New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Why would A7 raise the turn...it's basically raising a gutshot on a very coordinated board. That happens rarely. If Q7s is going to raise this turn, then I'd expect it also to bet the flop (same goes for most/all flushdraws). I can see him minraising Ah7h, ok, but that's just one combination.
Wouldn't raise with A7 Spades, nut flush draw? Yes, If I was Villain then I would assume after hero 3-bet my min-raise then the gut shot possibly be no good, but if I still had the flush draw, flatting for $3 is a bad play? Now that I look back at it again, I guess A7 spades would be out because why not bet the flop OP with that?? I know you are right, just trying to learn because it seems my reading on this hand is really bad. Sorry to drag this hand out, but I am really curious now to find out what villain had if hero made the call. Did villain have 67 the whole way and just slowplayed it???
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

I think I'm okay with flatting pre flop, not really sure I'm getting shoved on by anything other than KK/AA and AK as 3 bettor is std. tagish player.Flop is where I'm really concerned. Should I raise for value, or just call and re-eval on the turn? Villain makes a pretty standard close to 1/2 pot size bet.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($29.40)Button ($30.52)SB ($21.95)Hero (BB) ($25.35)UTG ($24.65)MP ($42.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with Q :ts, Q :club:3 folds, Button bets $0.75, SB raises to $3, Hero calls $2.75, 1 foldFlop: ($6.75) J :5c, 8 :4h, 3 :3h(2 players)SB bets $3, Hero
Stats or anything on the villain? If villain is competent this underbet kind of reeks of a bet/3bet line... most likely holding being jacks / nfd... in which case I like flattingIf villian is a tard make it $9 and call shove
Here's the turnTurn: ($12.75) 7 :qh(2 players)SB bets $7.25, Hero
You're being priced in. Calling down is ok, but know very often you're intentionally being priced in.
but 4b pre imo
cold 4betting is terrible regardless of holding imo
Anyone else taking a beating from hands that get all the $ in behind on CEREUS? It is not to be believed what I have seen.
It is to be believed... ran $500 under ev in a 2 week span in May on AP at 25NL. Said fork you and left
It is to be believed... ran $500 under ev in a 2 week span in May on AP at 25NL. Said fork you and left
Don't play against Russ Hamilton's accounts imo.

donk bet 3 barrel bluffs ahoy!feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 9 playersMP: $10.00 MP2: $4.00 HJ: $11.73 (Hero)CO: $17.69 Button: $13.84 SB: $14.37 BB: $11.78 UTG: $11.28 UTG+1: $13.83 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is HJ with :ts:3h (9 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB foldsFlop: ($0.70) :4h:club::jh (3 players)SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40Turn: ($1.70) :qh (3 players)SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $1.60, SB calls $1.50River: ($4.90) :5c (3 players)SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $4.35, SB foldsHero won $4.76(Rake: $0.34)

donk bet 3 barrel bluffs ahoy!feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 9 playersMP: $10.00 MP2: $4.00 HJ: $11.73 (Hero)CO: $17.69 Button: $13.84 SB: $14.37 BB: $11.78 UTG: $11.28 UTG+1: $13.83 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is HJ with :ts:3h (9 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB foldsFlop: ($0.70) :4h:club::jh (3 players)SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40Turn: ($1.70) :qh (3 players)SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $1.60, SB calls $1.50River: ($4.90) :5c (3 players)SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $4.35, SB foldsHero won $4.76(Rake: $0.34)
nhmaybe raise a little more on the flop, but your sizing isn't terrible, so it can go either way.
This thread is still alive?I thought you'd all be busto!I kid. I kid.
ive tried to busto myself a few times
hud
nhmaybe raise a little more on the flop, but your sizing isn't terrible, so it can go either way.
When dudes donk the min, i normally just raise to what I'd c-bet or 1bb more... so I like .5 there but .6 would be fine for sure...And... weeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I think he expertly played every street and I am such a lucky donk ;)Babs and I did have thoughts on turn bet sizing bc I had the intention of bet/folding... wug thoughts??feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB Xhou_: $25.45 UTG bring_the_rukus: $26.03 UTG+1 Guapa Dollars: $27.53 CO Meton1982: $25.22 Button Kodamon: $25.00 SB Hero: $25.10 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with As.gifAd.gif (6 players)2 folds, Meton1982 raises to $0.50, Kodamon folds, Hero raises to $2.75, Xhou_ folds, Meton1982 calls $2.25Flop: ($5.75) Qd.gif8s.gif2h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $3.75, Meton1982 calls $3.75Turn: ($13.25) Qc.gif (2 players)Hero bets $7.25, Meton1982 calls $7.25River: ($27.75) Ac.gif (2 players)Hero bets $11.35, and is all in, Meton1982 calls $11.35Meton1982 mucked Js.gifQs.gifHero showed As.gifAd.gif, and won ($48.03) with a full house, Aces full of QueensHero won $48.03(Rake: $2.52)
And... weeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I think he expertly played every street and I am such a lucky donk ;)Babs and I did have thoughts on turn bet sizing bc I had the intention of bet/folding... wug thoughts??feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB Xhou_: $25.45 UTG bring_the_rukus: $26.03 UTG+1 Guapa Dollars: $27.53 CO Meton1982: $25.22 Button Kodamon: $25.00 SB Hero: $25.10 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with As.gifAd.gif (6 players)2 folds, Meton1982 raises to $0.50, Kodamon folds, Hero raises to $2.75, Xhou_ folds, Meton1982 calls $2.25Flop: ($5.75) Qd.gif8s.gif2h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $3.75, Meton1982 calls $3.75Turn: ($13.25) Qc.gif (2 players)Hero bets $7.25, Meton1982 calls $7.25River: ($27.75) Ac.gif (2 players)Hero bets $11.35, and is all in, Meton1982 calls $11.35Meton1982 mucked Js.gifQs.gifHero showed As.gifAd.gif, and won ($48.03) with a full house, Aces full of QueensHero won $48.03(Rake: $2.52)
omgz don't post reulstxanyways. flop bet is good. and when the Q peels off, bet/fold is prob the right line, seeing as how he's never raising on that board with anything you beat with the exception of a few bluffs, but he may still peel one off with 10s or Js maybe. the sizing is okay imo, usually if i know i'm bet folding, my sizing is right around 1/2 pot. and i would think it's a c/f on the river assuming you don't hit your 2 outer, or he gives you really good odds.
omgz don't post reulstxanyways. flop bet is good. and when the Q peels off, bet/fold is prob the right line, seeing as how he's never raising on that board with anything you beat with the exception of a few bluffs, but he may still peel one off with 10s or Js maybe. the sizing is okay imo, usually if i know i'm bet folding, my sizing is right around 1/2 pot. and i would think it's a c/f on the river assuming you don't hit your 2 outer, or he gives you really good odds.
yeah, it means it's just a brag post with mild strategic content...but I like everything else you pointed out... I think I'd bet 6.75 if I did it again.. save those extra 2bbs when I b/f
yeah, it means it's just a brag post with mild strategic content...but I like everything else you pointed out... I think I'd bet 6.75 if I did it again.. save those extra 2bbs when I b/f
true, the results comment was only meant in jest : )i think more than half the hands we post in here have results anyways.
i think more than half the hands we post in here have results anyways.
98% of mine... this is my personal BBV thread ldoBBV... I mean if I wanted strat advice I don't think I'd come here I'd post a strat hand with reads/stats and without results

