New Challenge: Movin' On Up

:club: Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($3.50)Hero (UTG) ($23.97)MP ($16.42)CO ($18.47)Button ($13.04)SB ($11.01)Preflop: Hero is UTG with K :club:, A :5cHero bets $0.30, 2 folds, Button raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.90Flop: ($2.55) 7 :D, A :ts, 2 :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75Turn: ($6.05) 2 :3h(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $10.09 (All-In), Hero calls $10.09River: ($26.23) 10 :qh(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $26.23 | Rake: $1.74Results:Button had K :D, A :D (two pair, Aces and twos).Hero had K :4h, A :jh (two pair, Aces and twos).Outcome: Button won $12.24, Hero won $12.25
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

lol thx I guessFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (UTG) ($10.31)MP ($7.28)CO ($10.57)Button ($10.20)SB ($10.05)BB ($11.99)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3 :jh, 3 :DHero bets $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.65) 4 :club:, 3 :5c, 2 :3h(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40Turn: ($1.45) K :ts(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10River: ($3.65) J :4h(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3Total pot: $9.65 | Rake: $0.64Results:BB had 5 :qh, A :D (straight, five high).Hero had 3 :D, 3 :D (three of a kind, threes).Outcome: BB won $9.01

It makes a big difference that he overlimped in the CO as opposed to open limped in EP. This is an easy call with JJ, and maybe even a shove.
How's that? You believe villain might suspect i'm on a squeeze? I would give slightly more respect if villain did open from UTG instead of CO, but a limp/raise preflop still represents monster strength.

his point is that people like to limp/reraise aces/kings from early position, because there are 8 or 7 other players who could potentially raise their limp. When someone limps behind from the CO that logic doesn't apply anymore. Presumably you'd just raise kk/aa yourself now.

his point is that people like to limp/reraise aces/kings from early position, because there are 8 or 7 other players who could potentially raise their limp. When someone limps behind from the CO that logic doesn't apply anymore. Presumably you'd just raise kk/aa yourself now.
Right, but villain still did limp/raise and that should represents strength regardless of his position. My guess would be he didn't want to end the hand here and therefor decided to limp (totally disregarding how -EV a multiway pot is for a premium pair, because he sucks). Then he decided to 3-bet me because i've shown interest in my hand so slowplaying wasn't on his mind anymore. This seems much more likely than an attempt to bluff me out of a squeeze or whatever could have crossed his mind if he has a weak holding. A decent player would understand the logic you are referring to, but this is 2NL so i don't apply it like if it was a rule.

Line checkVillain is 43/32 with a steal of 40 at about 50 handsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($5.58)Hero (SB) ($5)BB ($13.19)UTG ($14.80)MP ($6.10)Preflop: Hero is SB with K :3h, A :club:2 folds, Button bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.65, 1 fold, Button calls $0.45Flop: ($1.35) K :ts, 2 :qh, 2 :4h(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75Turn: ($2.85) A :5c(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2, Button calls $1.25River: ($6.85) 3 :jh(2 players)Hero bets $1.60 (All-In), Button calls $1.60Total pot: $10.05 | Rake: $0.45

I bet/call the floplooks like you had villain read as aggressive. I'm OK w/the way you played it in that case.
He was aggressive, especially preflop.But I didn't know how aggressive he was postflop, especially when being bet into.I'm more than comfortable stacking off on a K22 flop with AK, but I thought that by betting he would either raise or fold, with the percentage leaning more towards fold. I guess he could always take a card in posistion with a medium pair, but I think by checking I allow him to bet close to 100% of his range.I know slowplaying is usually bad, but I thought it might be okay in this spot.

Usually I just keep betting until I get all my money in the pot. I am more than happy to stack off here with AK on a K22 flop.If you had a read that villain was very aggressive postflop when checked to, then I like your line, but I would just crai on the turn.

