New Challenge: Movin' On Up

for a weak/tight player's flatting a 3-bet range when I hold KJs, the only hands I have to worry about are AJ and KQ... and I only have to worry about the few times that we simultaneously connnectand remember... you both simultaneously connect the same pair at the frequency of flopping a set
You do realize that if his range is AA to 88 + AK to AJ + KQ, AJ and KQ is 66% of his flatting range, considering he will ALWAYS raise with JJ+ and AK.And i hope you also realize that you rate to lose a much bigger pot than you could win playing against his range. KJs equity is pointless unless you get it in preflop, or if the hand is checked down (none of these scenarios are gonna happen).
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

and it makes fishies crazy... this guy was at the table for over an hour and drops a WTF bombferal_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersSB: $25.00 (Hero)BB: $25.97 UTG: $13.71 UTG+1: $25.00 CO: $36.42 Button: $5.78 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Kc.gifAd.gif (6 players)4 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB raises to $2.52, Hero raises to $25, and is all in, BB calls $22.48Flop: ($50.10) 7c.gifQs.gifAh.gif (2 players)Turn: ($50.10) Th.gif (2 players)River: ($50.10) 2d.gif (2 players)Hero showed Kc.gifAd.gif, and won ($47.50) with a pair of AcesBB showed 7h.gif9d.gif, and lost with a pair of SevensHero won $47.50(Rake: $2.50)
Did you really 4bet him for 10 times the size of his raise with AKoff? This is gotta be wrong.

stackadonkin w/kingsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($10.96)UTG ($4.43)MP ($24.50)Button ($10.30)SB ($10.97)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :ts, K :club:UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.40, MP calls $0.40Flop: ($1.55) 2 :club:, 6 :5c, 3 :3h(3 players)Hero bets $1.10, UTG calls $1.10, MP calls $1.10Turn: ($4.85) 9 :4h(3 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $2.83 (All-In), MP calls $2.83, Hero raises to $9.36 (All-In)

Did you really 4bet him for 10 times the size of his raise with AKoff? This is gotta be wrong.
If he is going to be calling it off with 9 high then I don't mind it. Giving room to 5 bet bluff is pointless when his value range has 9high, your not going to get that much more value by letting him bluff imo.Readless it is spew, with a read probably optimal.
If he is going to be calling it off with 9 high then I don't mind it. Giving room to 5 bet bluff is pointless when his value range has 9high, your not going to get that much more value by letting him bluff imo.Readless it is spew, with a read probably optimal.
He said the guy was there for a hour before he ''drops his WTF bomb''.feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersUTG+1: $3.91 MP: $3.97 (Hero)MP2: $5.02 HJ: $4.23 CO: $5.67 Button: $1.88 SB: $3.01 BB: $2.99 UTG: $2.73 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with :ts:5c (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 5 folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.58, Hero calls $0.34Flop: ($1.19) :4h:3h:club: (3 players)UTG+1 bets $3.33, and is all in, Hero foldsUTG+1 won $1.14(Rake: $0.08)
What if your range for a 4bet jam like this is exactly AK and KK... what's the optimal way to proceed as an opponent?
Fold and save money. You basically announces to the table that unless they have AA or KK, they should fold. Way to lose value out of hands like AQ and AJ.
Fold and save money. You basically announces to the table that unless they have AA or KK, they should fold. Way to lose value out of hands like AQ and AJ.
You can still get value from AQ and AJ, because people will still call all ins with those hands.Also, I can't say for certain since it's not really relevant at the stakes I play, but I believe there are certain situations where 4 bet/shoving a hand much lighter than AK can be profitable. Not because they'll call with worse, but because they'll fold better.

