New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

if you're gonna 3bet lightly then you should do it against full stacks. players who have a jagged stack are likely fish (I know everyone at 10nl is a fish but......) and therefore you don't have much FE against them.

Nashtak if your standard is to call in spots like that then it looks like we ID'd a major leak
You don't get it... they are trying to play back at me. They are ALWAYS trying to play back at me! Can't you see!!!11!?6
You don't get it... they are trying to play back at me. They are ALWAYS trying to play back at me! Can't you see!!!11!?6
what exactly do u mean by this.also i dont think anyone here is trying to attack you.. esp not me.im just trying to give u advice in that when someone 3 bets from the BB vs a button open,A- they have a pretty decent hand.. pp's 10-AA, AK,AQ,AJB-they have a read that you are opening lots of buttons.unless you have a specific read that this BB is fed up with you opening the button every single time. you probably should be folding KQ on the button to a 3bet from the BB, i could see more merit if your KQ was suited.EDIT: as for the actual hand.. that is a pretty easy raise or shove.. i would prefer shoving.
what exactly do u mean by this.also i dont think anyone here is trying to attack you.. esp not me.im just trying to give u advice in that when someone 3 bets from the BB vs a button open,A- they have a pretty decent hand.. pp's 10-AA, AK,AQ,AJB-they have a read that you are opening lots of buttons.unless you have a specific read that this BB is fed up with you opening the button every single time. you probably should be folding KQ on the button to a 3bet from the BB, i could see more merit if your KQ was suited.EDIT: as for the actual hand.. that is a pretty easy raise or shove.. i would prefer shoving.
I'm just messing around.It's true i might be too liberal in those spots. Along with position and decent odds, there is the possibility he's playing back at me and i might be overrating it.
Results?
-$1.17 after 400 hands or so.I'm at a little under 20 buy ins, so I'm going to keep at it for awhile unless I run bad, in which case I'll just jump back to $5NL.I have already noticed the games are a little more aggresive. I've seen 3 betting is more frequent (so far)Getting ready to play another session.
-$1.17 after 400 hands or so.I'm at a little under 20 buy ins, so I'm going to keep at it for awhile unless I run bad, in which case I'll just jump back to $5NL.I have already noticed the games are a little more aggresive. I've seen 3 betting is more frequent (so far)Getting ready to play another session.
Play wellRun Well
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersCO: $9.07 Button: $9.66 SB: $10.05 BB: $10.00 UTG: $10.00 UTG+1: $13.67 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+1 with Kd.gifTd.gif (6 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, Button calls $0.30, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.75) Tc.gifTs.gifTh.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($0.75) Jh.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60River: ($1.95) 8d.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1.20, Button raises to $8.76, and is all in, Hero calls $7.56Button showed Qc.gifJs.gif, and lost with a full house, Tens full of JacksHero showed Kd.gifTd.gif, and won ($18.18) with four of a kind, TensHero won $18.18(Rake: $1.29)
Hero calls $0.02
Stop this shit. Please... stop... just stop limping at penny stakes... in fact, stop limping... you'll start having winning sessions. If you're gonna play it raise it... and i don't recommend raising either of those from those positions. I know it can be profitable... I'm not saying it isn't... what I'm saying is I honestly don't think you're capable of making it profitable *yet*
People seem to be posting lots of strat hands in this thread, so I didn't want to feel left out...10NL Rush, feedback on all streets welcome.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($6.33)SB ($10.59)Hero (BB) ($10.79)UTG ($8.64)UTG+1 ($14.96)MP1 ($10)MP2 ($8.27)MP3 ($9.90)CO ($10)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9heart.gif, 10heart.gif6 folds, Button bets $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.20, Button calls $0.80Flop: ($2.45) 5club.gif, 10club.gif, Kheart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.50, Button raises to $5.13 (All-In), Hero ???
Don't fold pairs on the flop in 3 bet pots... esp to shortstackers... but you shouldn't resteal from shortstackers... or at "Let's see a flop" 10NL... wait till 25NL to start restealing with these hands and it will work out well for you
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersCO: $9.07 Button: $9.66 SB: $10.05 BB: $10.00 UTG: $10.00 UTG+1: $13.67 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+1 with Kd.gifTd.gif (6 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, Button calls $0.30, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.75) Tc.gifTs.gifTh.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($0.75) Jh.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60River: ($1.95) 8d.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1.20, Button raises to $8.76, and is all in, Hero calls $7.56Button showed Qc.gifJs.gif, and lost with a full house, Tens full of JacksHero showed Kd.gifTd.gif, and won ($18.18) with four of a kind, TensHero won $18.18(Rake: $1.29)
Don't check the flop... bet it really really small... they will chase with ATC to try to boat up... or raise you with boats they are not folding
3-betting 9Ts without reads oop is recklesEasy fold as played
My "read" is that LP stealing is much more common in 10NL Rush than it is in regular 10NL, and he's open-raising from the Button, so I'm assuming he's stealing. That's no less of an accurate read than assuming someone with an ATS of 60% is stealing when he open-raises from the Button.
if you're gonna 3bet lightly then you should do it against full stacks. players who have a jagged stack are likely fish (I know everyone at 10nl is a fish but......) and therefore you don't have much FE against them.
Yes, I realize in hindsight 3-betting against that stack was a mistake. But assuming he's a full stack I don't think 3-betting T9s is as bad there as people are saying it is.
oh no I don't think it's bad either. 10nl 3-betting lightly is tough because no one likes to fold, but T9s is a nice hand to take a stand with against chronic stealers.
Sure, in position.The way to counter aggressive play is to call in position, not to 3bet them OOP. If you're going to do things like this, you have to be willing to let the aggressor bet, and you're going to have to hold onto middle pair. So, I don't really understand leading this pot, unless you were leading it because you thought he would raise you with AQ/AJ. If that is your read, then snap call?I don't like this play against this particular villain.
oh no I don't think it's bad either. 10nl 3-betting lightly is tough because no one likes to fold, but T9s is a nice hand to take a stand with against chronic stealers.
we don't know if he's straight forward or a chronic stealer, and I think we then have to play the hand "in a vacuum" and boating a pot oop with a marginal hand seems really bad vs an unknown

