New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Hey all,New to the site 10NL FR grinder takeing a shot at 25NL. Hope to find some good stuff on the site. :club:
which site and do u use a tracker?

StatsH 27VP 90-85CB 50 / Fold CB 45 (fit or fold post flop)PFR 7 (min raises only)Check / raise 12AF 0.7Post flopcalling Station with any draw or pairPassive / weakTable is tight not a lot of 3 betting and Squeezing going on out side of me.I had been raising his limps preflop a lot up till now and taking the pot away post flop. He loves to limp preflop.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.comBB ($25)UTG ($31.80)Hero (UTG+1) ($23.50)MP1 ($31.45)MP2 ($36)MP3 ($30.55)CO ($25)Button ($25.45)SB ($25)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5spade.gif, 5diamond.gifUTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.50, 1 fold, Button calls $0.50, 1 fold, BB calls $0.25Flop: ($3.10) Aspade.gif, 5heart.gif, Kspade.gif(6 players)BB checks, UTG bets $0.75, Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, UTG calls $2.25Turn: ($9.10) Kdiamond.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG raises to $8, Hero raises to $20 (All-In), UTG calls $12River: ($49.10) 10spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Results:UTG had Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif (full house, Aces over Kings).Hero mucked 5spade.gif, 5diamond.gif (full house, fives over Kings).Outcome: UTG won $46.70The raise on the flop is bigger then normal because he will pay it off light. I made this small bet on the turn because I thought he was getting sick of me and would spazz and shove or raise light. I think I messed up because his range for raising is so narrow. Thoughts??

im not folding.. and on flop i might raise maybe slightly more honestly.. u dont raise so he will call light.u raise to protect against FD's, also to get him to call with an A.i would prob raise flop to about 3.50

