswing, although you have just had one. Every hand is new.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/39/small...amoleus-956852/Read this well, get better, make money, easy game. an excerpt
With about 170BB stacks, I raised preflop from UTG+1 with x-x. I was called by the player immediately to my left, and everyone else folded. The flop comes down 9-7-2 rainbow. I bet the flop and he called. The turn was a nine, completing the rainbow. I checked and he checked behind. The river was a 7. I checked. He bet close to the pot. I called - and was good. Now before I reveal my hand, let's get to the logic.This particular player was a little exploitable, because he (making the same mistake that a majority of players make) almost always played the same situations the same way. So I had a pretty good read on his patterns. He would have three bet JJ-AA 100% of the time preflop. I think he would have three bet TT also, but if he did not, he would definitely have raised my flop bet. A nine might not have raised my flop bet, but (especially with the slightly deeper stacks and the opportunity to build a pot), he is never checking back the turn. He might have floated (for value) my flop bet with ace high - but he would certainly take the free showdown on the double paired board on the river and would not have bet himself. K/Q/J high would never call the flop (especially considering that there was no flush draw. T8 and 86 are unlikely to be in his preflop range, but even if they were there, he would have bet the turn when I showed weakness in that spot most of the time. A2 suited takes the showdown at the river. 88 is possible, but it is more likely that he would have bet the turn. A seven is possible - in my estimation, a seven was the only hand he could realistically have that does beat me. (88 also but it is discounted).So what else does that leave him? 55, 44, 33, 32s, 42s are all in his range and would be played exactly like this (since they are all counterfeited on the river). So basically, doing the analysis, I figured that I win against all of those, and lose only to a seven (discounted mathematically) and 88 (discounted because he is more likely to bet the turn). Thus, getting 2-1, I decided to call with ....6-6!! For six high! SHIP IT!!!!!!! (he had 44)

I can hardly think on that level away from the table, you must really be ahead of the pack to analyze a hand like this in less than a minute.Maybe i should take some of my hands and break them down to their core when i'm not playing.

Over thinking, over analysing separates the body from the mind.It all looks good, but is extremely read dependent. Your opponent needs to be reliable (good) enough to have a certain range, and understand showdown value.

yea, more often than not the fish / reg shows you a better hand that leaves you asking wat.
So many bad calls start with "he can't possibly have XX...."

Thanks for posting this.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/39/small...amoleus-956852/Read this well, get better, make money, easy game. an excerpt
NIMAN KENKRE!Best poker podcast ever recorded.http://www.pokerroad.com/radio/cash-plays/6