New Challenge: Movin' On Up

If he's a straightforward player, I don't think it's worth calling the flop with 2nd pair after he calls your 3 bet preflop. I mean, sure, you got a great turn, but I don't think it's the right play on the flop. I much prefer a fold pre or just a call if you're going to take this line.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Maybe he's been listening to me. I don't think anyone can argue playing well in marginal spots is incredibly more profitable.
TBH I think it's the *only* way to be profitable online anymore... if you don't get into many marginal spots and all your plays are 100% obvious you're playing so tight that you'll need rakeback to profit longterm

Played the $1 fergeson tourney on FTP as I was going to be up late e-railing the WSOP and I just stone bubbled the FT; 10th out of 2023 for a smooth $21... sighAnd pocktdeuces ships the bracelet!!!!!!

TBH I think it's the *only* way to be profitable online anymore... if you don't get into many marginal spots and all your plays are 100% obvious you're playing so tight that you'll need rakeback to profit longterm
I understand the importance of marginal situations. I'm talking about the phrase "printing money"
I did consider c/f the flop... but I am a station who wanted to call and c/f the turn :club:
Would you c/f A-5? They effectively have the same value... tho KQ has more redraw against his value range.I think c-c here with 10's+ is fairly standard... I'd only consider c/ring something like JJ or KT.And yes, unimproved you can easily c/f to another barrel, on both streets.
I def. 3b bigger with the SB in there.I guess I kinda see how the flop is standard as c/r is only folding worse (most likely), and getting called/raised by better (definitely). Did you ever consider c/f? What was your plan when you c/c the flop? A 10 is obviously the best card to come, but would you get paid? The Q (imo) is probably the 2nd best card, and even then I don't know if you can be too happy about it.All that aside, since we're at where we are, I probably just take the passive route and c/c the turn and river.If he checks back the turn, then a b/f on the river seems right (unless you have a really good read). Most players love to check back the turn when they fill up.
If it bricks on the river, and you bet and get raised, do you fold here most of the time? I think this is the biggest leak in my game right now...paying off when i have a really good, but not great hand...i would check the turn, and then bet river, and knowing me, pay off a sizeable raise hoping i'm up against a/k or a bluff...i always get that feeling i get value raised too light/bluff raised online too much
If it bricks on the river, and you bet and get raised, do you fold here most of the time? I think this is the biggest leak in my game right now...paying off when i have a really good, but not great hand...i would check the turn, and then bet river, and knowing me, pay off a sizeable raise hoping i'm up against a/k or a bluff...i always get that feeling i get value raised too light/bluff raised online too much
Yes.In that particular hand, if villain checks back the turn, it's either with a hand he wants to get to showdown or a full house.And most people don't bluff raise the river, at least in my experience.
Rootbeer?
:)That's what I was going to say.Ideally, we want to be able to bet/3bet the flop...so any bet that will be most likely to accomplish that is the bet we want to make.
:)That's what I was going to say.Ideally, we want to be able to bet/3bet the flop...so any bet that will be most likely to accomplish that is the bet we want to make.
I decided to craivillain snap called with LOL J9oI quadded up on the turn
i always get that feeling i get value raised too light/bluff raised online too much
Apparently. =)I suppose pre-flop and turn are fine, but I think you're going to have a tough time making this flop call against me profitable.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Converted by a herd of feral cowsHEM/Full Tilt NL Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersBB Steny1: $33.75 UTG slcseas: $152.60 UTG+1 Bleed-Out: $45.75 MP Nuts888A: $69.50 MP2 kugolfer: $69.85 HJ shynepo33: $117.60 CO Hero: $122.60 Button MattyG89: $81.15 SB willnotbetilt: $35.05 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with :ts: :5c: (9 players)4 folds, shynepo33 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, 3 folds, shynepo33 calls $3.50Flop: ($10.75) :qh: :D: :jh: (2 players)shynepo33 checks, Hero bets $6.00, shynepo33 calls $6.00Turn: ($22.75) :D: (2 players)shynepo33 checks, Hero bets $13.00, shynepo33 calls $13.00River: ($48.75) :D: (2 players)shynepo33 checks, Hero checksHero showed :4h: :3h:, shynepo33 showed :club:: :D:, Hero won $46.35
Apparently. =)I suppose pre-flop and turn are fine, but I think you're going to have a tough time making this flop call against me profitable.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Converted by a herd of feral cowsHEM/Full Tilt NL Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersBB Steny1: $33.75 UTG slcseas: $152.60 UTG+1 Bleed-Out: $45.75 MP Nuts888A: $69.50 MP2 kugolfer: $69.85 HJ shynepo33: $117.60 CO Hero: $122.60 Button MattyG89: $81.15 SB willnotbetilt: $35.05 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with :ts: :5c: (9 players)4 folds, shynepo33 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, 3 folds, shynepo33 calls $3.50Flop: ($10.75) :qh: :D: :jh: (2 players)shynepo33 checks, Hero bets $6.00, shynepo33 calls $6.00Turn: ($22.75) :D: (2 players)shynepo33 checks, Hero bets $13.00, shynepo33 calls $13.00River: ($48.75) :D: (2 players)shynepo33 checks, Hero checksHero showed :4h: :3h:, shynepo33 showed :club:: :D:, Hero won $46.35
I had a feeling that was you...i'm not really at that level (or even at 25nl level), but i've been trying to clear bonus, and figure higher rush limits would do it...i see that you were multitabling like 4 tables of 50nl rush right? that's crazy to me...i should have folded the flop? or cbet? how would you have played it? i was going to 3bet that turn, and shove river...but i decided against it...it probalby would have worked right?
I had a feeling that was you...i'm not really at that level (or even at 25nl level), but i've been trying to clear bonus, and figure higher rush limits would do it...i see that you were multitabling like 4 tables of 50nl rush right? that's crazy to me...i should have folded the flop? or cbet? how would you have played it? i was going to 3bet raise that turn, and shove river...but i decided against it...it probalby would have worked right?
Preflop, I fold or 4b AQs oop vs a reg, especially at FR (nit-fest)Really gonna be hard to play oop vs a good opponent imo
Preflop, I fold or 4b AQs oop vs a reg, especially at FR (nit-fest)Really gonna be hard to play oop vs a good opponent imo
yeah, i meant raise...and i forgot he 3bet pre...yeah, should have came over the top...i dont know why i peeled on the flop...didnt have a choice anymore on turn...
June goals:Try and cut out the retarded stuff and play with more confidence as I'm not aggressive enough post flop. Aim for 20k hands and hope the world cup doesn't screw my volume too much. Would be nice to be ready for 25NL by the end of the month.
So June didn't go so great.June.jpgThe world cup meant I didn't hit 20k hands, I also slowed down playing when I hit the the low point this month and moved down to 5NL for a little bit.47.63 profit over 16224 hands 32.02 rake back total 79.69July goals:Get back to 20k hands for the month now the world cup is in it's final stages.Make profits imo.

