New Challenge: Movin' On Up

OsOO_xcZ5ZUgRlH2gDUE.pngHere is my graph for the month of January. Been playing mostly 2NL 9-handed, but also some 6-handed.I started the month using a short-stack strategy on 8-tables but i decided to switch to a max of 4 tables of deep-stacking. I blew half of my winnings to a bunch of LAGs at 5NL 6-handed deepstack, not really proud of my play there. Not to happy of the way i've been playing lately. I've been entering many pots with marginals hands using implied odds as an ''excuse'' since my opponents are really loose and deep-stacked. It hasn't paid off but hasn't necessarily backfired neither.Positive sides; Played as many hands this month than i have played in 2009. Been exploring FullTilt and what it has to offer.Negative sides; I feel like i lost a big part of my game since i read the 2nd chapter of Harrington on Cash games (ironically). It turned me into a real LAGtard in deepstack plays preflop. Probably part of the process of learning.Objectives for February; Play 20k hands. Finish the first volume of Harrington on Cash games. Be more solid and patient preflop. Earn enough FTPs to buy Gus Hansen's All Hands Revealed (unless you guys have a better suggestion)
This might have to do with taking flops OOP with marginal hands. I'm about halfway through Harringtons first book and it seems to encourage taking a lot of flops with hands the deeper stacked you are. It doesn't seem to put a lot of emphasis on position, yet anyway.I was browsing the FPP store the other day and saw a lot of new instructional DVD's. Anybody bought/seen these? Are they better than books?
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Confused about this one, villain is 17/16/68 over 250 hands.I usually bet this flop obviously, but I thought he might bet trying to get me off a pair under kings. Is the flop check just bad? What do I do on the river?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($87.75)SB ($53.05)Hero (BB) ($60.30)UTG ($50.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kheart.gif, Aclub.gif1 fold, Button bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5.50, Button calls $4Flop: ($11.25) Kspade.gif, 2heart.gif, 8club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25Turn: ($23.75) 5club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: ($23.75) 10club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $76 (All-In)
Flop check is fine for balance. I think bet the river, but as played I think you gotta fold, he doesn't think you have much b/c of your line so why would he bluff that big? He'd bet pretty small if he was bluffing, IMO.
Flop check is fine for balance. I think bet the river, but as played I think you gotta fold, he doesn't think you have much b/c of your line so why would he bluff that big? He'd bet pretty small if he was bluffing, IMO.
Yeah I think you're right. River bet would have been good.Edit: I obv folded, but he claimed he had KK. I just laughed and told him I had a king. He said, "But not AK, right. Otherwise you would have called?" Not sure if that gives any insight into what he had. Do you think a set of 8's could check the turn? I'm pretty sure he had 10s after I folded, but meh...

very first hand at table... so no reads or stats.Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 519310The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $8.30CO: $8.86BTN: $4.85SB: $5.80Hero (BB): $10.00Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :club: K :heart:UTG calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, 1 foldFlop: ($2.90) 3 :ts 3 :5c 5 :3h(4 players)Hero bets $2, UTG calls $2, CO calls $2, BTN calls $2Turn: ($10.90) J :4h(4 players)

Shovel, we have to get all the money in with KK against 3 guys with 50-80bb stacks... effective stacks are ~$6.00 vs the CO and the pot is $11... ez gameI think we get a lot of calls aginst flush draws, straight draws, 66-99 Jx etcF them if they limp called A3

very first hand at table... so no reads or stats.Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 519310The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $8.30CO: $8.86BTN: $4.85SB: $5.80Hero (BB): $10.00Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :club: K :heart:UTG calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, 1 foldFlop: ($2.90) 3 :ts 3 :5c 5 :3h(4 players)Hero bets $2, UTG calls $2, CO calls $2, BTN calls $2Turn: ($10.90) J :4h(4 players)
Shovel. I mould make it more on the flop too, at least 2.50.
Confused about this one, villain is 17/16/68 over 250 hands.I usually bet this flop obviously, but I thought he might bet trying to get me off a pair under kings. Is the flop check just bad? What do I do on the river?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($87.75)SB ($53.05)Hero (BB) ($60.30)UTG ($50.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kheart.gif, Aclub.gif1 fold, Button bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5.50, Button calls $4Flop: ($11.25) Kspade.gif, 2heart.gif, 8club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25Turn: ($23.75) 5club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: ($23.75) 10club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $76 (All-In)
Alright, so my cash game is a little rusty, but i think this is a call. I don't think he can like ever have the flush here, as stated I think that he is gonna try to get it in with a set on the flop or turn. I really think this can be KQ/KJ or something along those lines. His stats (tho not huge sample size) tells that he is semi competent, i think that we win enough to make this callBut again, I haven't played cash in like a year

