New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Can't the pair simply be considered as additional outs and not as a pair by itself? I mean, we know we are likely behind with a pair, but a king or a queen definitely add to our hand, so the outs increase the value of our hand greatly.
I figured the bettor had at least a good Ace so I was looking at Kings as additional outs.
Even against the donks of 10nl, poker remains swingy. You can't get around it. The best you can do is have a forward-thinking mindset, and that means doing your best to not worry about results (like, don't fuss over whether you're up or down in a particular session; get used to just logging volume for the sake of logging volume and doing your best to play well). Kind of hard to do at this limit I know because usually you're grinding to build a roll and to move on. It's not like you can comfort yourself with the thought that you'll be making good money once the runbad goes away.
The interesting thing is that playing Rush actually helps me deal with the variance because I can often recover within the same session. Because I play low volume due to limited time, when I play regular cash a bad session can set me back a few days before I can recover. That makes the bad sessions that much more painful.
New video of my sucking at poker. I don't recommend watching it :club:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GKDYPPOYBut if you do watch it, thoughts are appreciated.Yes I am a nit
Question for you KingJames, What are you using to capture your sessions. I would really like to put one together to get some feedback as well.kosin trouble
Question for you KingJames, What are you using to capture your sessions. I would really like to put one together to get some feedback as well.kosin trouble
Yo, I have a mac, so I use IshowUIf you have a PC, I know those guys use CamtasiaWould love to watch a video if you make one
Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with :ts: :3h: (5 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, A_P0KER_STAR calls $0.20Flop: ($0.60) :qh: :5c: :4h: (2 players)Hero bets $0.40, A_P0KER_STAR calls $0.40Turn: ($1.40) :jh: (2 players)Hero checks, A_P0KER_STAR bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50River: ($2.40) :club:: (2 players)Hero checks, A_P0KER_STAR bets $2.10, Hero raises to $14.50, A_P0KER_STAR foldsHero won $6.30EDIT: making a video would make this much easier.
Were you too busy thinking about guttin' deer to raise the turn?
I can't think when i play. That's rather inconvenient.
Do you multitable?I talk out loud and explain why I'm doing things... I feel crazy except when I am making a video
Do you multitable?I talk out loud and explain why I'm doing things... I feel crazy except when I am making a video
worst part of his game and videos imo
Lol i've done this a few times. It's funny how many moves i used to pull that i simply couldn't explain to myself.

i decided to join you guys in a micro cash game challenge.i've never played this small before but i think it will teach good discipline and bankroll management and get me to be a player who 'plays to profit' more than 'plays to win.' I'm thinking by the time I make it to the "worth-while" limits I'll be a much better player.starting at 0.02/0.05 NL ($5 max) 4-tabling. So far, so good. The first 1,500 hands got me +$21.I still haven't really decided what kind of rules to set yet tho. Move up when i have 20 buy-ins sounds decent but i don't know if i can wait that long lol. To move up to $10nl i'd need $200. Would it be foolish to just go like 10 buy-ins? What do you guys think of the fact that I'm gonna 4-table it through?

Would it be foolish to just go like 10 buy-ins?
I guess if you're the worlds biggest nit and you only play QQ, KK, and AA then you could be likely to sustain your BR b4 busto on 10 BIBut honestly I go through 10 BI swings in the blink of an eye so I don't even think 20 BI is sufficient
i decided to join you guys in a micro cash game challenge.i've never played this small before but i think it will teach good discipline and bankroll management and get me to be a player who 'plays to profit' more than 'plays to win.' I'm thinking by the time I make it to the "worth-while" limits I'll be a much better player.starting at 0.02/0.05 NL ($5 max) 4-tabling. So far, so good. The first 1,500 hands got me +$21.I still haven't really decided what kind of rules to set yet tho. Move up when i have 20 buy-ins sounds decent but i don't know if i can wait that long lol. To move up to $10nl i'd need $200. Would it be foolish to just go like 10 buy-ins? What do you guys think of the fact that I'm gonna 4-table it through?
Let's get this out of the way: Do you play 6max or full-ring?