Good come back for 2nd half of month QED...This month was definitly better than last month. Instead of losing 1/4 of my bankroll I only lost $10. Had to drop down to 5NL, to figure out what I was doing wrong. Feeling better about my game the last few days, feeling more confident. Very excited about July!Kosin Trouble

The month started off extremely well at 25NL. After that it was kind of up and down, but I maintained a good profit throughout, and cashed out a little bit. Then I hit some downswing for about the last 1800 hands, and lost almost everything I made. Pretty sure I also played some hands really bad, which is making me go back to 10NL for at least the 1st half of July.Just want to work out some fundemental flaws.

June: Went to vegas and had a lot of fun, met a lot of great people. Didn't play much poker all month :club: But I feel ready to grind in July.Picture1-16.pngOnline cash: $234 (25nl)RB/Bonus: $64Live: $0Total: $300So really lame volume online but I ran really well and I think I played well. Live poker in Vegas was meh... played two venetians and busted in pretty standard spots (JJ<AK aipf & AT < A9cc on TXXcc) But i won a bunch at the home game to offset the donkamentsJuly goals:12k hands at 25nlTake shots at 50nl if I am playing wellWatch a few videos and post some hands

June:cash games (50nl and 100nl) : -$113 I put in a lot of volume this month (49k hands) and it started out awesome as I was up a little more than $1k after the first 10k hands or so. I lost it all back of course but at least I a made a lot of fpps. tourneys: +$514 I played some tourneys as well this month and managed to pulll a profit thanks mostly to binking a $4.40 1r+1a for $823. July Goals:- Continue grinding and working on my game. - post some hands- spend more time studying the game and watching videos rather than always playing

Looks good QED. How close to 25NL? I keep telling people this, but seriously, 25NL is much softer than 10NL.
Depends how much you believe in bankroll management :club: My roll is spread over tilt and stars, I have nearly enough for 12 buy ins on tilt and I'll probably take a 2 buy in shot at 25NL once I hit that level. I can't get much going on stars though, 10NL there just seems uber nit/reg infested.
I had a feeling that was you...i'm not really at that level (or even at 25nl level), but i've been trying to clear bonus, and figure higher rush limits would do it...i see that you were multitabling like 4 tables of 50nl rush right? that's crazy to me...i should have folded the flop? or cbet? how would you have played it? i was going to 3bet that turn, and shove river...but i decided against it...it probalby would have worked right?
It's kind of a tough spot pre-flop considering how deep we are. Raise/calling is probably okay...though I might tend to raise/4bet/fold depending on what I thought of the player. I think usually once you get to that flop, you need to usually c/f or maybe occasionally c/r. Once you've c/ced the flop, c/ring that turn would be an all-star play since it'd look so strong...and it'd probably force me to fold anything worse than a set. The one difficulty with c/ring the turn is my sizing will make that sizing a bit awkward.