Your daily dose of sexyferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerHEM/IPoker NL Hold'em $0.50/$1.00 - 6 playersButton: $101.50 SB: $57.85 BB: $127.60 (Hero)UTG: $63.73 UTG+1: $50.00 CO: $50.40 Preflop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with :4h:5c (6 players)UTG calls $1.00, 2 folds, Button calls $1.00, SB folds, Hero checksFlop: ($3.50) :jh:3h:ts (3 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, Button bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00, UTG foldsTurn: ($7.50) :club: (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: ($7.50) :qh (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $7.50, Hero raises to $28.00, Button foldsHero won $41.90

Your daily dose of sexyferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerHEM/IPoker NL Hold'em $0.50/$1.00 - 6 playersButton: $101.50 SB: $57.85 BB: $127.60 (Hero)UTG: $63.73 UTG+1: $50.00 CO: $50.40 Preflop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with :4h:5c (6 players)UTG calls $1.00, 2 folds, Button calls $1.00, SB folds, Hero checksFlop: ($3.50) :jh:3h:ts (3 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, Button bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00, UTG foldsTurn: ($7.50) :club: (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: ($7.50) :qh (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $7.50, Hero raises to $28.00, Button foldsHero won $41.90
lol? gg
why? against a semi-reg player it's ok imo. villain's probably bet/folding the river, and when he checks behind on the turn he never has a flush.
I'll play a made flush on the turn the same way the button played the hand.Sometimes I bet when I hit, and sometimes I check.Probably something like 85/15 in favor of betting.
Why are you c/c a shitty draw in a limped pot? You're never floating OOP so basically you're calling a 2/3 pot bet in a 3bb pot to hit a 4 outer (3 clean outer) and stack a villian who most likely only bet because you checked to him?You rep zero by checkraising that river. If you had a flush you would lead river when the turn checks through. Hell, you'd lead that draw most of the time on the flop.This is defnitiely not sexy. This is what your hand is:gothapotamus.jpgEDIT: I also think that fighter did not play this hand, and it's a joke.
I'll play a made flush on the turn the same way the button played the hand.Sometimes I bet when I hit, and sometimes I check.Probably something like 85/15 in favor of betting.
Then you seldom have a flush, enough so that the c/r is still profitable given that you fold your non-flushes.0.85 * (+$15) + 0.15 * (-$28) = +$8.55Edit: This is stupid. Edited by BaseJester
Most regs do not check flushes especially if the pot is limped (of course a reg is not limping otb, but bear w/me). Because flushes come about so infrequently, regs want to get maximum value from them, and if they don't have the nuts they also want to charge hands w/ a higher FD. Fish like to check back flushes because fish are preoccupied not with extracting value but with imitating various poker personae - like the sandbagger. Because villain limped OTB, it may be safe to say he's kinda fishy, so bluffraising probably isn't the best move, but if he's at all reggish then we can be very confident that he doesn't have a flush, and that he's going to bet/fold this river. Even though our line is kinda weird for a flush, it's not all that unbelievable since we called OOP w/a player yet to act. His sizing's also bluffy.
Then you seldom have a flush, enough so that the c/r is still profitable given that you fold your non-flushes.0.85 * (+$15) + 0.15 * (-$28) = +$8.55
Not sure I understand, or if this is relevant to what I posted.I was saying I would play a flush how the button played the hand:bet draw on the flop, check back on the turn when checked too, and then bet the river if checked too.
Not sure I understand, or if this is relevant to what I posted.I was saying I would play a flush how the button played the hand:bet draw on the flop, check back on the turn when checked too, and then bet the river if checked too.
You're right; that was stupid math. You're not saying 85% of your range is flushes. You're saying of the times you have flushes, 85% of the time you bet them.
You're right; that was stupid math. You're not saying 85% of your range is flushes. You're saying of the times you have flushes, 85% of the time you bet them.
No big deal, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

Not sure why, but I just thought of a pretty funny live hand I played about a year ago at the Hard Rock in Tampa at a 1/2 game.I was doing okay that night, not up much, but not down. A lady came to the table who was drunk, and I mean DRUNK. She would call everything, and played very passive. She went from being up 400, to down 300, to up 200 all in less than an hour. It was just back and forth with her stack.The hand I got involved in with her, I had around $150 or so. Now in these Florida games where the max buy in is a measley 50BB, I'm okay with getting my money in on a strong draw type hand in order to stack up. I'll try my best to recreate the hand history:Hero - $150ishDrunk Lady - has Hero coveredHero raises to $10 PF with AcJc, everyone folds but DL who calls in the BB.Flop - 9c 10s Qc (great flop for my hand, open ended and the nut flush draw) DL leads out some stupid amount, Hero raises with the intent of calling any shove, DL tanks for about 2 minutes and then folds JKo face up.