Gotta disagree this time TrueAce, why would he bet that big with TPGK? Hero has shown no strength, he would value bet far less in order to get a call. He would also bluff for less b/c he figures Hero won't have much so why risk it all on the times Hero backed into something big. This is like always TT or a weird flush.

so i know most are against limping pre.. but as played river?reason i completed SB is that i dont mind taking 10 8 suited multiway as im not stacking off hitting top pair and such.Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 519544The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP: $7.08CO: $1.54BTN: $10.51Hero (SB): $10.00BB: $4.00UTG: $3.55Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 8 :club: T :ts1 fold, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checksFlop: ($0.50) 7 :4h 9 :jh 6 :5c(5 players)Hero bets $0.30, BB folds, MP calls $0.30, CO folds, BTN foldsTurn: ($1.10) 6 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $0.90, MP calls $0.90River: ($2.90) 5 :qh(2 players)no stats or reads here either... second hand at table.. but i noticed while waiting for BB that it was limpfest table(reason i sat honestly, and not to limp along with them either) and 2 people had called down with middle pairs

lol for some reason, i thought there was more in the pot...i'm retarded...don't listen to what i wrote, yea...this is a fold :D
blame it on the ah-ah ah-ah ah-al-co-hol
so i know most are against limping pre.. but as played river?reason i completed SB is that i dont mind taking 10 8 suited multiway as im not stacking off hitting top pair and such.Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 519544The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP: $7.08CO: $1.54BTN: $10.51Hero (SB): $10.00BB: $4.00UTG: $3.55Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 8 :club: T :ts1 fold, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checksFlop: ($0.50) 7 :4h 9 :jh 6 :5c(5 players)Hero bets $0.30, BB folds, MP calls $0.30, CO folds, BTN foldsTurn: ($1.10) 6 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $0.90, MP calls $0.90River: ($2.90) 5 :qh(2 players)no stats or reads here either... second hand at table.. but i noticed while waiting for BB that it was limpfest table(reason i sat honestly, and not to limp along with them either) and 2 people had called down with middle pairs
Bet the flop a little bigger. .40 imoBet $2 - $2.50 on the river, call off a jamAnd limping there is the best spot. T8s plays well multiway, get in cheap, yo
You're the small blind. Doing anything but completing there is pretty bad. Completing in the small blind is very normal/standard to do as long as it isn't just you and the BB left, then either raise or fold. Pot flop or at least 40c. I think checking to c/r is pretty good too though, lotta limpers, someone has some cards that hit that flop and they'll bet you can c/r and just crush someone holding pair + 8 or just an 8 all day long. Either way betting pot or close to it every street or c/r is much better than that small weak ass bet. You're betting into 4 people, when would you ever value bet that small? When would you ever bluff that small? There's just never a good time to bet 60% into that many people on that drawy of a board.Edit: Also bet big and don't fold river no matter what.
You're the small blind. Doing anything but completing there is pretty bad. Completing in the small blind is very normal/standard to do as long as it isn't just you and the BB left, then either raise or fold. Pot flop or at least 40c. I think checking to c/r is pretty good too though, lotta limpers, someone has some cards that hit that flop and they'll bet you can c/r and just crush someone holding pair + 8 or just an 8 all day long. Either way betting pot or close to it every street or c/r is much better than that small weak ass bet. You're betting into 4 people, when would you ever value bet that small? When would you ever bluff that small? There's just never a good time to bet 60% into that many people on that drawy of a board.Edit: Also bet big and don't fold river no matter what.
ok... good advicei will try to remember thatya i dont think i would fold the river... so many combos of 8 are out there and we crush them all.

Villain is 17/8/55 over 65 hands. I think this is standard, but just looking for confirmation.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($68.75)SB ($57.95)BB ($41.30)UTG ($47.45)Hero (MP) ($50)CO ($52.45)Preflop: Hero is MP with 7diamond.gif, 6diamond.gif1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, 1 foldFlop: ($5) Qheart.gif, 6spade.gif, 7spade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4, 1 fold, SB calls $4Turn: ($13) 4heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10.50, SB calls $10.50River: ($34) 9spade.gif(2 players)SB bets $11.50, Hero folds

Yeah, getting 3.9-1 you only need to be good 20% of the time to breakeven...Also, is that a spot to check behind if he checks a third time? or ~1/2 pot value bet?