New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

gfs are ridic -Ev. even in poker. she's in here blabbing about some project she's working on and it causes me to make a terrible call for a stack. thxedit: now she spills Chai all over the carpet wtf

Then how come u ran like a scaredy cat when I 3bet you with 65o :club:
I'm not your average micro player ;)Die, if you are at my tables and don't say hello
gfs are ridic -Ev. even in poker. she's in here blabbing about some project she's working on and it causes me to make a terrible call for a stack. thxedit: now she spills Chai all over the carpet wtf
Dump her, get with her best friend (or sister), tp/mm EZ GAME amirite?

He's just a -116bb/100 in my book so far ;)SICK HOLD, but I still suck at poker...feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 5 playersCO: $10.00 Button: $16.27 SB: $18.92 BB: $10.25 (Hero)UTG: $10.89 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 9s.gif9h.gif (5 players)UTG folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($0.85) 9c.gif6c.gif7h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.30, CO raises to $4.20, Hero raises to $9.85, and is all in, CO calls $5.40, and is all inTurn: ($20.05) Ah.gif (2 players)River: ($20.05) 2s.gif (2 players)CO showed Kc.gifQc.gif, and lost with Ace King highHero showed 9s.gif9h.gif, and won ($18.72) with three of a kind, NinesHero won $18.72(Rake: $1.33)Edit: I didn't realize how small my c/r was... def not standard

Villain was something like 63/25 over a very small sample.Is there any other way to play the flop other than raise? PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (CO) ($5)Button ($4.50)SB ($10.15)BB ($8.43)UTG ($13.90)MP ($2.48)Preflop: Hero is CO with 2 :5c, 2 :3h2 folds, Hero bets $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10Flop: ($0.32) 4 :club:, 2 :4h, 6 :ts(2 players)BB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40

time banked to 10 before making the callPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($4.17)BB ($13.52)Hero (UTG) ($5.73)MP ($13.46)Button ($13.14)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q :club:, 10 :tsHero bets $0.15, MP calls $0.15, 3 foldsFlop: ($0.37) J :5c, 9 :3h, 2 :4h(2 players)Hero bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30Turn: ($0.97) A :qh(2 players)Hero bets $0.75, MP calls $0.75River: ($2.47) 10 :jh(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $1.95, Hero calls $1.95Total pot: $6.37 | Rake: $0.30

Mehhhh not sure I like it Jon. You're pretty much hoping for missed spades, but there aren't many of those that you beat anyway. Axss beats you, KQss beats you, he can't have KJss, KTss even beats you. He can't have QJss, and you chop with QTss.Seems like a poor call to me.

I agree it's not the best call, but this villain was pretty aggresive.I tend to make a lot of these type calls though, which is typically not the way to make money at the micro stakes. However, the majority of the time my calls are good, and very rarely do I get shown a better hand.

then you played a read. but let us know. :club:
oops.i guess i should also add that most of my river calls are read based.in addition to using a hud, i also take a crap ton of notes on players.another thing that I think helps which i don't know how many here do is to look up the regs in my PT (a reg is someone i classify as having at least 100 hands on), and search for them. then i'll just open their table and take notes on them, and any other players at the table.

those are good habits. when you move up, and the player pool gets smaller, then you should study the regs in your game by reviewing your database and looking for ways to exploit them. note what you did and how they responded.100 hands though is nothing.

I'm sure everyone thinks I'm an LOL donk here but I'm gonna put this whine post in anyway bc i really need to vent.I've been on a crazy downslide for 2 weeks now putting in insane volume. I've switched up styles many times durring this slide... my regular game... my hyper aggressive game... total nit game... really every gear in the handbook... and I'm still sliding down and down and down a couple grand at micro stakes. It feels like a bad run, honestly. I've gone over my db over and over and yes there are mistakes here and there but not too many huge ones... and very many disgustingly sick plays on my part. I mean... i'm folding queens and jacks in the right spot preflop... I'm losing the minimum in flush over flush situations... my A's vs K's are like totally disgustingly backwards to the point where I'm almost considering trying to find spots to fold them pre but then I realize that's retarded. I have titled pretty hard in a couple spots at the very end of these sessions bc it seems to be groundhogs day and after 5 hours of straight set over set nonsense I snap. I dunno... I'm starting to think maybe I am terrible at this game and I've just been happening to run good for a few years... and now I'm running normal and it turns out I suck. I mean... are there any winning players that go through a 30k plus hand downslide? Technically somehow I'm still in profit mode on my return by a few dollars at the moment but I'm sure that'll get fixed soon. If any really exp'd players could halp it'd be great bc I'm in a really shitty spot in my life where I really *need* to go back to being pro, but I just can't seem to get past this block

Could be a small sample size you're looking atWhat is your 3-bet %, what is your fold to 3bet?In my opinion, once micro stakes players put money in the pot they want to see a flop, so I assume their fold to 3bet % is low
Odd. I have been playing on FT for 50k hands and they seem to believe that a 3-bet = AAMy 3-bet % 2.9 and my 3-bet call% is 57.6 while SSing on 2NL.

