New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I didn't realise you hated money
How often is villain 3 betting really light here?How often are you 4 bet bluffing in this spot?
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Because it's a board that misses CO a lot, and Hero can represent a lot by c/ring the flop.I doubt that it's much of a concern at 2nl though.
Yea and if you check behind villain can rep a lot by firing two barrels because you're clearly checking w/SD value . It works both ways. 67 on that board is fragile; the c/bet is fine.

umm if the action went from 6>22>22>200...... lol im pretty sure thats only AA or KK.. and if ur villain and u have KK.. u fold.. i like how he played the hand tbh..

Yea and if you check behind villain can rep a lot by firing two barrels because you're clearly checking w/SD value . It works both ways. 67 on that board is fragile; the c/bet is fine.
Don't use "rep" in the same discussion as 2NL
I'm not sure why you're making my argument for me, but ty :club:
The only reason to 4 bet small is to balance the times we are 4 bet bluffing. Since we are never 4 bet bluffing here and UTG+1 almost always has a hand he's willing to stack off with, then 4 betting smaller does nothing for us.$200 is too big though, I would have raised enough to put the button all in.
The only reason to 4 bet small is to balance the times we are 4 bet bluffing. Since we are never 4 bet bluffing here and UTG+1 almost always has a hand he's willing to stack off with, then 4 betting smaller does nothing for us.$200 is too big though, I would have raised enough to put the button all in.
betting big discourages him from calling. Why would we want to do that. Just because we are rarely bluffing here, doesn't mean that the villain knows this. Putting a sign on a bet saying "I don't want my ACES sucked out on !1111!!" is bad
That is the meanest post I've ever seen from you fighter! I'm shocked!
Yeah I am having a pretty shitty day. I edited the venom out. For people who missed it. I don't like people who never ask questions, but consistently provide answers.
For people who missed it. I don't like people who never ask questions, but consistently provide answers.
...to get to the other side....of course it makes a sound.On another note, I went busto.Okay, not really, but I did have to cash out my roll because I suckz at real life money management.Not upset because this will give me the extra time to get back into working out, plus I just had my guitar restringed so I can start playing again.I'm still going to study by watching DC videos and keeping up with this thread, and will put money back on Stars in a few weeks.
Yeah I am having a pretty shitty day. I edited the venom out. For people who missed it. I don't like people who never ask questions, but consistently provide answers.
:club:*hugs*I'll buy you a beer when I see you.
betting big discourages him from calling. Why would we want to do that. Just because we are rarely bluffing here, doesn't mean that the villain knows this. Putting a sign on a bet saying "I don't want my ACES sucked out on !1111!!" is bad
I don't want villain to fold. I also have no reason to believe that if villain is 3 betting light that we will induce him to shove over a 4 bet. I've found in general, that most tagish villains when 3 betting an UTG raise from another tag player are either doing it with a hand they plan to felt, or with a hand they are folding to a 4 bet when 200bbs+ deep.
I don't want villain to fold. I also have no reason to believe that if villain is 3 betting light that we will induce him to shove over a 4 bet. I've found in general, that most tagish villains when 3 betting an UTG raise from another tag player are either doing it with a hand they plan to felt, or with a hand they are folding to a 4 bet when 200bbs+ deep.
So you think that he will call/raise with the exact same frequency, even though you bet 4x as much? (rhetorical question, I don't care)If someone else believes what SCS is saying, I'll go into it. Otherwise I'm done. I am just not a SEN teacher.
feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersSB: $10.13 BB: $10.40 (Hero)UTG: $10.72 UTG+1: $10.60 CO: $7.99 Button: $15.56 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Jd.gifJh.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $0.35, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, UTG calls $0.75Flop: ($2.25) 8c.gif8h.gifJc.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1Turn: ($4.25) 5c.gif (2 players)Check or bet? How much?Villain is 25/23/1.5 over 53 handsAlso, I didn't want to check the flop but I didn't want to blow him out so I went with the smaller c-bet... terrible?
...to get to the other side....of course it makes a sound.On another note, I went busto.Okay, not really, but I did have to cash out my roll because I suckz at real life money management.Not upset because this will give me the extra time to get back into working out, plus I just had my guitar restringed so I can start playing again.I'm still going to study by watching DC videos and keeping up with this thread, and will put money back on Stars in a few weeks.
GL, Jon
feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersSB: $10.13 BB: $10.40 (Hero)UTG: $10.72 UTG+1: $10.60 CO: $7.99 Button: $15.56 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Jd.gifJh.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $0.35, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, UTG calls $0.75Flop: ($2.25) 8c.gif8h.gifJc.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1Turn: ($4.25) 5c.gif (2 players)Check or bet? How much?Villain is 25/23/1.5 over 53 handsAlso, I didn't want to check the flop but I didn't want to blow him out so I went with the smaller c-bet... terrible?
it's very hard for him to have something, but I want stacks if he does...I bet $2 and pray that he raises
Check to make it look like you're scared of the flush. If he doesn't have a flush, a bet will most likely scare him off.
I want the fish in the pot more than I want the reg in.
Check to make it look like you're scared of the flush. If he doesn't have a flush, a bet will most likely scare him off.
I hate surrendering the initiative in spots like this one. Unless he has a flush or trips it's going to be very difficult to get action from him (very few flushes and 8s in his UTG range fwiw). Sure, he sometimes bluffs this turn, but after that he'll give up on the river too often. Once we check I suspect that he checks behind frequently w/like AcKx and most of his showdownable hands. I'd rather get value from his whole range by betting small on the turn - he still calls us with pocket pairs and possibly ace high, as well as with broadway clubs. He might also spazz over us w/say the NFD.

I didn't comment on that hand because I thought it was dumb, then I realized it was 3bet preflop, so I don't think it's dumb anymore. Although, I wish you made it 1.50 on the flop.I like trystero's approach, bet $2 and expect a call. I don't mind checking here if we were in position, but I don't really want him to check behind and keep the pot small.