New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Congrats, KT!I'm getting really down and I thought I'd end this downswing soon :club:feral_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 5 playersUTG dukeuc00: $18.16 CO LAA2009: $13.04 Button Hero: $11.31 SB bigmagic1: $11.05 BB jaysnojoke2001: $12.55 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is Button with 9h.gifTd.gif (5 players)dukeuc00 folds, LAA2009 raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1, bigmagic1 folds, jaysnojoke2001 calls $0.90, LAA2009 calls $0.65Flop: ($3.05) 3d.gif9c.gif9d.gif (3 players)jaysnojoke2001 bets $0.60, LAA2009 calls $0.60, Hero raises to $2.50, jaysnojoke2001 calls $1.90, LAA2009 raises to $4.40, Hero raises to $10.31, and is all in, jaysnojoke2001 folds, LAA2009 calls $5.91Turn: ($26.17) 5s.gif (2 players)River: ($26.17) Qs.gif (2 players)LAA2009 showed Js.gif9s.gif, and won ($24.43) with three of a kind, NinesHero showed 9h.gifTd.gif, and lost with three of a kind, NinesLAA2009 won $24.43(Rake: $1.74)

feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG+1 abriosi: $10.00 CO papi_power88: $11.64 Button cervetto: $17.07 SB zippitykrack: $10.00 BB Hero: $13.87 UTG alex1869: $3.30 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Kd.gifAc.gif (6 players)3 folds, cervetto calls $0.10, zippitykrack raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.10, cervetto folds, zippitykrack raises to $3.40, Hero raises to $10.30, zippitykrack calls $6.60, and is all inFlop: ($20.25) 3d.gif3s.gifJh.gif (2 players)Turn: ($20.25) 3h.gif (2 players)River: ($20.25) 7c.gif (2 players)zippitykrack showed Ts.gifTd.gif, and won ($18.76) with a full house, Threes full of TensHero showed Kd.gifAc.gif, and lost with three of a kind, Threeszippitykrack won $18.76(Rake: $1.34)

I told myself and others that I wouldn't focus so much on the results this month but I can't help it. I know that 15k break-even strech/10 buy-in downers are "standard", but I'm so soul crushed tonight :(Well at least tomorrow is Friday and I don't play on Fridays, so maybe I can go out for some sushi and have fun with the gf and get my shit together./bitchingBABY LONDON KEYS,QUIT PLAYING DONKAMENTS AND TEACH ME TO ****ING WIN AT CASH GAMES AGAIN!!! :ts:club:, JAMESlet's do some sweat sessions soon

Honestly KJ... your next step in learnding is adding a table or two imo
This made me smile, so that was good.I disagree obv ;)ty guys for listening to me bitchI have cookies, hot cocoa and a DC vid to watch. (Ansky ftw)
My March: all 100nlLFctppCed7w6SS1rSCtA.pngREALLY REALLY FUN MONTH! I'm still kinda in shock that I could run so bad/so under EV in a single month, to the extent of 40 buyins, but I guess it's a very good indicator of just how ****ing sick and variance-ridden this game is.Anyway onto the totals:Cash: -$3271.76PLO: +$97.52Rakeback/bonus: $948.77Staking others in donkaments: $549.84Tourneys: $1689.82Total: +$14.19WINNING MONTH BITCHES!!!No idea how I pulled a winning month out of my arse from that. Ship it
Didn't you state, multiple times, how dumb EV graphs are?
My goals for MarchMust:1. Play 20k hands2. Unlock the whole Fast50 before it expires (march 24th)3. Finish Harrington on Cash game Volume 1Complementary:1. Search for a job inside the government2. Do this3. Don't post these goals just to ****ing ignore them like all the other times.
1. Played 16,634 hands2. Unlocked $253. I received ''All hands revealed'' by Gus Hansen from the FT store so i read that indeedC1. **** thatC2. **** that tooC3. I failedSo yeah, March was pretty shitty from this perspective. I blame the lack of motivation and my Xbox.jx5qN2BctjYVrnnlcIvx.pngResults were decent tho. My slump continued for several days but then i got a sick heater in the last 10k hands which got me breakeven for the past 2 months so that's good. I sucked at getting some volume tho. Barely played from the first week until the last 5 days before my bonus expired, then stopped playing again. I have too much free time to only score 16k hands a month. That costed me $25 of bonus.--Goals for April1. Play 30k hands. I can do it with a little bit of effort. Just need to get my head into it.2. Reach the maximum bonus on Take 2.3. Finish ''All Hands revealed''4. Master PT3Sounds goods.---March sucked donkey balls for many it seems. GL all for April.
Well honestly I don't see any major leaks in your game when I watch you play... some missed opportunities but nothing where you should be losing money long term...
ty, it's nice to have this support system. FCP may be dead, but I like what we have here.Nice month, nashtak, gl in april.Watched the ansky video and he's a sicko. So much of the MSNL/HSNL stuff is above my head, but I think just hearing sickos talk about poker will help in some way. Now a JK3A 25nl video imo ;)also, trystero, ansky kept saying "blind verse blind" and I kept correcting him, but he didn't respond...
Didn't you state, multiple times, how dumb EV graphs are?
Yup. Basically you can't use EV as an excuse is what I'm saying. And it's not even close to the be all and end all of luck. Like there is so much more to that with the hands your dealt, cooler situations, flops/turns/rivers etc. that luck isn't quanitifiable at all. Just thought it would be a good indicator of how swingy poker is and that you really can't just focus on a really small stretch of hands/beats when longterm it is still swingy as ****.