In Rush many players do indeed steal from the BTN w/almost ATC. You can't really play even Rush hands in a vacuum because lots of guys try to exploit the game's dynamics by stealing so frequently. I think the 3-bet is bad because what little we know about the player (his stack size) suggests that he's not going to fold. But against a full-stack I don't mind it.

feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersMP: $1.92 MP2: $5.17 HJ: $1.60 CO: $3.03 Button: $2.13 (Hero)SB: $2.05 BB: $1.62 UTG: $2.10 UTG+1: $2.00 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is Button with :4h:jh (9 players)UTG calls $0.02, 3 folds, HJ calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checksFlop: ($0.11) :3h:qh:club: (5 players)BB checks, UTG checks, HJ checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.10, 2 folds, HJ calls $0.10, CO foldsTurn: ($0.31) :5c (2 players)HJ checks, Hero bets $0.24, HJ calls $0.24River: ($0.79) :ts (2 players)HJ bets $0.60
In Rush many players do indeed steal from the BTN w/almost ATC. You can't really play even Rush hands in a vacuum because lots of guys try to exploit the game's dynamics by stealing so frequently.
This is what I'm saying...
feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersMP: $1.92 MP2: $5.17 HJ: $1.60 CO: $3.03 Button: $2.13 (Hero)SB: $2.05 BB: $1.62 UTG: $2.10 UTG+1: $2.00 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is Button with :4h:jh (9 players)UTG calls $0.02, 3 folds, HJ calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checksFlop: ($0.11) :3h:qh:club: (5 players)BB checks, UTG checks, HJ checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.10, 2 folds, HJ calls $0.10, CO foldsTurn: ($0.31) :5c (2 players)HJ checks, Hero bets $0.24, HJ calls $0.24River: ($0.79) :ts (2 players)HJ bets $0.60
Since he played it exactly like a 2NL player chasing a FD, I'd have to let it go. A set or lower straight would have bet/raised before the river.
feral_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 8 playersUTG: $0.70 UTG+1: $0.63 MP: $2.08 HJ: $2.38 (Hero)CO: $2.03 Button: $2.08 SB: $0.68 BB: $2.00 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is HJ with :ts:4h (8 players)UTG checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.06Flop: ($0.17) :club::5c:3h (2 players)UTG bets $0.62, and is all in, Hero ?