New Challenge: Movin' On Up

wait, so you're doing this to try and get QQ, JJ to fold ?I hate it. psychologically, If you have JJ that you are 3 betting with but are not exactly happy about going AI with. It is easier to just call an all in or to have to shove over a 4 bet.
The reality is, if this is the range I'm showing up with you'll be making a ton of mistakes with anything other than Aces or Kings... and if I four bet small with AK or KK I will be stacking off versus the AA or KK so it's a moot point.I suck at 4bet pots OOP bc there's no room to navigate postflop... so I'd prefer to avoid them as much as possible while leaving my strategy unexploitable.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

I dunno, because the guy pretty much narrowed his range to ''i got a pretty fking good hand'' when he pushed 155bb in the pot? If you wanna make a case for calling, please do so. But i sure don't see how putting 200bb in the pot with top pair is obvious.
why call pre if ur gonna fold when u hit ur hand? honestly u should have asked ur self that.. what am i gonna do if i hit an A or K and he bets.. raise/call.if u thought u were gonna fold if u hit one of those... fold pre please.
why call pre if ur gonna fold when u hit ur hand? honestly u should have asked ur self that.. what am i gonna do if i hit an A or K and he bets.. raise/call.if u thought u were gonna fold if u hit one of those... fold pre please.
Don't you reconsider when he overshoves like he did?
Don't you reconsider when he overshoves like he did?
if i were in ur shoes.. i would call and if he has AA/JJ u just say gg nh.
I dunno, because the guy pretty much narrowed his range to ''i got a pretty fking good hand'' when he pushed 155bb in the pot? If you wanna make a case for calling, please do so. But i sure don't see how putting 200bb in the pot with top pair is obvious.
Dude, it's 2nl and people will jam KK here and have no idea what 150bb's are.His range for 4 betting you PF is:AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99, AJ, AQ, AK, + a small amount of random hands.Against that range on this dry board, you have the nuts. Your finger should be sore from calling so hard.
if i were in ur shoes.. i would call and if he has AA/JJ u just say gg nh.
Sure we could, i didn't post this hand if i thought it was an obvious decision. I should have considered his range more, only a few hands beat us, but unless he's a totally maniac, there aren't many more we have beat.
Sure we could, i didn't post this hand if i thought it was an obvious decision. I should have considered his range more, only a few hands beat us, but unless he's a totally maniac, there aren't many more we have beat.
Honestly you're overthinking this... I'd wait till 50NL before I write this off as anything but a snap call... and then it'd probably become a slowroll call. Think about it... who the hell overjams for value on the flop in a 4 bet pot?
Short term, yes
Thanks for qualifying my statement722945.png
The reality is, if this is the range I'm showing up with you'll be making a ton of mistakes with anything other than Aces or Kings... and if I four bet small with AK or KK I will be stacking off versus the AA or KK so it's a moot point.I suck at 4bet pots OOP bc there's no room to navigate postflop... so I'd prefer to avoid them as much as possible while leaving my strategy unexploitable.
If I were you I'd start open shoving aces preflop as a single raise too. Un fucking exploitable
Fine, you guys win. I'm gonna go on exile to New-Zealand for the next 6 months.
Enjoy the country, be sure to fuck a sheep!
FYP :club:

lol. I was actually close to folding after he shoved - I really thought the SB had jacks, but I convinced myself he could have flatted with 10s at the last minute. Is this a bad call? I don't feel like looking up stats, but they're both 22ish/13ish.What could the SB be calling with? Let's just assume his has a normal aggression factor and stats.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($67.10)BB ($27.15)UTG ($47.40)MP ($76.65)Hero (Button) ($67.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with 3diamond.gif, 6diamond.gifUTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50, SB bets $3.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $3, Hero calls $3Flop: ($11) 6spade.gif, Jdiamond.gif, 3club.gif(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls $7, UTG raises to $43.90 (All-In), Hero raises to $64.40 (All-In), SB calls $56.60 (All-In)Turn: ($182.10) Adiamond.gif(3 players, 3 all-in)River: ($182.10) 7diamond.gif(3 players, 3 all-in)Total pot: $182.10 | Rake: $3Results:Hero had 3diamond.gif, 6diamond.gif (flush, Ace high).SB had Jheart.gif, Jclub.gif (three of a kind, Jacks).UTG had Jspade.gif, Qspade.gif (one pair, Jacks).Outcome: Hero won $179.10

lol. I was actually close to folding after he shoved - I really thought the SB had jacks, but I convinced myself he could have flatted with 10s at the last minute. Is this a bad call? I don't feel like looking up stats, but they're both 22ish/13ish.What could the SB be calling with? Let's just assume his has a normal aggression factor and stats.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($67.10)BB ($27.15)UTG ($47.40)MP ($76.65)Hero (Button) ($67.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with 3diamond.gif, 6diamond.gifUTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50, SB bets $3.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $3, Hero calls $3Flop: ($11) 6spade.gif, Jdiamond.gif, 3club.gif(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls $7, UTG raises to $43.90 (All-In), Hero raises to $64.40 (All-In), SB calls $56.60 (All-In)Turn: ($182.10) Adiamond.gif(3 players, 3 all-in)River: ($182.10) 7diamond.gif(3 players, 3 all-in)Total pot: $182.10 | Rake: $3Results:Hero had 3diamond.gif, 6diamond.gif (flush, Ace high).SB had Jheart.gif, Jclub.gif (three of a kind, Jacks).UTG had Jspade.gif, Qspade.gif (one pair, Jacks).Outcome: Hero won $179.10
Nice runners. So you're the clown who always does this shit to me?

I don't think you can fold...had SB called first then yeah you can put him on JJ and muck, but as is you don't know what he's going to do until after you've acted. for all you know he had c/ced w/overs or a hand like 88.

If I were you I'd start open shoving aces preflop as a single raise too. Un fucking exploitable
You're missing my point entirely... I'm avoiding putting myself in spots where I think I'm -EV long term

LOL at balancing. The fact you *have to* balance something like this at the micros pretty much proves my point. How about you learn to play more +ev by learning to play these spots? I mean I have no clue how 4bet pots OOP with AK is that difficult. You have either the nuts or two overcards with a 70bb effective stack with a potsize of 50-55bb.Here's a hint: don't fold

Thoughts on the blocker bet?Too small?Villain is 50/14 over small sample.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($5)Hero (BB) ($5)UTG ($4.88)MP ($4.82)Button ($4.66)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 :4h, J :3h1 fold, MP calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($0.12) 3 :ts, 9 :club:, 7 :qh(2 players)Hero bets $0.10, MP calls $0.10Turn: ($0.32) 6 :jh(2 players)Hero bets $0.25, MP calls $0.25River: ($0.82) 7 :5c(2 players)Hero bets $0.55, MP raises to $2.40, Hero foldsTotal pot: $1.92 | Rake: $0.05