Until I figure out how to convert. What do we think about this play.Heads Up Blinds .10/.20 Only piece of information is that villain has re-raised my min-raise out of position the last 3x.Hero - $45~Villain - $25~Hero is in the SB with Ks3h. Hero raises to .50. Villain reraises to $1.50. Hero callsFlop J 2 3 all spades.Villain bets 2.25 Hero raises to 6.75. Villain goes all in for $22 more. Hero?I would like to know what everyone thinks on my bet sizing on the reraise also.
Fold pre to the 3-bet. K3o is really trashy to be defending against 3-bets. If you're going to play it, I think you should 4-bet it.Also, no major reason to raise the flop. Flat and see what happens.
PS
Probably the absolute worst site to be playing on for low stakes cash...mid stakes cash it isn't terrible... and micro sngs it's the best site... but low stakes cash you will get obliterated by not having RB and never accumulating enough points to take advantage of the VIPthe only exception is if you're going to jam bot the 50BB max tables... which I'd recommend if you can't get your roll off PS
StatsH 27VP 90-85CB 50 / Fold CB 45 (fit or fold post flop)PFR 7 (min raises only)Check / raise 12AF 0.7Post flopcalling Station with any draw or pairPassive / weakTable is tight not a lot of 3 betting and Squeezing going on out side of me.I had been raising his limps preflop a lot up till now and taking the pot away post flop. He loves to limp preflop.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.comBB ($25)UTG ($31.80)Hero (UTG+1) ($23.50)MP1 ($31.45)MP2 ($36)MP3 ($30.55)CO ($25)Button ($25.45)SB ($25)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5spade.gif, 5diamond.gifUTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.50, 1 fold, Button calls $0.50, 1 fold, BB calls $0.25Flop: ($3.10) Aspade.gif, 5heart.gif, Kspade.gif(6 players)BB checks, UTG bets $0.75, Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, UTG calls $2.25Turn: ($9.10) Kdiamond.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG raises to $8, Hero raises to $20 (All-In), UTG calls $12River: ($49.10) 10spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Results:UTG had Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif (full house, Aces over Kings).Hero mucked 5spade.gif, 5diamond.gif (full house, fives over Kings).Outcome: UTG won $46.70The raise on the flop is bigger then normal because he will pay it off light. I made this small bet on the turn because I thought he was getting sick of me and would spazz and shove or raise light. I think I messed up because his range for raising is so narrow. Thoughts??
trying to induce against someone with an AF of 0.7 is a mistake in almost all instances.
Probably the absolute worst site to be playing on for low stakes cash...mid stakes cash it isn't terrible... and micro sngs it's the best site... but low stakes cash you will get obliterated by not having RB and never accumulating enough points to take advantage of the VIPthe only exception is if you're going to jam bot the 50BB max tables... which I'd recommend if you can't get your roll off PS
Not to be a dick but you don't know what your talking about. I have over doubled my money with out the use of software. I just got HEM not that long ago.
Not to be a dick but you don't know what your talking about. I have over doubled my money with out the use of software. I just got HEM not that long ago.
LOL... oh ok. So your small experience playing on one site as an amateur trumps my vast experience playin on every single US friendly site for a living.Also, if I only doubled my original investment in poker... i'd have zero dollarsSo not to be a dick, but you're a results oriented fish who is thriving off of the minnows. Heed my advice and you'll increase your profits.Also, the phrase not to be a dick amuses me, because it means "I acknowledge that I'm about to be a total dick" :)but seriously... use HEM... look at that thing called MGR for all the hands you've played (hopefully you've been storing your hand histories). Now tell me which is greater, the bonuses you got from Stars or 27% of your MGR. I'd bet my br if you have a full db of all your hand histories it's the latter.
but seriously... use HEM... look at that thing called MGR for all the hands you've played (hopefully you've been storing your hand histories). Now tell me which is greater, the bonuses you got from Stars or 27% of your MGR. I'd bet my br if you have a full db of all your hand histories it's the latter.
What he says is true... I have 42 more points to get my final $10 from ps then I am going to move on over to ftp to get my Rake.. I mean KurtBack! Kosin Trouble
LOL... oh ok. So your small experience playing on one site as an amateur trumps my vast experience playin on every single US friendly site for a living.Also, if I only doubled my original investment in poker... i'd have zero dollarsSo not to be a dick, but you're a results oriented fish who is thriving off of the minnows. Heed my advice and you'll increase your profits.Also, the phrase not to be a dick amuses me, because it means "I acknowledge that I'm about to be a total dick" :)but seriously... use HEM... look at that thing called MGR for all the hands you've played (hopefully you've been storing your hand histories). Now tell me which is greater, the bonuses you got from Stars or 27% of your MGR. I'd bet my br if you have a full db of all your hand histories it's the latter.
**** offYour experience is so good that you don't even know that at 10NL or below the rake is next to nothing on stars dumb ass. Your such a pro who are you again? Your an ass hole that has his head up his ass. stars has rake back but your so smart you already knew that not. Also your wrong about the MGR I checked what a joke. Another dumb **** that can't beat the low limits so they think they have to play short or have rake back. What a wast of time. If you such a big time pro then why are you in the micro thread? I have played on more then one site. Yeah paying 0.10 in rake on a $3 pot is just killing my roll and Its not like I can use my PS points for $$$ or items. I would get so much rake back. I can see this is a wast of time so I'm moving on from the site. I feel sorry for anyone that listens to you.
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton hans170541: $8.68 SB LeandroJose_BR: $25.10 BB Hero: $26.30 UTG gridironfootbal: $11.86 UTG+1 PrnceOfThvs: $39.53 CO hoisington8: $14.81 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 8d.gif7d.gif (6 players)2 folds, hoisington8 raises to $0.75, hans170541 calls $0.75, LeandroJose_BR folds, Hero calls $0.50Flop: ($2.35) 5d.gif7h.gif8c.gif (3 players)Hero checks, hoisington8 bets $1.75, hans170541 folds, Hero raises to $4.25, hoisington8 calls $2.50Turn: ($10.85) Tc.gif (2 players)Hero bets $10.85, hoisington8 calls $9.81, and is all inRiver: ($30.47) Jh.gif (2 players)Hero showed 8d.gif7d.gif, and lost with two pair, Eights and Sevenshoisington8 showed 9d.gifJd.gif, and won ($28.95) with a straight, Jack highhoisington8 won $28.95(Rake: $1.52)Results aside, we cool with jamming the turn? Not the card I wanted to see, but I thought I'd get calls from a lot worse, especially over pairs and 9x combos.. and J9 :club:

Sigh... back to battle after dinner! Mexican food ftwferal_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersButton fouinny313: $16.45 SB hughesj1982: $10.55 BB FLOMASTER11: $27.27 UTG Elsoldadodelsol: $36.97 CO Hero: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Kd.gifTh.gif (5 players)Elsoldadodelsol folds, Hero raises to $0.75, fouinny313 calls $0.75, hughesj1982 calls $0.65, FLOMASTER11 calls $0.50Flop: ($3.00) Td.gif6d.gifTs.gif (4 players)hughesj1982 checks, FLOMASTER11 checks, Hero bets $1.50, fouinny313 folds, hughesj1982 raises to $9.80, and is all in, FLOMASTER11 calls $9.80, Hero raises to $24.25, and is all in, FLOMASTER11 calls $14.45Turn: ($61.30) 4c.gif (3 players)River: ($61.30) 8h.gif (3 players)hughesj1982 showed 9c.gifAc.gif, and lost with a pair of TensFLOMASTER11 showed 8c.gifTc.gif, and won ($58.30) with a full house, Tens full of EightsHero showed Kd.gifTh.gif, and lost with three of a kind, TensFLOMASTER11 won $58.30(Rake: $3)

lets calm down here guys.. this is for strat and stuff.. no need to get in a e-fightand poker student, not trying to attack u, but ninja ace is an accomplished winner at microstakes poker.although i dont agree with all his advice, he generally knows what he is talking about.

