25 Nl Rush, Shitty River Spot

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($101.99)UTG ($27.77)MP ($22.46)CO ($28.38)Button ($63.69)SB ($32.34)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :club:, 4 :qh3 folds, Button calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checksFlop: ($0.75) 9 :5c, 4 :ts, A :3h(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60Turn: ($2.55) K :jh(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2.20, Button calls $2.20, 1 foldRiver: ($6.95) 8 :4h(2 players)Hero bets $3.60, Button raises to $17.75, Hero ?

I think this is a fold. I still have no experience at rush, so I can't see villain bluffing. But...As far as value hands he's not repping much either. And I have generally found that "pot" bets are often bluffs. Fish generally like to get called with value hands and bet too small in general. And they use pot to "maximize their fold eq" or something...So I dunno, I'm a nit and I would fold. I also might c/c the river No I like bet/folding here...

If villain had a set, I'm 99% he would raise the turn with the SB still in the hand. Same with A 9. AK is a possibility but I think that is pretty unrealistic here.I think villain has A 8, K 9, or maybe even busted flush draw.Other than A 8, I have a hard time figuring out another hand that has us beat.........

If villain had a set, I'm 99% he would raise the turn with the SB still in the hand. Same with A 9. AK is a possibility but I think that is pretty unrealistic here.I think villain has A 8, K 9, or maybe even busted flush draw.Other than A 8, I have a hard time figuring out another hand that has us beat.........
At these low-limits, until we have a read othewise, we assume that people don't bluff raise. We make money primarily from villain who call too much, not because they try to bluff us off spots when we have fired 3 barrelsSo while we have a hard time figuring out what he has, it just comes down to the general rule that at the micros we should jut make hands and just value bet and fold when we get raised.Read this recently regarding playing against terrible players:
Continual confusion: No matter how carefully you observe your opponents, regardless of your people- and card-reading gifts, you will often be confused. You can’t put people on hands, nor will you understand why they made various calls, bets, and raises.
Also, don't play rush poker so we can have stats/readsEDIT: That quote is from a cardplayer article current issue regarding "limpfests" ie live, loooooose passssssive 1/2NL games

I'd fold that looks like a pot raise and those are usually strong. But in your situationd I'd actually call because your puss bet can get raised too often imo and I'd only bet that small to induce a raise or on a complete bluff.Like stupid said I think this is a standard b/f of $5.

Your bet does scream alot of weakness on the river so I may be a bit tempted to call but I doubt anyone on 25NL would be gutsy enough to bluff raise that large on the river on a missed flush draw. So I think a fold here is standard without a read.

At these low-limits, until we have a read othewise, we assume that people don't bluff raise. We make money primarily from villain who call too much, not because they try to bluff us off spots when we have fired 3 barrelsSo while we have a hard time figuring out what he has, it just comes down to the general rule that at the micros we should jut make hands and just value bet and fold when we get raised.Read this recently regarding playing against terrible players:Also, don't play rush poker so we can have stats/readsEDIT: That quote is from a cardplayer article current issue regarding "limpfests" ie live, loooooose passssssive 1/2NL games
I understand what you are saying, and am not disagreeing with a fold. I just can't put villain on a hand here that beats us. We do make most of our money by getting value on our hands, not by bluff catching. I think this spot however, may be a good time to try to get some free money from someone spewing..........I mean he really has us beat here??? Like I said earlier, the ONLY hand i can see them having that beats us is A 8. When I can only put villain on ONE hand that beats us, I usually call.

im kinda lost at what he has here, if he misplayed the hand and caught 2pair on river then he nailed us. I dont think draws would have just flatted, anything that is beating us, unless he slowplayed the crap out of us, probably raises that turn to protect against flush draws,.... i think i hero call here to be honest. In a bubble, fold, but this is just weird! I hero call a % of the time here

As other said, bet a bit bigger on the river, I wouldn't expect him to fold for $5 on the river and call $3.6 with a one pair Ax hand (which is what I assume we are trying to get value from, right?) Betting bigger gives you more valu and makes it much harder for someone to bluffraise you on the river, so you can be more sure that they have a strong hand.I'd fold river though.