New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I'll pitch KQo vs nitty utg open most of the timewe're gonna be dominated and oop. So we either have to try to get value oop or we just value towned... bad comboAs played I might foldhis flop check, turn raise and river bet looks like AK a lotttttttIn game I call and sigh, and then remind myself why folding KQ vs an utg raise oop is good
Yeah This flop gets cbet by all the hands that miss since his raising range hits that flop better then your defending range. So for him to check the flop he probably has a pocket pair. So when he raises the turn I think he has 55 a large amount. How about this for an idea, if we were villain in this hand we check back the flop with hands that miss a % of the time with the intention of raising the turn bets since it looks so strong and the average regs calling range from the BB completely airballs this flop compared to us. Like an inducing bet only we are checking ?
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

How about this for an idea, if we were villain in this hand we check back the flop with hands that miss a % of the time with the intention of raising the turn bets since it looks so strong and the average regs calling range from the BB completely airballs this flop compared to us. Like an inducing bet only we are checking ?
Possibly true. Have to be careful though, because sometimes a 'villain' decides to defend with KQ..... But yes, I think there are a lot of ways to exploit the pf calling ranges of regs because they're so predictable
How about this for an idea, if we were villain in this hand we check back the flop with hands that miss a % of the time with the intention of raising the turn bets since it looks so strong and the average regs calling range from the BB completely airballs this flop compared to us. Like an inducing bet only we are checking ?
I've actually started doing that a little bit this month, and it works really well against players that don't fold to Cbets often.
Wait, James isn't Smash?
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB Hero: $25.00 UTG KayaRock: $22.34 UTG+1 bobbysanchez555: $6.99 CO Tulussa432: $25.00 Button WightShark: $25.00 SB GGTASE: $31.14 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Ad.gifAc.gif (6 players)KayaRock raises to $1.10, bobbysanchez555 calls $1.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $25, and is all in, KayaRock calls $21.24, and is all in, bobbysanchez555 foldsFlop: ($45.88) 2s.gifQc.gifAs.gif (2 players)Turn: ($45.88) 9d.gif (2 players)River: ($45.88) 7s.gif (2 players)Hero showed Ad.gifAc.gif, and won ($43.83) with three of a kind, AcesKayaRock showed Js.gifJd.gif, and lost with a pair of JacksHero won $43.83(Rake: $2.30)

that was september 4th... i did it twice in about 20 hands bc I was on tiltslammed AA into JJ and then KK a few minutes later... win almost 2bi and tilt is gone... hmmmmmmmm

back on the HEM wagon 7-8 tabling.a lot easier to play poker because nits are readily identifiable, and that's like 9/10ths of the battle. only problem is that my computer's so slow that it takes forever to get a session going.made one bad call, KQ raised against a fishy player, flop KJx dd, bet/minraise/call, turn the Kd (ofc) and he bets half pot, I call, turn a blank he shoves for $8 into $11. I'm probably down like 15 BIs on KQ alone due to making trips.

I hate playing maniacs..... this guy is such a drooler, 60/50 fold to 3bet is 0%.feral_cow_icon.gifThis converter is going to be a cash cow...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersUTG: $53.10 UTG+1: $18.65 CO: $78.60 Button: $50.00 (Hero)SB: $60.25 BB: $50.00 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is Button with :D:4h (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.50, 2 folds, CO calls $2.50Flop: ($7.75) :5c:club::jh (2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $5, CO calls $5Turn: ($17.75) :3h (2 players)CO checks, Hero checksRiver: ($17.75) :qh (2 players)CO bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50CO showed :ts:D, and won ($34.95) with a flush, Ace highHero mucked :D :ahCO won $34.95(Rake: $1.80)

f this game500 hand session ends when one guy joins the table and 3-bets from the button 5 orbits in a row. The last two I have AK and AQ, he has JJ and AA. mbfn

I hate playing maniacs..... this guy is such a drooler, 60/50 fold to 3bet is 0%.feral_cow_icon.gifThis converter is going to be a cash cow...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersUTG: $53.10 UTG+1: $18.65 CO: $78.60 Button: $50.00 (Hero)SB: $60.25 BB: $50.00 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is Button with :D:4h (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.50, 2 folds, CO calls $2.50Flop: ($7.75) :5c:club::jh (2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $5, CO calls $5Turn: ($17.75) :3h (2 players)CO checks, Hero checksRiver: ($17.75) :qh (2 players)CO bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50CO showed :ts:D, and won ($34.95) with a flush, Ace highHero mucked :D :ahCO won $34.95(Rake: $1.80)
be glad you didn't get hit with the JJ3 board

im so awful lolferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 ante $0.02 - 3 playersSB: $9.88 (Hero)BB: $12.11 Button: $13.90 Preflop: ($0.21) Hero is SB with 2s.gif9s.gif (3 players)Button folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.66) 3s.gifTd.gif2c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.10Turn: ($3.86) Jd.gif (2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10River: ($8.06) 6d.gif (2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $4.10, Hero calls $4.10Hero mucked 2s.gif9s.gifBB showed 7d.gif9d.gif, and won ($15.26) with a flush, Jack highBB won $15.26(Rake: $1)

this number doesn't need to be that high since there are antes.(haven't done the math tho.)
well if there are antes than you need to raise larger likely also. 3x means he only needs to call 20c into 46c and he's getting over 2-1 and will be in position... and you have 9292 oop giving a guy great odds isn't gonna be very profitable imo

One of the things I've been messing around with this month is bvb play.I heard somewhere that at these stakes, it can be profitable to raise the majority of your SB when it's folded to you, and then if you're called just play fit or fold. It seems passive at first, but the majority of your value is coming from all the times the BB folds since most players won't defend their BB as often as they should when the SB open raises.I've only got 123 hands so far this month in these spots, but I'm up almost 4 BI's. Ran good in some spots, but not losing anything major in the pots I don't win. Those little pots you win when they fold pre do add up over time.

One of the things I've been messing around with this month is bvb play.I heard somewhere that at these stakes, it can be profitable to raise the majority of your SB when it's folded to you, and then if you're called just play fit or fold. It seems passive at first, but the majority of your value is coming from all the times the BB folds since most players won't defend their BB as often as they should when the SB open raises.I've only got 123 hands so far this month in these spots, but I'm up almost 4 BI's. Ran good in some spots, but not losing anything major in the pots I don't win. Those little pots you win when they fold pre do add up over time.
People fold to you BvB? Strange world you live in.

nbd, just a little value raise... checked turn to induce river bluff which I snap obv... thought about value betting river alsoferal_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG+1: $26.00 CO: $25.00 Button: $26.52 (Hero)SB: $32.65 BB: $36.17 UTG: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with Jd.gif9h.gif (6 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB folds, BB calls $0.35Flop: ($1.30) 7h.gif6c.gifQc.gif (2 players)BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.60, BB calls $1.10Turn: ($4.50) As.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($4.50) Qh.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero checksHero showed Jd.gif9h.gif, and won ($4.28) with a pair of QueensBB mucked 4s.gif5d.gifHero won $4.28(Rake: $0.22)