New Challenge: Movin' On Up

had seen him resteal b4 (or what I thought were resteals)The move is powerful enough where I only get called by AA/KK especially with the shorty halfway in bc it looks like it can never be a bluff... my had has great equity against the shorties range as well bc i was expecting him to call
just call a spade a spade: it was pointless shove. you get called by a range way wider than AA/KK: basically any big pocket pair and AK, and you don't think you get called by AQ by a dude who open shoved A6? do you think he's going to fold his entire 3-betting range save aces or kings? wtf?striving to final table is a good excuse to gamble and to play aggressively in defensible spots. that was a clear-cut fold pre. I don't recall stack sizes but you had a very nice stack relative to the blinds at the time.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

GL crushing 5nl again. Def wait til you're rolled properly.Like I was gonna move up to 25nl at 25 buy-ins, but I'm still playing 10nl bc of how crushed I got at 25nl last time. So if I have a bigger bankroll and continue to work on my game, only good things can happen.+++++++Syntonic, Babs, place nice!
nice place
I want to grow up to be just like you.
And so you should. Take a chill pill, I tried to be serious/genuine in this thread and it's just not worth it, so I much prefer to get rid of my early morning/late night grumpiness here instead.
What are you talking about? My high horse? I'm simply stating that this guy is a maniac and I think it's a huge mistake to just brush this off as a trivial fold because you get raised on the river.I have never played against this guy, obviously, so the only things I can go off are his bet sizing and his history of play. Yeah, obviously he can have a better full house here, but statistically, this guy is maniacal and historically he plays crazy.ReallI want to hear your argument for why this is a fold, because it is not obvious to me.
To clarify, what you wrote in your original response is that against almost all villains this is a call and even against the "nittiest" nits it's "close". This is what I responded to originally and this is also what you highlighted in my post backtracking and saying that you were always talking about this villain. It's close against this type of player because his rampant aggression is usually in spots where we show weakness but I probably still find a call, albeit not a very happy one. Against most ssnl regs this is a fold, against me I may find a call because I might turn an ace into a bluff on this river, etc. Really it turns into a level war. You can't just look at your absolute handstrength and decide your ahead, particularly this deep.edit: also the looseness/aggression stats you've quoted are from 5/10 HU which is pretty diff to 3/6 6m super deep
just staked my gf (who's a successful published writer) in 3 short story contests. $60 for all 3 submissions, 70/30 split, $3k for first in one of the contests. this is the new market, y'all.
thanks for offering me a pieceBabs, :club:

you can't have a piece of her. I ain't that kinda man.however. you can buy MY action any day.if she has around a 2% chance on these contests it's breakeven. she's good, so I put her around 5%. massive +EV itt.

And so you should. Take a chill pill, I tried to be serious/genuine in this thread and it's just not worth it, so I much prefer to get rid of my early morning/late night grumpiness here instead.
There was nothing implied in what i said.
There was nothing implied in what i said.
:club: Now you get the benefit of my late night tipsy instead of my late night grumpy
**** Cash Games. I'm going tourney pro.
Agree, I'll take 30%
Agree, I'll take 30%
I'll take the rest!!!Played a pretty big pot in the home game last night; .10/.25 NL, 6-handed, 300bb effectiveHero is UTG wtih A :4h T :heart:Hero raises to $1, 3 folds, sb calls, bb callsFlop ($3): Q :club: J :5c 4 :club:sb checks, bb checks, Hero bets $2.25, sb calls, bb foldsTurn ($7.50): 5 :club:sb checks, hero bets $5.50, sb callsRiver ($18.50) K :heart:sb checks, hero bets $30, sb raises to $66.25 (all-in), hero calls $36.25sb shows 9 :ts T :spade:hero shows A :3h T :heart:hero wins $151.00So I have quite a bit of history with the villain (he had the KK vs my QT staight/flush draw a few weeks ago http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...&p=3293243), he has the ability to check QQ and JJ to me 3 times, and if he had 9T it's a cooler, and he would call my over bet with KT and any two pair also, he's like a 55/20/1.5 if I had to put it into #sSo that being said, it may be a mistake betting the turn because he will check monsters, but I don't think he'd c/r the turn with a set (he's pretty bad/tarp-eee) So looking at it now, it's prob spewy to try to barrel him off, but coolers ftw, ship it