Jonnnnnn, 4 bet bluff shoving!!So I don't get many spots to cold 4-bet, so thoughts on sizingferal_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersButton: $33.67 SB: $12.35 BB: $10.35 (Hero)UTG: $10.19 UTG+1: $9.85 CO: $9.87 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Kc.gifKs.gif (6 players)2 folds, CO raises to $0.25, Button raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.30,Button is like 45/35, 16% 3bet over 50 hands and has a lot of chippies

Not because they'll call with worse, but because they'll fold better.
exacaryalso ur right that if you're facing an uber donk, or your oppt sees you do it often enough, you will start getting curiosity calls
feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersBB: $2.20 UTG: $2.01 UTG+1: $2.11 MP: $3.35 MP2: $0.70 HJ: $4.27 CO: $2.81 (Hero)Button: $0.77 SB: $0.70 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with :ts:club: (9 players)3 folds, HJ calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, HJ raises to $0.26, Hero foldsHJ won $0.23(Rake: $0)Too weak?
feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersBB: $2.20 UTG: $2.01 UTG+1: $2.11 MP: $3.35 MP2: $0.70 HJ: $4.27 CO: $2.81 (Hero)Button: $0.77 SB: $0.70 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with :ts:club: (9 players)3 folds, HJ calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, HJ raises to $0.26, Hero foldsHJ won $0.23(Rake: $0)Too weak?
I think so, although I know nothing about 9 handed.What I do know is that HJ limped/3 bet which is really stupid, but that doesn't mean he can't have a monster. Take into account his raise was less than 3x, you have a pretty good hand, and you'll have posistion.I think I call here.

Thought so too. His limp followed by a 3bet initially struck me as strong; i don't have a loose image or anything. Then i looked at my easily dominated hand and figured i could just let it go. I think the depth of our stacks, my position and the odds warranted a flop.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 8 playersUTG: $2.93 (Hero)UTG+1: $1.85 MP: $2.66 HJ: $1.70 CO: $2.58 Button: $2.59 SB: $1.94 BB: $0.11 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with :ts:4h (8 players)UTG+1 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, Button calls $0.04, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.12, UTG+1 folds, Button calls $0.08Flop: ($0.29) :club::qh:5c (3 players)Hero bets $0.20, Button raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20Turn: ($1.09) :3h (3 players)Hero checks, Button bets $1.04, Hero foldsButton won $1.02(Rake: $0.07)I absolutely hate these spots. Should have raised to at least 0.16 preflop. Do you guys ever call the min-raise?

Just finished a session i thought i did really good... until i find out i was down a buy-in...I guess i'm just subconsciously used to losing more than a buy-in per session lately, fml

Just finished a session i thought i did really good... until i find out i was down a buy-in...I guess i'm just subconsciously used to losing more than a buy-in per session lately, fml
LOL truth
wejwruvfgrferbherubnrfbhehbyeiuhre, playing well and winning money are almost independent events.
Slumps ****ing sux. I'm gonna need to review sessions and shit. Even bonus can't keep me afloat... and i'm playing 2NL damn it.
Chances are you're missing thin value bets on the river or looking up players on the river too often. Another easy mistake is overvaluing TP/TK in single raised pots.I know you'll think it's the devil... but try playing short for a lil. It will remove your turn/river mistakes and you can find out where your game is leaking easier
He said the guy was there for a hour before he ''drops his WTF bomb''.feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersUTG+1: $3.91 MP: $3.97 (Hero)MP2: $5.02 HJ: $4.23 CO: $5.67 Button: $1.88 SB: $3.01 BB: $2.99 UTG: $2.73 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with :ts:5c (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 5 folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.58, Hero calls $0.34Flop: ($1.19) :4h:3h:club: (3 players)UTG+1 bets $3.33, and is all in, Hero foldsUTG+1 won $1.14(Rake: $0.08)
i dont get it... misclick?why would u fold if u call and hit ur hand... thats like setmining.. hitting and folding to an overbet.
wejwruvfgrferbherubnrfbhehbyeiuhre, playing well and winning money are almost independent events.
I know. I mean i thought the sessions was going well.
exacaryalso ur right that if you're facing an uber donk, or your oppt sees you do it often enough, you will start getting curiosity calls
wait, so you're doing this to try and get QQ, JJ to fold ?I hate it. psychologically, If you have JJ that you are 3 betting with but are not exactly happy about going AI with. It is easier to just call an all in or to have to shove over a 4 bet.
i dont get it... misclick?why would u fold if u call and hit ur hand... thats like setmining.. hitting and folding to an overbet.
I dunno, because the guy pretty much narrowed his range to ''i got a pretty fking good hand'' when he pushed 155bb in the pot? If you wanna make a case for calling, please do so. But i sure don't see how putting 200bb in the pot with top pair is obvious.