New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Probably. I don't recall 25nl ever being that much different from 10nl. Just last night it ran like what I remember from 50nl, lots of 3betting pf and flop raising. AJ was a std 3betting hand from all positions.even still I don't think $545 is enough of a roll to start the 25nl grind. getting nittier in my old age as if that's at all possible.

GL, Ninja Babs, you suck!Syntonic, your video is downloading.Todays lesson; how to lose money with the nuts:feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersBB: $6.38 UTG: $29.77 UTG+1: $8.03 CO: $10.49 Button: $20.48 SB: $10.00 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Jc.gifKc.gif (6 players)2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Button folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB foldsFlop: ($0.90) Th.gifQd.gifAc.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60Turn: ($2.10) 9h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4, CO calls $2.50River: ($10.10) 8d.gif (2 players)Hero bets $5, and is all in, CO calls $5CO showed Js.gifKs.gif, and won ($9.38) with a straight, Ace highHero showed Jc.gifKc.gif, and won ($9.38) with a straight, Ace highCO won $9.38Hero won $9.38(Rake: $1.34)
Obviously wouldn't have changed results, but raise the flop. Like big.

didn't see the hand, yeah raise the flop. This is the kind of board people don't fck around on, so when he bets it you can be sure he's got something, and chances are that something is drawing very thin.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($10)UTG ($11.79)MP ($25.27)Hero (CO) ($10.45)Button ($10.78)SB ($8.15)Preflop: Hero is CO with 10 :4h, A :5c2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.65) 10 :club:, 10 :3h, K :ts(2 players)BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, BB calls $0.60Turn: ($2.05) 6 :qh(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80River: ($5.65) Q :jh(2 players)BB bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90Total pot: $9.45 | Rake: $0.63

(especially when you play such a hyperaggro style, 3betting from OOP/IP/itdoesntmatter w/almost any two cards). I can't comment on your playing style because over the years it's worked for you and I have little experience doing it; I'll say that it seems spewy to just 3-bet from say the SB w/KJo (which you had shown here earlier) w/out any compelling reason other than to increase the redline.
Do you use a HUD when you play? If you watched me play carefully you'd see that I'm not just playing ATC against any player in any position. Yes, you'll see me go to showdown incredilight sometimes and the whole table will wtf and assume it's just random spewyness... but the reality is I'm targeting specific players who are opening with their widest ranges (which just so happens to be when they're in the CO or on the button or BVB). Yes, they have position on me, but the weak/tight players are almost always going to be faced with a bet no matter where from. I assure you that once I start going aggro light on somebody it's because I'm fairly certain that it will work (if not just for the time being). Then you get a dual benefit from less weak/tight players who assume you are targeting them just as wide.
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($10)UTG ($11.79)MP ($25.27)Hero (CO) ($10.45)Button ($10.78)SB ($8.15)Preflop: Hero is CO with 10 :4h, A :5c2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.65) 10 :club:, 10 :3h, K :ts(2 players)BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, BB calls $0.60Turn: ($2.05) 6 :qh(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80River: ($5.65) Q :jh(2 players)BB bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90Total pot: $9.45 | Rake: $0.63
NH?
block bet? I would min raise the river :D
Do you use a HUD when you play? If you watched me play carefully you'd see that I'm not just playing ATC against any player in any position. Yes, you'll see me go to showdown incredilight sometimes and the whole table will wtf and assume it's just random spewyness... but the reality is I'm targeting specific players who are opening with their widest ranges (which just so happens to be when they're in the CO or on the button or BVB). Yes, they have position on me, but the weak/tight players are almost always going to be faced with a bet no matter where from. I assure you that once I start going aggro light on somebody it's because I'm fairly certain that it will work (if not just for the time being). Then you get a dual benefit from less weak/tight players who assume you are targeting them just as wide.
I used to play w/ a HUD religiously and when I move up fulltime to 25nl then I'll buy a license for HEM. I know what it means to exploit/target nitty players (I am one fwiw). Poker today is a joke because of all the advantages modern databases bring. Now I've never played with you so I don't know what you're doing. All I know about your game is that 1) you're maniacally aggressive and 2) you're a longterm winner. So it works for you, and as I said from the outset I'm not in a position to criticize what you're doing. This is your style, not mine. But lately you're wondering if there's anything you can do to curb this crazy downswing. Besides blaming variance, I can suggest that you're playing too aggressively because, at these stakes, it's hard I find to get people to lay hands down. Now you say that you're targeting players when their ranges are at their weakest, but in another thread you attacked a tight UTG raiser when you were OOP w/a dominated hand whose only value came from card removal. It doesn't matter if he's weak/tight; his range is as strong as it'll be from UTG, he views you as a maniac, and you're going to be out of position. Even if you won the hand by snapping off a bluff or value shoving the river very thinly, I cannot see this as a profitable way to handle KJo from the SB. And if in that one case you had deviated from your customary plan of attacking late position nits, then where else are you doing it? How many times have you attacked nitty players and gotten felted because you ignored their aggression? How many times have you tried to get calling stations to fold to you? How many desperation river bluffs have you run praying that someone's going to fold one pair when he's getting 2.5:1?I don't know, only you do. But I know that you're telling us one thing - you target certain players, notably nitty LP raisers - and you're showing something else.
Droberts is a fish:1. FR2. Rush3. Skype?That is all
clearing bonuses.. FTL.. who needs skype?!?!

