New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I bet 1.10. Also, The value bet with QQ is standard and not thin.
I read this post and inferred a bit of grouchiness...Thin emotional reads itt!
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

KJ, I take the free river card there... not just because we have a chance of improving... but we can line up a lot of value bets when checked to on a lot of rivers
My thoughts at the time...feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersPreflop: ($0.15) Hero is Button with 9s.gifJs.gif (6 players)AMISTADE folds, J High904 calls $0.10, UpNComing7 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, J High904 calls $0.25Flop: ($0.85) Td.gifJc.gif5s.gif (2 players)J High904 checks, Hero bets $0.50, J High904 calls $0.50Turn: ($1.85) As.gif (2 players)J High904 checks, Hero checksRiver: ($1.85) 7h.gif (2 players)J High904 checks, Hero bets $0.80, J High904 calls $0.80J High904 showed Jh.gifKd.gif, and won ($3.22) with a pair of JacksHero showed 9s.gifJs.gif, and lost with a pair of JacksJ High904 won $3.22(Rake: $0.23)
How much of his stack did he put in with his 4bet?
37.5%, I've never seen anyone at this level 4bet a hand they aren't willing to play for stacks with.
he wasn't folding that no matter what you did... i still like the line and that 7 is a great card to vbet on
Agreed, KJ is the NUTZZZZZZZZZZ*the hand not the poster/player
Game are getting tough, 4 bet bluffs at 2nl6max or FR?
Full ring, was on fulltilt which seems tougher to me than 2NL on stars.
KJ, I take the free river card there... not just because we have a chance of improving... but we can line up a lot of value bets when checked to on a lot of rivers... even from a station you're going to have a hard time getting called with worse when you bet that turn
even tho we aren't called by worse all that often on the turn, I think that we do take the pot down a decent amount of the time w/a bet, and more importantly we build a pot in position against a calling station. He's passive, so it's not like we have to worry about him raising us off our hand on the turn, and when we do hit one of our outs on the river we stand to win a big pot. Big pots in position against stations = weee
feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersSB: $1.96 BB: $2.47 UTG: $3.22 UTG+1: $2.00 MP: $2.00 (Hero)MP2: $1.45 HJ: $3.15 CO: $3.42 Button: $2.00 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with :club::ts (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.24, 6 folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.60Easy fold right? I think i could shove here if i remotely suspected villain to be a spewtard but i'm never calling here.
don't 3bet pfas played fold
ThisWe want to use our positional advantage and keep his range as wide as possible, and we get hands like QJ and AT to come along from the blinds or something, it's fun!++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++I'm blowin' up like you thought I wouldCall the crib, same number, same hoodIT"S ALL GOOD
Villain is a drooler. 66/12/.5 over 56 hands. He folded to like 42% of c-bets so the A hits him sometimes,Are we barreling the turn?feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersBB LapKirya: $10.15 UTG AMISTADE: $16.89 UTG+1 J High904: $12.57 CO UpNComing7: $10.23 Button Hero: $10.00 SB milutin1: $5.11 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is Button with 9s.gifJs.gif (6 players)AMISTADE folds, J High904 calls $0.10, UpNComing7 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, J High904 calls $0.25Flop: ($0.85) Td.gifJc.gif5s.gif (2 players)J High904 checks, Hero bets $0.50, J High904 calls $0.50Turn: ($1.85) As.gif (2 players)J High904 checks, drooler kinda looks like droberts if you just glance at the screen
I think you are only getting 2 streets value here, trying for 3 seems too thin with your kicker. I would bet the turn, that way if you do make a flush on the river, the pot is bigger and you can value bet again. Otherwise I would check. It also doesn't give him a chance to improve for free.
you guys really need to stop playing full ring... because he's right about not 3betting that hand due to FR nit position.... but I don't have the discipline to not 3bet AQs
More fishes, more money.[Edit] Well, technically... fml

Brock Parker and Doyle Brunson found themselves all in preflop in a race situation.Parker showed pocket eights and Brunson revealed AQ. The board ran out Q96910 and Parker was eliminated.ah;lalablajkalkjlahi;ahaoubajkbaj;ahgu;ga;jbahkbaj;p'hagejbajldbcbzkjbpa'[eh*Y(*T(&IYVbaj;gakjblhavla

rake at the micros is much higher relative to pot size and the blinds than it is at the higher limits. The cap on rake is usually some figure like $3. Take $5/$10nl for a pot worth 200bbs, so $2,000. The rake is $3, less than 1% of the total pot. Now do that at .05/.10 nl where the rake in a $20 pot is $1.50, almost 8% of the total pot. When you're playing heads up, you're naturally paying more rake, and you're just going to get butchered by it. I guess the counterbalance is that HU your edge can be significantly larger, especially if you game select, so you can try and fade the rake. The same principle applies in general to micro-limit poker.edit: I don't play HU though so....maybe it doesn't matter much. and most sites do offer lower rake rates on HU tables.

feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersBB: $2.52 (Hero)UTG: $3.47 UTG+1: $0.53 MP: $2.55 MP2: $0.81 HJ: $1.65 CO: $1.96 Button: $2.22 SB: $1.66 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with :club::ts (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Button folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.12, UTG+1 folds, CO raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero foldsCO won $0.28(Rake: $0)
feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersBB: $2.52 (Hero)UTG: $3.47 UTG+1: $0.53 MP: $2.55 MP2: $0.81 HJ: $1.65 CO: $1.96 Button: $2.22 SB: $1.66 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with :club::ts (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Button folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.12, UTG+1 folds, CO raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero foldsCO won $0.28(Rake: $0)
Do you use tracking software? Against an unknown I fold, but it would help to know how often he does this, etc. Poker is an information war.

It makes a big difference that he overlimped in the CO as opposed to open limped in EP. This is an easy call with JJ, and maybe even a shove.