Winter X Games Thread

Oh, and as to be expected, Sean White...League of his Own
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancou...?urn=oly,215991His sponsor made him his own half pipe. Kind of not fair that he has better practice facilities, but I guess that is how it goes.Do they have motocross events in the snow again? I like to watch about 75% of the contestants all get injured.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancou...?urn=oly,215991His sponsor made him his own half pipe. Kind of not fair that he has better practice facilities, but I guess that is how it goes.Do they have motocross events in the snow again? I like to watch about 75% of the contestants all get injured.
lol. Yeah. But it's still fun to watch.Not sure about motocross this year. Sorry.
lol. Yeah. But it's still fun to watch.Not sure about motocross this year. Sorry.
I remember one of those Metal Mulisha guys breaking their neck or something... that's what happens when you do a freakin backflip on a dirtbike in the snow YOU IDIOT!

My favorite event is the snowboarder X. Both men and women, qualifying and the 6 person races. I'll also watch the Skier X events which is the only event I'll watch with competitors on skies. Some other events I dig:men's snowboarding super pipe men's snowboarding big airmen's snowboarding slope style I feel like I'm forgetting something.

I was forgetting Snowcross. That X course is no joke. There were multiple injuries sustained including one skier that's supposed to be representing the US in Vancouver in a couple weeks. I even liked the mono ski X races. All in all, I think this was a good WXG.

I like the Snowboard and skieer X also, pretty dangerous though.I'm hoping Jacobellis loses in the Olympics so she will always have to live with that blunder 4 years ago lol.

• 11 months later...

I'm off saturday and sunday this week and I was this(pinches fingers) close to going to this years final two days. shitGuess I'll just watch it on the tele. Still pretty sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

it's pretty dope they take the big kicker at the end. Most of those landings don't end well. snowboarder/skier/mono-skier x are my favorite parts of the coverage. I'm not so sure about Shawn White's winning super-pipe score. He had the best tricks but the score was ridiculously high. It's why I don't like competitions that hinge on judges scores. He's the poster boy for the sport so unless he didn't have a good run, his 4-peat was a sure thing. During the snowmobile best trick, a dude pulled a trick nobody had ever done before in compilation and the judges didn't give him a score he deserved. His brother still had one more run but isn't a sicko and knew he couldn't pull out a metal worthy trick. So, he buzzed around and riled up the crowd then his brother rode over to him and jumped on the back of his sled. Down the run up they went and ended up landing a back flip with two riders on a sled set up for one person. so awesome, WINTER XGAMES!!!!!!!

it's pretty dope they take the big kicker at the end. Most of those landings don't end well. snowboarder/skier/mono-skier x are my favorite parts of the coverage. I'm not so sure about Shawn White's winning super-pipe score. He had the best tricks but the score was ridiculously high. It's why I don't like competitions that hinge on judges scores. He's the poster boy for the sport so unless he didn't have a good run, his 4-peat was a sure thing. During the snowmobile best trick, a dude pulled a trick nobody had ever done before in compilation and the judges didn't give him a score he deserved. His brother still had one more run but isn't a sicko and knew he couldn't pull out a metal worthy trick. So, he buzzed around and riled up the crowd then his brother rode over to him and jumped on the back of his sled. Down the run up they went and ended up landing a back flip with two riders on a sled set up for one person. so awesome, WINTER XGAMES!!!!!!!
I saw Shawn White's thing. Maybe he didn't deserve that score, but I still thought he was better than everyone else and deserved to win.I still have trouble considering snowmobile an extreme sport. Like how many people are there in the world who get a chance to practice x-treme jumps off a snowmobile... 15-20? I could be off with that number but who knows. It is fun to watch, it just seems silly to me though.

that could be said for most of the events though. They do the same stunts as the motorcycle dudes but ON A SNOWMOBILE. Crazyness. I don't like it nearly as much as the racing. Last year they had an event where dudes would see how far they could launch their sled. traveling that far and high on any kind of machine is pretty cool.