for a weak/tight player's flatting a 3-bet range when I hold KJs, the only hands I have to worry about are AJ and KQ... and I only have to worry about the few times that we simultaneously connnectand remember... you both simultaneously connect the same pair at the frequency of flopping a set

for a weak/tight player's flatting a 3-bet range when I hold KJs, the only hands I have to worry about are AJ and KQ... and I only have to worry about the few times that we simultaneously connnectand remember... you both simultaneously connect the same pair at the frequency of flopping a set
What? You implying that a weak/tight, let alone a micro-stake player, wouldn't call with AK, JJ or maybe even premium pairs? How can you assume he would 4-bet all of these?
LOL yeah, and I assume he's also flatting KT and QJ? lmao
Putting yourself in a position where you can be dominated is bad. There is a reason you don't raise QTo UTG and it is the same reason you shouldn't be 3 betting KJs. 3 bet with 76s, 68s, 98o, where you will never have to worry about reverse implied odds of flopping a good hand.
Putting yourself in a position where you can be dominated is bad. There is a reason you don't raise QTo UTG and it is the same reason you shouldn't be 3 betting KJs. 3 bet with 76s, 68s, 98o, where you will never have to worry about reverse implied odds of flopping a good hand.
But it's also rarer that you do flop a decent hand with low sc's... and often with sc's you'll pick up a flop where you're jamming for FE even harder. There's give and take with 3 betting every type of playable hand that isn't a monster
What? You implying that a weak/tight, let alone a micro-stake player, wouldn't call with AK, JJ or maybe even premium pairs? How can you assume he would 4-bet all of these?
You can't make this assumption, but you can assume the frequency of a player who flats these hands is lower than the frequency of a player who doesn't... basically they don't show up as often, but they do show up. Also a player who is playing these hands passively pre is very likely not to be inclined to stack off without TP/TK+ ... and if you wait around to make those types of hands when you're automagically facing barrels... you won't profit long term (in 3 bet pots at least). And remember, even when we get it in crushed it's not like it's 0 equity. That 10 to 30 percent makes a big difference in long term results in those situations.
LOL yeah, and I assume he's also flatting KT and QJ? lmao
It happens, but it's rarer than the flats with premiums.... you can probably totally exclude KT bc he's UTG and a player like that prolly won't even open that... but there are an ish ton of Ax hands and mid pairs that make up a majority of the range.
feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersSB: $26.02 (Hero)BB: $26.46 UTG: $26.46 UTG+1: $44.77 CO: $9.05 Button: $37.76 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Qc.gifKd.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, UTG calls $2.25, UTG+1 foldsFlop: ($7.00) Jc.gif5c.gifTh.gif (2 players)Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4Turn: ($15.00) Qs.gif (2 players)Hero bets $8, UTG raises to $19.46, and is all in, Hero calls $11.02, and is all inRiver: ($53.04) 6c.gif (2 players)Hero showed Qc.gifKd.gif, and lost with a pair of QueensUTG showed Jd.gifQd.gif, and won ($50.39) with two pair, Queens and JacksUTG won $50.39(Rake: $2.65)