**** offYour experience is so good that you don't even know that at 10NL or below the rake is next to nothing on stars dumb ass. Your such a pro who are you again? Your an ass hole that has his head up his ass. stars has rake back but your so smart you already knew that not. Also your wrong about the MGR I checked what a joke. Another dumb **** that can't beat the low limits so they think they have to play short or have rake back. What a wast of time. If you such a big time pro then why are you in the micro thread? I have played on more then one site. I can see this is a wast of time so I'm moving on from the site. I feel sorry for anyone that listens to you.
Actually the rake at any site is stupid high at microstakes... The fact is you get a good chunk of it back with rakeback. Sadly, Pokerstars does not have rakeback, they have thier VIP system which unless you are Nova level or higher it cannot match the money you get back from a rakeback site.Just because someone makes a living at poker does not mean he is a well known person like the ones you see on TV. There are thousands of people that make a living playing poker and who are not famous. The reason he is in this forum is because he just might be friends with a bunch of the people that post here in this thread. Kosin Trouble
Actually the rake at any site is stupid high at microstakes... The fact is you get a good chunk of it back with rakeback. Sadly, Pokerstars does not have rakeback, they have thier VIP system which unless you are Nova level or higher it cannot match the money you get back from a rakeback site.Just because someone makes a living at poker does not mean he is a well known person like the ones you see on TV. There are thousands of people that make a living playing poker and who are not famous. The reason he is in this forum is because he just might be friends with a bunch of the people that post here in this thread. Kosin Trouble
You only need to be a silver star (2nd lowest) to get rake back through their system. I would hate to see what you think is high then because $0.10 out of $3 is very low. Don't ever play live then.
You only need to be a silver star (2nd lowest) to get rake back through their system. I would hate to see what you think is high then because $0.10 out of $3 is very low. Don't ever play live then.
Pokerstars is actually .05 per $1 in the pot to a max of $3 in No Limit games with 6-9 players. So if you shove your $10 thats $1 that goes to the rake(if villian calls shove). So yes I do consider that a fair amount.Because I am currently at ps, I am curious on what you mean by you can qualify for rakeback once you hit silver.Kosin Trouble
Their VIP is not rakeback... it's a bonus system. And you'll get about 5-10% at silverstar... and it will take a while to get even the 5000pt $50 bonus. You pretty much need to be supernova or supernova elite to actually beat out the rakeback systems at other sites.AP/UB is probably your best bet... since you aren't playing high enough yet to get destroyed the extra rake at their BBJ tables, you can get 30% RB... you have basically unlimited albeit slowly releasing bonus dollars, and their points are pretty much worth a penny per point with the point exchange, since it's unlikely you put enough volume in a month to max it out.FT is your next best bet bc you get weekly RB at 27%, which can help give you that extra umph to take a shot higher a fortnight earlier. The action is pretty decent at the micros although you'll have to table select a little bit.And actually, since the rake has a cap in dollar amounts, not percentage, rake hurts the most in the micros. You need to be playing at at least $50NL before you start seeing a significant rake reduction due to the cap.p.s. if you're going to try to make me look like an ass then at least get your grade school grammar down
Sigh... back to battle after dinner! Mexican food ftwferal_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersButton fouinny313: $16.45 SB hughesj1982: $10.55 BB FLOMASTER11: $27.27 UTG Elsoldadodelsol: $36.97 CO Hero: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Kd.gifTh.gif (5 players)Elsoldadodelsol folds, Hero raises to $0.75, fouinny313 calls $0.75, hughesj1982 calls $0.65, FLOMASTER11 calls $0.50Flop: ($3.00) Td.gif6d.gifTs.gif (4 players)hughesj1982 checks, FLOMASTER11 checks, Hero bets $1.50, fouinny313 folds, hughesj1982 raises to $9.80, and is all in, FLOMASTER11 calls $9.80, Hero raises to $24.25, and is all in, FLOMASTER11 calls $14.45Turn: ($61.30) 4c.gif (3 players)River: ($61.30) 8h.gif (3 players)hughesj1982 showed 9c.gifAc.gif, and lost with a pair of TensFLOMASTER11 showed 8c.gifTc.gif, and won ($58.30) with a full house, Tens full of EightsHero showed Kd.gifTh.gif, and lost with three of a kind, TensFLOMASTER11 won $58.30(Rake: $3)
How do you re-shove with only 2nd kicker there you donk :-pI bet you were expecting running aces when the cards were flipped