Blind Or Deaf?

Blind or Deaf?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Blind or Deaf

• Blind
    • Deaf

This place is dead, I'm hungover in work and not in a productive mood. If you had to choose(gun to head w/e) between being blind for the rest of your life or deaf for the rest of your life which would you choose.I thought it was an obvious choice to choose to be deaf. Living in darkness and whatnot can't be nice. Not being able to see your what your kids look like. You do get a trusty dog though.I thought it was clear cut but my friend whos a musician will happily sacrifice his sight so he can still hear music, loved ones voices, his kids laughing.Also a question that popped into my head while writing this, who do you think has a harder time getting laid? Blind guy or Deaf guy?

Do you know what I think the worse part of being blind would be? I think it would be not knowing if there was a fly in your food. How could you ever enjoy a meal?(Also, the answer is clearly that I'd rather be deaf. If I'm blind, I can't read, use computers, do any of my work, play poker, or get around well at all. I can still get laid if I'm deaf, I just learn to read lips. It would suck not being able to listen to music, but this one's not close to close.)

Do you know what I think the worse part of being blind would be? I think it would be not knowing if there was a fly in your food. How could you ever enjoy a meal?(Also, the answer is clearly that I'd rather be deaf. If I'm blind, I can't read, use computers, do any of my work, play poker, or get around well at all. I can still get laid if I'm deaf, I just learn to read lips. It would suck not being able to listen to music, but this one's not close to close.)
GET HIM SPEEDZ!
If I'm blind, I can't read, play poker,
A few years ago there was a blind guy playing 1/2 nlhe sitting next to me. He had a guy that sat next to him and would whisper the hole cards, flop, bet sizes etc in his ear as needed. I almost felt bad when I took his first buy in. I did warn his card whisperer he was getting little too loud on the hole cards, but only once.

Had the same conversation with a good friend. He's nearly blind already due to some eye problems. I had just had cataract surgery (which as a result has given me the best vision of my life). I'm deaf in my left ear. He is so close to being blind already that he has made his adjustments and says he'd rather go on and be completely blind than to have the vision he does today and then lose hearing on top of that.I, of course, would just go on and lose the hearing in my right ear. I've already made my adjustments, too -- I can already lip-read pretty well and my life revolves around books. I'd be miserable if I couldn't read and use the internet.

In an intro to philosophy class I took ( got an A ) we were told that the electrical impulses from the eyes are similar to the electrical impulses from the ear, so what would reality be like if you swapped them in your brain so you saw sounds and heard lights?I remember that I wished I still dropped acid so I could really explore the possibilities.

Also a question that popped into my head while writing this, who do you think has a harder time getting laid? Blind guy or Deaf guy?
Deaf Guy, because Blind Guy can abandon all standards of beauty.Just a theory.

GEORGE: Your wake up guy asked you out?ELAINE: Yeah, I've never seen him but I feel like we have this weirdly intimate relationship. I mean, I'm lying in bed, I'm wearing my nightie,JERRY: I don't know. Blind date?ELAINE: What? You're going to go out with my cousin Holly. You've never met her.JERRY: Yeah, but I've seen pictures of her.ELAINE: At least I've spoken to my guy. You're going out on a deaf date.JERRY: I think I'd rather go out on a deaf date than a blind date. The question is whether you'd rather date the blind or the deaf.ELAINE: Ah, . . .GEORGE: Now you're off on a topic.JERRY: You know, I think, I would rather date the deaf.ELAINE: Uh hu.JERRY: Because I think the blind would probably be a little messier around the house. And lets face it they're not going to get all the crumbs. I'd possibly be walking around with a sponge.GEORGE: You see I disagree. I'd rather be dating the blind. You know you could let the house go. You could let yourself go. A good looking blind woman doesn't even know you're not good enough for her.ELAINE: I think she'd figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...
OK, sense of taste or sight?
Do we assume there is some miraculous way that you don't have taste but still will fully be able to smell?Either way I think this is super easy. Not having taste would allow me to be a lot healthier in my diet, since I could cut out eating all the crap since I can't taste it anymore anyway. This isn't even close.