Nice hand.What did you put him on when the K hit? Two pair? I'm a fan of overbetting rivers like that, so, /thumbsupMaybe I'm just tired, but I have this mental image where the 'chips' are oreos at your home game. I guess I just think scooping 600 oreos is funny.I am weird. :club:

I'll take the rest!!!Played a pretty big pot in the home game last night; .10/.25 NL, 6-handed, 300bb effectiveHero is UTG wtih A :4h T :heart:Hero raises to $1, 3 folds, sb calls, bb callsFlop ($3): Q :club: J :5c 4 :club:sb checks, bb checks, Hero bets $2.25, sb calls, bb foldsTurn ($7.50): 5 :club:sb checks, hero bets $5.50, sb callsRiver ($18.50) K :heart:sb checks, hero bets $30, sb raises to $66.25 (all-in), hero calls $36.25sb shows 9 :ts 8 :spade:hero shows A :3h T :heart:hero wins $151.00So I have quite a bit of history with the villain (he had the KK vs my QT staight/flush draw a few weeks ago http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...&p=3293243), he has the ability to check QQ and JJ to me 3 times, and if he had 98 it's a cooler, and he would call my over bet with KT and any two pair also, he's like a 55/20/1.5 if I had to put it into #sSo that being said, it may be a mistake betting the turn because he will check monsters, but I don't think he'd c/r the turn with a set (he's pretty bad/tarp-eee) So looking at it now, it's prob spewy to try to barrel him off, but coolers ftw, ship it
i dont get how him having 9 8 is a cooler? he has 9 high right?

Starting to get there. I think.. feral_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 6 playersUTG+1: $0.84 CO: $0.58 Button: $1.83 (Hero)SB: $3.18 BB: $3.84 UTG: $1.98 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is Button with Ks.gifAs.gif (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04, UTG+1 calls $0.04, CO foldsFlop: ($0.21) 6c.gifTs.gifKh.gif (3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.22, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.16Turn: ($0.65) 2s.gif (2 players)UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60.

Should bluffing, or semi-bluffing if you want, change the amount of a c-bet to reduce the risk, or should it be just as hard as if I actually did have something?feral_cow_icon.gifConverting hands till the cows come homePokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 6 playersButton: $1.87 SB: $1.01 BB: $1.60 (Hero)UTG: $2.61 UTG+1: $3.79 CO: $3.46 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Kh.gifAs.gif (6 players)UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.18, CO foldsFlop: ($0.51) 3d.gif8d.gif8c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.18.

Nice hand.What did you put him on when the K hit? Two pair? I'm a fan of overbetting rivers like that, so, /thumbsupMaybe I'm just tired, but I have this mental image where the 'chips' are oreos at your home game. I guess I just think scooping 600 oreos is funny.I am weird. :club:
Yeah, def thought he had air, 2-pair, sets, or straight. He's a station, so I honestly think I'll get a call from KT as well.I did bring oreos to the game last night. nice read. Everyone made the rounders KGB jokes, hahahaha, triple UI once put oreos in a chip rack, and they don't fit very well...
Starting to get there. I think.. feral_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 6 playersUTG+1: $0.84 CO: $0.58 Button: $1.83 (Hero)SB: $3.18 BB: $3.84 UTG: $1.98 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is Button with Ks.gifAs.gif (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04, UTG+1 calls $0.04, CO foldsFlop: ($0.21) 6c.gifTs.gifKh.gif (3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.22, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.16Turn: ($0.65) 2s.gif (2 players)UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60.
Raise more pre-flop. 4x + 1bb for each limper = 6x yo!Flop and turn are good imo
So I should've raised to .12?
Yup. When players limp, they generally won't fold (bc they are bad) Their range are weighted toward pairs (22-TT) and AXs. Between your positional advantage, and your card advantage (flipping vs pairs and dominating AX) you want to make them pay. imo

Another LOLive hand: .1/.25 6 handed, 200bb effective (I have him covered)Hero is UTG with T :ts T :heart:Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, co calls, 2 folds, bb callsFlop ($3.10): 9 :club: 4 :4h 4 :spade:bb checks, Hero bets $2.25, co raises to $8, bb folds, Hero???co plays a fairly wide range of hands in position. He flopped two pair with 32 and boated the river vs QQ 3-4 orbits prior.After tanking for 2 minutes he asked if I had 72 and sat back looking uninterested. I had cut out a raise to $19.75 at that point. Sexy $29 turn shoves ftw...Thoughts?His value range imo is like A4, 54, 34 and 99, but sometimes ppl do weird things on paired boards bc they think you have AK...