thoughts??PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($28.85)BB ($25.75)UTG ($25.48)MP ($27.95)Button ($38.20)Preflop: Hero is SB with Adiamond.gif, Kspade.gif3 folds, Hero bets $0.75, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($1.50) Qdiamond.gif, 9heart.gif, Aspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.25, BB raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.25Turn: ($8.50) 7club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB checksRiver: ($8.50) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $5, 1 foldTotal pot: $8.50 | Rake: $0.42

thoughts??PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($28.85)BB ($25.75)UTG ($25.48)MP ($27.95)Button ($38.20)Preflop: Hero is SB with Adiamond.gif, Kspade.gif3 folds, Hero bets $0.75, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($1.50) Qdiamond.gif, 9heart.gif, Aspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.25, BB raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.25Turn: ($8.50) 7club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB checksRiver: ($8.50) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $5, 1 foldTotal pot: $8.50 | Rake: $0.42
When he checks back the turn he's often got air/gutterball/JT... I don't think this is a weaker Ax hand often enough to demand a river vbet...Although, if you're going to bet, I do like a $1 inducer... and the random pp's that pretended to have flopped a set will often cry / look up
98% of mine... this is my personal BBV thread ldoBBV... I mean if I wanted strat advice I don't think I'd come here I'd post a strat hand with reads/stats and without results
Phuck u too :club:
When he checks back the turn he's often got air/gutterball/JT... I don't think this is a weaker Ax hand often enough to demand a river vbet...Although, if you're going to bet, I do like a $1 inducer... and the random pp's that pretended to have flopped a set will often cry / look up
Yeah, I like c/c also... good advice NA... maybe I should come here for strat :ts
Phuck u too :club:
or not...
I tried to go busto this month but the world cup has really cut down my play time so it's been hard to fully donk off my roll :club:
River bet is fine
yeah, we have top top on an uncoordinated board I think it comes down to table dynamic and like all poker questions, it depends on villain/situation etc... but I think when we check the turn and river, we "give the green light" for villain to take a stab... which a lot of micro villains do...I think either is fine but I lean toward checking bc when villain raises flop and checks back turn... he's got the air ball and I want to induce a bluff dammit
I am well on my way thats for sure... had bankroll up to 485... down to just under 300... I keep this up I have about another 2months left. I just dont know what I'm doing wrong anymore...Kosin Trouble
yeah, we have top top on an uncoordinated board I think it comes down to table dynamic and like all poker questions, it depends on villain/situation etc... but I think when we check the turn and river, we "give the green light" for villain to take a stab... which a lot of micro villains do...I think either is fine but I lean toward checking bc when villain raises flop and checks back turn... he's got the air ball and I want to induce a bluff dammit
I agree that checking back will most likely entice a bluff from villian, but the only thing I am wondering about is what if he bets pot, or just over pot. Would we have to consider him hitting two pair? Does he possibly have trips? Or is he big enough fish that those are a small part of his range? Kosin Trouble
I agree that checking back will most likely entice a bluff from villian, but the only thing I am wondering about is what if he bets pot, or just over pot. Would we have to consider him hitting two pair? Does he possibly have trips? Or is he big enough fish that those are a small part of his range? Kosin Trouble
Yeah, the bigger he bets the more polarized he is... and it's hard to make the nuts and it's stupid to check the nuts on the turn... so if he bets pot or more... snap it off