New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

to compensate for my BBV whining, I'll say that I do occasionally sip the patented RunGood Juice.8c one time though?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($23.21)SB ($53.46)Hero (BB) ($25.35)UTG ($27.99)MP ($28.26)CO ($23.06)Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 :4h, J :5c4 folds, SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.25Flop: ($1) 2 :ts, 6 :3h, 7 :qh(2 players)SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50Turn: ($5) 4 :jh(2 players)SB bets $1, Hero raises to $6, SB calls $5River: ($17) J :club:(2 players)SB bets $1.25, Hero raises to $16.85 (All-In), SB calls $15.60Total pot: $50.70 | Rake: $2.53Results:SB had 10 :D, 9 :D (flush, ten high).Hero had 5 :D, J :D (flush, Jack high).Outcome: Hero won $48.17
i would only want the 8c if there was a bad beat jackpot involved.. just imo

there's a sick part of me that likes being brutally bad beaten. The worst I've ever taken is flopped boat in PLO (JJ on a Jh55 board) which lost to a runner-runner royal (KhQhTsSomeDangler)

feral_cow_icon.gifThis converter is going to be a cash cow...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 8 playersSB: $1.86 BB: $3.44 (Hero)UTG: $2.00 UTG+1: $2.00 MP: $1.98 undefined: $1.51 HJ: $1.94 CO: $2.15 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with :club::ts (8 players)2 folds, MP raises to $0.08, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.32, MP calls $0.24Flop: ($0.65) :4h:3h:qh (2 players)Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50Turn: ($1.65) :5c (2 players)Hero bets $2.62, and is all in, MP calls $1.16, and is all inLine check. Should i push on the flop instead, getting it all-in as a favourite versus much of his holdings, including hands that won't necessarily pay me off if i hit on the turn (like nines)?

No I don't like shoving that flop for so much, it doesn't really matter at 2nl but you're never going to be doing this with a made hand. I'd prefer to check/shove the flop but I think betting is fine too.

No I don't like shoving that flop for so much, it doesn't really matter at 2nl but you're never going to be doing this with a made hand. I'd prefer to check/shove the flop but I think betting is fine too.
Wouldn't we be fine to get villain to call with a made hand knowing we have a flush draw and overcards to most of his hands?What i don't like about betting are the reverse implied odds. I'm gonna hit the turn less than 30% of the time so when i don't, the hand loses that much value and i'm stuck commiting myself on the turn as a underdog with next to no fold equity. And betting the flop without the intention to fire on the turn seems just as bad if not worst.I'd rather check-raise than simply open-push but i would hate it if villain checked behind and a blank came on the turn.

well that is the downside, but open pushing, like I said earlier. You're never open pushing aces or kings or whatever here, so you're gonna lose a ton of value with those hands because regs will realise that you don't have draws in your range here.

make on a joke on AIM that I'm about to hit a downswing, immediately lose w/ a flopped flush and then (stratwise, didn't notice we were $5 over 25, should've raised a bit more otf)Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($25)CO ($37.33)Button ($24.05)SB ($38.02)BB ($26.04)Hero (UTG) ($30.15)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3 :4h, 3 :jhHero bets $0.75, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50Flop: ($2.85) 3 :club:, 10 :D, 9 :D(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $2.25, Hero raises to $6.25, CO calls $4Turn: ($15.35) Q :5c(2 players)Hero bets $9.25, CO raises to $18.50, Hero raises to $22.65 (All-In), CO calls $4.15River: ($60.65) A :ts(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $60.65 | Rake: $3Results:Hero had 3 :3h, 3 :D (three of a kind, threes).CO had Q :D, Q :qh (three of a kind, Queens).Outcome: CO won $57.65FTP get off my AIM.

This was a really interesting spot, imo.Villain is a "reg", but a -7.5 BB/100 loser over 130k hands on PTR. I have him at 21/15/1.5 over 71 hands. He has only folded to 1 of 3 cbets and has a 0 3bet.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 4 playersButton PaNDoRa778: $10.25 SB Hero: $11.89 BB DaSpicyTunaRoll: $10.00 UTG confessorkahlan: $10.05 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Kd.gifKc.gif (4 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, DaSpicyTunaRoll calls $0.30Flop: ($0.80) 7h.gif8s.gifQd.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.55, DaSpicyTunaRoll raises to $1.95, Hero calls $1.40Turn: ($4.70) 5d.gif (2 players)Hero checks, DaSpicyTunaRoll checksRiver: ($4.70) Tc.gif (2 players)Hero bets $2.25,So preflop is pretty standard I think. The flop is a really good one for my hand; there isn't a flush draw and he can have a Q or a lot of different gut shots and stuff. So when he raises on this board I start to get nervous bc well we all know how ghey it is when we have KK and they have 77. That being said I think his value range is sets, AQ and 78.I think he can semibluff with 9T and a backdoor flush draw, and he can have some total airballs as well as "gabe kaplan raising to see if my Q is good" It is 10nl after all ;)I really liked the turn bc I don't think he has 69 here. I'm still drawing slim to sets, and ahead of his airballs by a lot, so I wanted to c/c turn and evaluate/call most rivers.After he checks back that turn, I thought that bet/folding is the best line for the river bc I can get value from AQ/Qx etc I went with 2.25 as the pot was 4.70 and his stack was 7.65, so he'd be shoving another 5.40 and I couldn't expect my hand to good.Thoughts all around??

