Greetings from USNS Comfort. Ahwhile ago I psoted that I was heading down here to Haiti to support comms for the ships providing medical care. I told everyone that I would keep people in the loop best I can. Well, the executive officer (XO) onboard has been keeping a blog, with write ups and pictures of this current mission.http://comfort-xo.blogspot.com/Stop over and read it, amazing work being done to help these people out.

Greetings from USNS Comfort. Ahwhile ago I psoted that I was heading down here to Haiti to support comms for the ships providing medical care. I told everyone that I would keep people in the loop best I can. Well, the executive officer (XO) onboard has been keeping a blog, with write ups and pictures of this current mission.http://comfort-xo.blogspot.com/Stop over and read it, amazing work being done to help these people out.
It's really inspiring keep it up :club:

Thanks for the link. I've added it to my "favorites."As a nurse in Norfolk, VA, I have known lots of people involved in Navy health care. They do amazing work. It was never the right career path for me ... but sometimes, I wish it had been. I admire them all greatly.

He's certainly not wrong. I don't think it was necessary to attack him for an accurate statement.
This is neither the time nor place in which to have that particular discussion.Nice work op.

Thanks for the replies. Things are going better out here. people are getting taken care of LLou.. what hospital? You are in this field, I am just an IT/comms guy but have been told we are the largest Trauma hospital in the world now, with over 500 trauma patients being taken care of onboard at this time. Don't know your situation, but I was talking with a nurse today and she is saying that they have a 19 patients to one nurse ratio and normal is about 5 to 1. So they might be taking volunteers thru project hope.. if you are interested. Let me know and I can find out for you. to anyone else, my email onboard is allen.knapp.ctr@ah20.navy.milKeep everyone in your prayers.. beeen a lot of heart wrenching stories out here.. and just plain amazing work going on. have to see it to believe it!!!