and it makes fishies crazy... this guy was at the table for over an hour and drops a WTF bombferal_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersSB: $25.00 (Hero)BB: $25.97 UTG: $13.71 UTG+1: $25.00 CO: $36.42 Button: $5.78 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Kc.gifAd.gif (6 players)4 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB raises to $2.52, Hero raises to $25, and is all in, BB calls $22.48Flop: ($50.10) 7c.gifQs.gifAh.gif (2 players)Turn: ($50.10) Th.gif (2 players)River: ($50.10) 2d.gif (2 players)Hero showed Kc.gifAd.gif, and won ($47.50) with a pair of AcesBB showed 7h.gif9d.gif, and lost with a pair of SevensHero won $47.50(Rake: $2.50)

But it's also rarer that you do flop a decent hand with low sc's... and often with sc's you'll pick up a flop where you're jamming for FE even harder. There's give and take with 3 betting every type of playable hand that isn't a monster
What are the reasons why you three bet? If there is more then one reason are they related and if so by how much?

1:30 Ad8d IPITS 2:30 T8s I'd cbet- it's an Ahi dry board/4:00 QJo - I like the river fold, I doubt you beat anything he donk-3-barrels except for total air, but he is semi competent looking (29/24/2.0)4:50 - 45s sexy6:00 AJo - I like all 3 options preflop. I paused it before you acted on the river; I love betting for thin value, but this is prob too thin. Like you just mentioned that TT may call, but I doubt it. Your hand looks like 88 that slow-played the boat or either Jx Kx that floated and called in position. (Solid check back/nice suck out)8:05 JJ Well played9:30 55 - I don't like the idea of 3-betting if you were deeper based on the dynamic. On the turn, I like betting; IPITS10:30 - A8o I like it a lot11:10 A4s I like 4x in the sb in BvB ("versus" if trystero is reading my post out loud) You played it well imo, gay river12:45 sick teeth brag13:30 A8o plz open that on the button, k thanks (blinds are nits)14:20 T9 raise it yo16:00 99 - sigh at him not having anything16:30 I love it when you say good bye to your cards as you fold18:00 I'm on to you, LOL :club: This isn't a poker video this is you being a comedian, hof19:45 A6o back to poker, I like the 4 bet bluff but and I like the sizing "I von't be poooshed around"Lots of great rants in this video - "of course, of course"PLEASE ADD 3bet stats to your HUD, you added fold to 3bet, which is nice, but you need to add 3bet, fish21:30 A8s I like the way you've played it, but plz don't raise the river, he's not calling with worse, you're chopping a ton and so many of the Jx hands are a boat, so just call his bet imoOH, good you just called23:45 69s "if he were deeper I'd seriously consider calling this 3bet" FAIL next handYou are getting 3-bet a lot, except for when you have KK and stuff, but man when you raise garbage they come after you, I suspect they can see your cards24:30 A8s, calling the 3bet is def a leak, spewy imo. He's new to the table and we have no info, even in position, this is not a profitable spotCalling the flop is pretty wtf also. Like even if you want to take it away on the turn, you have to hope to meet the bottom of his 3betting range (like AQ and not KK) and you need him to be able to fold, which we don't know about an unknown with 70bb stack"I'm not like discouraged or anything. I'm also raising 75 on the button, and I win, so it's whatever"26:45: T7o "what do you have?" good fold27:40 KTo otb. I know you have hands going on the other tables, but damn man, raise more buttons!!!28:00 JJ really liked how you played it29:00 KTs like calling against the nits UTG range pre-flop is pretty bad, but once you get to the flop, it's sexy. It's paused, but I'm gonna call for a 1-time: ROYALLLLLLLLLLLLL pleaseBINK!!!!!! (no royal, but syntonic sucks out again :ts )EEZY PEEZY LEMON SQUEEZYseriously, we all need to watch syntonic videos for the comic gold"I just want to know what it feels like to win, ya know? ya know?"33:30 boring video and commentary ;)34:00 KQo don't 3 bet and don't fold, so call. IPITS36:00 QTs I like the float, but yeah, ez fold on turn, niceIT'S A GOOD FLOP!!!!!Good video, sir!

your losing it man, like really really badly