Yeah even for like huge winners at 6max 50k+ hand breakeven stretches are standard. There's not much use like just going over your DB later. Cut down from 12 tables or w/e you're playing and just 4 table and focus on all your decisions. Also here's my graph for the year if it makes you feel betterBQ6n62TKdjFq13MZsPXT.png

GL, Ninja Babs, you suck!Syntonic, your video is downloading.Todays lesson; how to lose money with the nuts:feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersBB: $6.38 UTG: $29.77 UTG+1: $8.03 CO: $10.49 Button: $20.48 SB: $10.00 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Jc.gifKc.gif (6 players)2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Button folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB foldsFlop: ($0.90) Th.gifQd.gifAc.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60Turn: ($2.10) 9h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4, CO calls $2.50River: ($10.10) 8d.gif (2 players)Hero bets $5, and is all in, CO calls $5CO showed Js.gifKs.gif, and won ($9.38) with a straight, Ace highHero showed Jc.gifKc.gif, and won ($9.38) with a straight, Ace highCO won $9.38Hero won $9.38(Rake: $1.34)

Villain is an aggro monkey;feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG+1: $11.04 (Hero)CO: $6.89 Button: $10.00 SB: $6.65 BB: $10.00 UTG: $7.48 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+1 with 7h.gif8h.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, CO folds, Button calls $0.30, 2 foldsFlop: ($1.05) Qh.gif6h.gif7d.gif (3 players)UTG bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2, Button folds, UTG raises to $5.20, Hero raises to $8.40, UTG calls $1.98, and is all inTurn: ($15.41) Ts.gif (2 players)River: ($15.41) Kh.gif (2 players)Hero showed 7h.gif8h.gif, and lost with a flush, King highUTG showed Jh.gifTh.gif, and won ($14.39) with a flush, King highUTG won $14.39(Rake: $1.02)

I'm sure everyone thinks I'm an LOL donk here but I'm gonna put this whine post in anyway bc i really need to vent.I've been on a crazy downslide for 2 weeks now putting in insane volume. I've switched up styles many times durring this slide... my regular game... my hyper aggressive game... total nit game... really every gear in the handbook... and I'm still sliding down and down and down a couple grand at micro stakes. It feels like a bad run, honestly. I've gone over my db over and over and yes there are mistakes here and there but not too many huge ones... and very many disgustingly sick plays on my part. I mean... i'm folding queens and jacks in the right spot preflop... I'm losing the minimum in flush over flush situations... my A's vs K's are like totally disgustingly backwards to the point where I'm almost considering trying to find spots to fold them pre but then I realize that's retarded. I have titled pretty hard in a couple spots at the very end of these sessions bc it seems to be groundhogs day and after 5 hours of straight set over set nonsense I snap. I dunno... I'm starting to think maybe I am terrible at this game and I've just been happening to run good for a few years... and now I'm running normal and it turns out I suck. I mean... are there any winning players that go through a 30k plus hand downslide? Technically somehow I'm still in profit mode on my return by a few dollars at the moment but I'm sure that'll get fixed soon. If any really exp'd players could halp it'd be great bc I'm in a really shitty spot in my life where I really *need* to go back to being pro, but I just can't seem to get past this block
Last night I tried out some 25nl and saw you at a table, immediately got up. I searched for you after that and saw you masstabling. So, seconded to babylon's suggestion to cut down on them. That's way too many imo. I haven't played 25nl 6max in quite a while and the last time I did was on AP. Maybe that's not true; I may have tried some on FTP last year, I cannot remember really. Either way, what I saw last night, admittedly a small sample, was very aggro. Like at one point I had opened w/JJ UTG and UTG+1 3-bet me. It wound up being a small pot so I got to see his hand: T8s. According to PTR he's a longterm loser but still, when you're up against that kind of aggression then it's going to be easy to run badly like you're doing and lose a ton of money (especially when you play such a hyperaggro style, 3betting from OOP/IP/itdoesntmatter w/almost any two cards). I can't comment on your playing style because over the years it's worked for you and I have little experience doing it; I'll say that it seems spewy to just 3-bet from say the SB w/KJo (which you had shown here earlier) w/out any compelling reason other than to increase the redline.After that I'll probably stick to 10nl until I win a few more BIs for 25.