What Should I Do?

Blinds 100/200. I have about 9k in chips, which is a little above average. I'm in the BB with KQo, UTG limps in, folds around to the SB who makes the call.No real reads on villain at this point. He is new to table.Flop: K-7-5 rainbow. SB bets 600, Hero calls, UTG raises to 1200. SB folds, Hero calls.Turn:9 Hero checks, UTG bets 3900. Hero: ???

He's got AA prob, foldThere's no reason for him to bluff, and he doesn't raise with worse. I don't really play MTTs though so maybe it's a giant donkfest where people limp/raisebluff with JJ. Maybe not in a $30+BI event

live or online tourny? The min raise kinda scares the crap out of me. we are either really ahead, or have our soul crushed, and there is just no middle ground here. The small blind may have folded K blank, so we have less outs possibly, the spot stinks to high hell. if we call flop, which i guess pot odds wise we HAVE to call, we know we check fold turn unimproved. Be disiplined. What do we beat? KJ, K10,.... we are crushed by sets, AK. that is his range.

live or online tourny? The min raise kinda scares the crap out of me. we are either really ahead, or have our soul crushed, and there is just no middle ground here. The small blind may have folded K blank, so we have less outs possibly, the spot stinks to high hell. if we call flop, which i guess pot odds wise we HAVE to call, we know we check fold turn unimproved. Be disiplined. What do we beat? KJ, K10,.... we are crushed by sets, AK. that is his range.
Live tourney. Exactly my line. I folded my KQ face up in an attempt to get him to show. He flipped over KJ and laughed beer breath right in my face. :club: His range was so wide, and I was only beating 2 hands, KJ, K10, I had to fold. People at the table thought I was stupid to fold, but I was pretty sure I was right. I wanted to run it by you guys to gauge how it went down.At the tourney I play in regularly, people often get married to top pair and I've learned that its not as strong as you might think. So I'll often fold it if I think I'm beat.

AA? You have to be kidding me.Fold? You have to be kidding me.Fckn raise PF. The biggest killer, esp in live tournies where people limp the shit out of tons of stupid hands, is not rasing out the weaksauce retards who end up hitting the flop and/or call you down light with bottom two pair or some such crap.If I have two limpers to me in BB, I'm raising a ton of hands and KQ isn't exactly at the bottom of that range.Jeez...

In a live $35 tournament, the structure is going to be awful. So your goal should be to get it in here, however you can best accomplish that. In this case, raise the SB's bet, but failing that, shove on the late position raise. If he has AK, so be it. You're ahead so much here.

Blinds 100/200. I have about 9k in chips, which is a little above average. I'm in the BB with KQo, UTG limps in, folds around to the SB who makes the call.
You did not indicate the other players chip stacks, which is important.Assuming they are ~ average, you should raise pre-flop; to about 4.5 x BB
Flop: K-7-5 rainbow. SB bets 600, Hero calls, UTG raises to 1200. SB folds, Hero calls.
Since you did not raise PF, you now need to raise the SB's flop bet; to about 2100 should be good (not knowing chip stacks is a problem).
Flop: K-7-5 rainbow. SB bets 600, Hero calls, UTG raises to 1200. SB folds, Hero calls.
You have not indicated any strength; you checked the flop, called a flop bet, and then called a raise. What do you think Villain puts you on? Weak K, or maybe 86 or 64? Either re-raise his flop bet or fold.After butchering pre-flop and the flop, you need to check/fold the turn.And by the way, never show your cards if you don't have to. Ever.
In a live $35 tournament, the structure is going to be awful. So your goal should be to get it in here, however you can best accomplish that. In this case, raise the SB's bet, but failing that, shove on the late position raise. If he has AK, so be it. You're ahead so much here.
I very very very very very strongly disagree. The guy minraised with a caller in between on a dry flop and you think we are ahead with TP2K?
I very very very very very strongly disagree. The guy minraised with a caller in between on a dry flop and you think we are ahead with TP2K?
Swoly, it's a live tourney in a bar. I don't think we can give poker room cred to the min raiser because he probably doesn't understand stack and bet sizing against the structure. People naturally play like donks in that environment, which explains why everyone in the hand played it rather poorly.I think we're ahead 9 out of 10 times here, coming off the flop, esp if someone's betting into us and we haven't shown strength.

I don't care where it is. He's not bluffing, because there's a bet and call in front of him. The board texture says it's basically impossible for him to be raising with a worse hand.I think you're being results oriented here because villain showed up with the 1 and only 1 holding that we beat. The other 10 we do not.

Swoly, it's a live tourney in a bar. I don't think we can give poker room cred to the min raiser because he probably doesn't understand stack and bet sizing against the structure. People naturally play like donks in that environment, which explains why everyone in the hand played it rather poorly.I think we're ahead 9 out of 10 times here, coming off the flop, esp if someone's betting into us and we haven't shown strength.
Contradiction at it's finest.You claim we can't give him 'poker room cred' because he probably doesn't understand stack sizes. However, you give him enough credit to do this with a weaker hand because villain is 'betting into someone who hasn't show strength'
Contradiction at it's finest.You claim we can't give him 'poker room cred' because he probably doesn't understand stack sizes. However, you give him enough credit to do this with a weaker hand because villain is 'betting into someone who hasn't show strength'
Showing strength is easy: YOU BET. When you don't bet, people don't think you have anything and will bet something weaker. It's poker strat at it's simplest. You have to give him some form of reasoning for his min raise and he bets TP with next best kicker. This is level 1 thinking and I'm saying don't overcomplicate it.And, no, he's not bluffing but I highly doubt he's betting the nuts in any scenario.