Also, I didn't mention it in my april goals, but the FTP Take 2 promotion is something I wanted to do. 9 days = $25 which is nice for us micro guys, so don't forget that it starts Saturday April 3rd.

Watched the ansky video and he's a sicko. So much of the MSNL/HSNL stuff is above my head, but I think just hearing sickos talk about poker will help in some way. Now a JK3A 25nl video imo :club:
Can you send me your notes you take on DC videos. I don't watch as many as I should and using them to fast forward through some videos would be nice.
Also, I didn't mention it in my april goals, but the FTP Take 2 promotion is something I wanted to do. 9 days = $25 which is nice for us micro guys, so don't forget that it starts Saturday April 3rd.
For the Take 2 bonus how many FTP points do you have to make when 2 tabling to qualify? The site doesn't seem very clear.
New goal for you: overbet w/monsters. I've seen in your videos and your sessions that you value bet somewhat logically, like if you have the deck crushed you'll bet small because you figure villain cannot have much. Well f it. Like suppose you have AK on a AAKT4hhh board, and the pot's $2 and villain bets $1.50: move all in. Or if you're first to act, just shove $9 into $2. You're called by any ace, any flush, and any straight (oh and for lol's sake, KT). I can't tell you how many BIs I've scooped from players who cannot fold marginal hands and who do not understand that a micro-limit overbet is the nuts almost always (when it's not, it's the second nuts). What makes higher limits much harder is that this doesn't work anymore. People can read hands and can bet/fold. You can't just instaplusoneBIthankyou by getting some idiot to pay off w/TP to a flush. Like yesterday I was getting beaten up left and right, rivered two pair, overbet shoved and got called by TP, ty. If I were against a 100nl reg instead I would've stayed stuck 2 BIs instead of one. Look at our session yesterday. I had a big hand against Syntonic and didn't get paid off because he knows my rep, and if I raise the flop/turn he's just going to fold (I still think I could've raised flop because it looks kinda FOS as I rep so narrow, but w/e). Then when I value bet the river it's at the very least KQ so he can safely c/f worse pairs (if he even had a king which he probably didn't, the calling station). You folded AQ to me and what's more you had checked behind otf because you figured it'd be hard to get value from my pf raise/calling range on an Axx board. The flip side of course is that I could bluff you off the hand w/two streets to go in a 3-bet pot, but it's not as if I'm able to get paid off when I DO hit. Like against a fish I could've just shoved that miracle river and gotten paid by Aq/AK, even though there was four to a straight and a flush out.

Hang in there, James. I'm a low volume player myself so I know how hard it is to deal with long downswings or even stretches (one of the reasons why I like Rush). Just keep working at it.

Hang in there, James. I know how hard it is to deal with long downswings or even stretches. Just keep working at it.
qft brah