justice from Full Tilt. a+ on the setmining pf.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($6.30)SB ($8.41)BB ($11.36)Hero (UTG) ($10.94)MP ($10)CO ($12.26)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :D, A :club:Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $3.60, CO calls $3.30, 1 foldFlop: ($8.65) 8 :5c, 10 :3h, 5 :qh(2 players)Hero bets $7.34 (All-In), CO calls $7.34Turn: ($23.33) 4 :jh(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($23.33) K :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $23.33 | Rake: $1.55Results:Hero had A :D, A :ts (flush, King high).CO had 5 :4h, 5 :D (flush, King high).Outcome: Hero won $10.89, CO won $10.89

Not sure about this one... was a semi bluff(not sure if this is right.. I hit a huge hand, but screwed to any spades) , but a little dangerous. but it felt good, usually i just check these, but been pretty tight last couple orbits so decided to try that to my use....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($2.59)UTG ($5.91)UTG+1 ($0.82)MP1 ($2.82)MP2 ($4.60)CO ($3.89)Button ($3.52)Hero (SB) ($2.98)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kdiamond.gif, Qdiamond.gifUTG bets $0.08, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06Flop: ($0.24) Jspade.gif, 10spade.gif, Aspade.gif(3 players)Hero bets $0.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.10Turn: ($0.44) 5spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.20, 1 foldTotal pot: $0.44 | Rake: $0Kosin Trouble

It's not a semi bluff, it's a bluffA semi bluff is when you have a hand that isn't a made hand but it has a lot of equity. Like an open ended straight flush draw, you only have T-high* but you will make the best hand a lot...T :ts 9 :club:On 7 :4h 8 :5c K :club:

Let's get this out of the way: Do you play 6max or full-ring?
full-ring
What's your actual roll like? Experience playing poker? Like, do you have a real job and could you afford $200nl if you wanted, but you just want to try and actually win at online poker first?
Playing 200nl I'm a pretty break even player. It seems to be a cycle where I start TAG and build up a good bankroll then being up I turn LAP without realizing it and let it slip away until I have to start the cycle over again. I've been able to cash out some winnings here and there but usually a week or so will end in needing another deposit. My job allows me to comfortably risk a buy-in/week. But if I'm going to be doing that, I shouldn't even be playing cards.I think this micro thing might help build some bankroll management skills and such. I mean if I can learn to take 10 5nl buy-ins and make it 10 100nl buy-ins over time, I should be ready to start playing my "worth-while" stakes much smarter than I have been I would think.Basically i'm just looking to start profiting instead of gambling. I've gotten over the whole stage where you think all I need is one big tourney and i'll have the bankroll to play bigger stakes cash and it'll be straight up from there. I want to move forward from that bullshit thinking.

If you can afford to gambool a "buyin a week" at 200NL, and have exp at 200NL ONLINE (200NL live plays like .05/.10 online) then my suggestion is to deposit 200 (make sure it's on a site you have rakeback) and play 10NL until the next week where you deposit another 200... then jump to 25NL when you're at 500 and drop down again if you hit the 200 mark.If you're even a slightly losing player longterm at the 200NL level, then grinding up all the way from the pennies is a total waste of time if you can afford to give yourself a decent sized starting roll.

For James:1:20 I call with fives. Getting good odds to flop a set.4:45 Hmm weird spot with 6s. I'm ok with the fold. But, it's a pretty good flop for 6s and we have position on him.6:15 I bet that flop with A2.Please don't complain about nitty tables, just take their money.24:30 I think it's a good read that he has air. I like the 3bet if you put him on an A because it doesn't make a lot of sense (there are no draws), so, he's going to call your raise with any A and you'll probably stack him. But, you put him on air, so you should have just called.26:40 A10s OOP. Yeah, you did play this badly. B/C on the flop, blank hits on the turn and then you fold? You were close to shoving him in. I think you should have.28:30 You're right, he won't give you a lot of action OOP with 22, which is why you should be reraising him. When he does decide to call, you could get lucky and win a big pot. Most of the time you'll take this down preflop, though.