"bets pot when checked to" and 27/9/inf through 11 handsferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersCO: $12.31 Button: $11.33 SB: $10.00 BB: $9.95 UTG: $16.26 (Hero)UTG+1: $14.08 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with Kd.gifKc.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Button calls $0.35, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.85) 9c.gif3d.gif3s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.50, Button calls $0.50Turn: ($1.85) 6d.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.75, Button calls $2River: ($7.35) 7h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $3.50, Button raises to $7.73, and is all in, Hero calls $4.23We cool?

vs an unknown: but 27/9/inf through 11 handsferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersCO: $12.31 Button: $11.33 SB: $10.00 BB: $9.95 UTG: $16.26 (Hero)UTG+1: $14.08 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with Kd.gifKc.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Button calls $0.35, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.85) 9c.gif3d.gif3s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.50, Button calls $0.50Turn: ($1.85) 6d.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.75, Button calls $2River: ($7.35) 7h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $3.50, Button raises to $7.73, and is all in, Hero calls $4.23We cool?
what was ur river size trying to accomplish? its like half pot.. if u shoved it would be right around pot size.. if u bet that to induce a spazzshove then i likey.

hand 1 is meh, you're giving him too many value hands here in his range, I may c/c river because it's a terrible river card for us and given he has a ton of nuts/air idk why we'd fold out the air.hand 2 why are we c/r the turn?

Why do you think he's got air/nuts? Air is of course possible, but I'd say he's basically Qx after he raises otf and then checks back on the turn. Granted we're dealing with 10nl donk logic, but once he checks the turn I think we can effectively remove monsters from his range.

what was ur river size trying to accomplish? its like half pot.. if u shoved it would be right around pot size.. if u bet that to induce a spazzshove then i likey.
I think it was designed for spazzo
hand 1 is meh, you're giving him too many value hands here in his range, I may c/c river because it's a terrible river card for us and given he has a ton of nuts/air idk why we'd fold out the air.hand 2 why are we c/r the turn?
Hand 2: Sorry I forgot that we do have a note on him... he had a tendency to "bet pot when checked to"
I think it was designed for spazzo
this

Never fear, Syntonic is here.mbn to get kings all the time.Hand 1: Yeah I've played against that guy in 50 and 25NL...maybe 100 too. I think I'm ok with it. He probably got weird with 89 suited. I think I prefer b/f to c/c but meh.Hand 2: ul to 6s fullPulled all nighter. I want to die.

Also, did any of your fish watch that DC baluga whale video? its really good. it's free. he normally chargers $500/hr for coaching
ahhhhh my eye balls... I didnt realize they had a free promo going last couple days, so last night i watched 6hours of video's while playing a table... So I might have watched that one, lol.The first two I watched were on stealing and 3betting. So last night i decided to attempt to apply some of the logic. Well all be damned if it didnt work, I admit I spazzed a few times just to see how far I could push a few people and paid the price. I should know if you push people too much its a bitch when they play back... lol. Usually I play around a 16vpip and 9pr with agression of 46... Last night over 100 hands I went 25/20/85 was up about 2 buy ins, then lost one due to nut flush < straight flushAnyways, thanks again for telling me about those video's, definitly going to sign up and watch them more regularly.Kosin Trouble
Can you remember which videos they were KT?
just tried looking for it, think the one about blind stealing is called "Ringside: NLFool (#2) - Stealing it All..." In your search if you choose, Any Series, no Limit holdem, Full Ring, any author, micro small stakes, any # tables it should be the first one that shows up in the list.They key thing that I noticed was not the cards he was stealing with, but what position he was in and what everyone else did either in the positions before him and how many people he had after him... It is a video of him 6 tabling and goes through a bunch of hands. I cant find the 3 betting one though.. I will keep looking and let you know.Kosin Trouble
Never fear, Syntonic is here.mbn to get kings all the time.Hand 1: Yeah I've played against that guy in 50 and 25NL...maybe 100 too. I think I'm ok with it. He probably got weird with 89 suited. I think I prefer b/f to c/c but meh.Hand 2: ul to 6s fullPulled all nighter. I want to die.
1st hand dude had QTs2nd hand dude had AQo and I pwndwhy;d you stay up all night?