New Challenge: Movin' On Up

It was also a painful reminder of one of the things I found most annoying about playing regular cash: the time and effort that goes into table selection, looking for tables that aren't dominated by 1/3-1/2 stackers, waiting for a seat...
try starting tables.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

NO LIMIT EIGHT OR BETTER.note: this is a ploy for James to get our mailing addresses.
Do some kind of HORSE tourny or something. I would sign up on fulltilt if needed to be part of that!Kosin Trouble
Yeah... make sure you sign up for rakeback before you put any money on fulltilt!!!!Well, I think NLO8 would be epic... so I'll figure something out soon. Also, I know KT doesn't have FTP and Trystero, you don't have stars? is that correct?
You wait for seats at 10nl?
If the tables I want to play at are full, yes I put my name down on the waiting list. Doesn't usually take too long but still. I don't start tables because then I have to play shorthanded until it fills (I play full ring) and I have no control over who sits down. I just got spoiled by the instant action of Rush. You log in, start playing immediately, don't have to worry about tables breaking up or getting surrounded by shorties, and can play several hundred hands 2-tabling for 45 minutes.I'm going to try 3 tables tonight and see if it gives me enough action.

Here is a hand with the table chat comment of the day so far:feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 9 playersButton: $6.52 SB: $3.25 BB: $5.35 (Hero)UTG: $5.01 UTG+1: $7.08 MP: $5.50 MP2: $3.37 HJ: $1.89 CO: $4.95 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with :4h:D (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls $0.45Flop: ($1.27) :D:3h:qh (2 players)UTG+1 checks, CO bets $1.05, UTG+1 calls $1.05Turn: ($3.37) :ts (2 players)UTG+1 checks, CO bets $2.50, UTG+1 raises to $5, CO calls $0.80, and is all inRiver: ($9.97) :D (2 players)UTG+1 showed :jh:D, and lost with a pair of EightsCO showed :5c:club:, and won ($9.31) with two pair, Kings and EightsCO won $9.31(Rake: $0.66) UTG +1: Thought you were deeper stacked. put you on K's or A's

If the tables I want to play at are full, yes I put my name down on the waiting list. Doesn't usually take too long but still. I don't start tables because then I have to play shorthanded until it fills (I play full ring) and I have no control over who sits down. I just got spoiled by the instant action of Rush. You log in, start playing immediately, don't have to worry about tables breaking up or getting surrounded by shorties, and can play several hundred hands 2-tabling for 45 minutes.
Yup...Rush = crack. My MO lately has been to start normal 6-max tables. If I win money and the table fills up, I stay if it's good. If I lose money and the table fills up (and isn't exceptionally good), I leave. I also throw in a table or two of 6-max Rush to keep the juices flowing.

Back to back vs one guy; he's a -3BB/100 loser at 10nl over 250k hands, but this was just life tilt I guess:feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG+1: $6.00 CO: $4.89 Button: $11.56 (Hero)SB: $10.00 BB: $15.53 UTG: $15.94 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is Button with 8d.gif8s.gif (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.65Flop: ($1.95) 8h.gifQc.gif3s.gif (3 players)BB bets $1, Hero calls $1Turn: ($3.95) 2c.gif (3 players)BB bets $13.58, and is all in, Hero calls $9.61, and is all inRiver: ($23.17) Tc.gif (3 players)Hero showed 8d.gif8s.gif, and won ($21.63) with three of a kind, EightsBB showed Ks.gifQs.gif, and lost with a pair of QueensHero won $21.63(Rake: $1.54)

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG: $6.00 UTG+1: $4.89 CO: $21.63 (Hero)Button: $10.00 SB: $10.00 BB: $15.94 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with Qd.gifKd.gif (6 players)UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, Button folds, SB raises to $1, BB folds, Hero calls $0.70Flop: ($2.10) 7c.gifQc.gif8c.gif (3 players)SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10Turn: ($4.30) 6h.gif (3 players)SB bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30River: ($8.90) Qh.gif (3 players)SB bets $5.60, and is all in, Hero calls $5.60Hero showed Qd.gifKd.gif, and won ($18.76) with three of a kind, QueensSB showed 8s.gifKs.gif, and lost with two pair, Queens and EightsHero won $18.76(Rake: $1.34)

Also, <3 SH and Babs. We had a great night of sweats, graf reviews, robot unicorn and me getting dealt a pocket pair every other handRIP NOV 09... respeck

Hero showed Qd.gifKd.gif, and won ($18.76) with three of a kind, QueensSB showed 8s.gifKs.gif, and lost with two pair, Queens and EightsHero won $18.76(Rake: $1.34)
Seriously, this is a good reason why you should move up.
I'm loving the deeeeeeeeeeeep tables on stars :club:
I tried one for a bit last night, but those ante's although not very much were hurting me. More because I have not played a lot of ante games other than tourny'sKosin Trouble

sighferal_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 ante $0.05 - 4 playersSB: $62.40 BB: $21.55 UTG: $82.65 (Hero)Button: $50.00 Preflop: ($0.55) Hero is UTG with Ad.gifAh.gif (4 players)Hero raises to $1, Button raises to $3.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $12, Button calls $8.25Flop: ($24.55) 4h.gif4s.gif5h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $12, Button raises to $37.95 and is all-in, Hero calls $25.95Turn: ($100.45) Qd.gif (2 players)River: ($100.45) Kd.gif (2 players)Hero showed Ad.gifAh.gif, and lost with two pair, Aces and FoursButton showed Kh.gifKs.gif, and won ($98.45) with a full house, Kings full of FoursButton won $98.45(Rake: $2)

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG: $6.00 UTG+1: $4.89 CO: $21.63 (Hero)Button: $10.00 SB: $10.00 BB: $15.94 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with Qd.gifKd.gif (6 players)UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, Button folds, SB raises to $1, BB folds, Hero calls $0.70Flop: ($2.10) 7c.gifQc.gif8c.gif (3 players)SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10Turn: ($4.30) 6h.gif (3 players)SB bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30River: ($8.90) Qh.gif (3 players)SB bets $5.60, and is all in, Hero calls $5.60Hero showed Qd.gifKd.gif, and won ($18.76) with three of a kind, QueensSB showed 8s.gifKs.gif, and lost with two pair, Queens and EightsHero won $18.76(Rake: $1.34)
I'm not crazy about just calling the flop since he could be donking with a big club (or any club) in his hand. Raise flop?

Dude was crazy Russian monkey tilting. I like letting him aggro off his pair of eights.If an ace of club rolls off we have a choice to make but through the small sample he was like 24/16 and 3betting like 50% or whatever.Sadly he settled down after this second stack which really sucked bc I picked up AA and KK shortly after and he didn't 3bet me anymore :club:

hey suckas, the hot new thing around town is to get as low a score as possiblelowc.png
Now this is more up my alley!!Also... soooo close to being done with tax season!!!!Should we aim for this weekend for the NLO8 robot unicorn shirt tourney??
Dude was crazy Russian monkey tilting. I like letting him aggro off his pair of eights.
Which means he could be holding any single club. What happens if you call this flop and another club falls on the turn?
Which means he could be holding any single club. What happens if you call this flop and another club falls on the turn?
We fold
we happily fold? it's a 3bet pot and his range here is quite strong, we don't want to fold out his bluffs and we're only flipping against the naked Ac anyway
Actually, we happily foldThis is one of those spots where I used to **** up, too. When we raise here on the flop, we fold out all his air and we really only get called by hands which have us beat/flipping