2010 State Of The Union

Impeach Obama or 85suited?
tomhanks-big-transformer.jpg
I was obviously just joking as I think it's a silly thing to make a big deal out of, but I don't get how you can respond to my post in a manner that shows your understanding of the intent and then follow it up with the "I don't get it" reference.Unless your first post was an honest question thinking my post was an honest statement.So, um, building transformer right back at ya.
The relevant one (from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/enshrined)2 : to preserve or cherish as sacredNow, looking at the quote:We find unity in our incredible diversity, drawing on the promise enshrined in our Constitution: the notion that we are all created equal….Using the above definition, Obama is saying the following:We find unity in our incredible diversity, drawing on the promise that our Constitution holds as sacred: the notion that we are all created equal….He's not saying anything about what the constitution says, he's describing the spirit of the constitution, the deeper principles. Would you complain if he had said the above verbatim in his speech? If not, then you can't complain about what he actually said.
Like a farmers holds the soil sacred.Like a Christian holds the Bible sacred.Well that's how I hold history, it's sacred.There, I have finally met my monthly quota of Back to School references...Thought I was going to have to use " Poster child for abortion" again, and we know how overused that one is getting
Was he making a joke do you think, or is he really that dumb?
Did you watch the clip and still actually not know the answer to this question? Are you making a joke...http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/f...ace-in-u-s.aspxThe article is linked for the video, not the text, which is quite atrocious. For instance, it contains the following sentence:The address was so moving, “I forgot he was black,” opined MSNBCYes, it's easy to make something sound offensive when you magically add the bold part before the quote instead of using his actual quote in context.
Did you watch the clip and still actually not know the answer to this question? Are you making a joke...http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/f...ace-in-u-s.aspxThe article is linked for the video, not the text, which is quite atrocious. For instance, it contains the following sentence:The address was so moving, “I forgot he was black,” opined MSNBCYes, it's easy to make something sound offensive when you magically add the bold part before the quote instead of using his actual quote in context.
Actually I was quoting second hand info, but what you quoted was worse.

The correct response is "Chris Matthews is an idiot and his statement was ridiculously racist." John Stewart on the Daily Show spent a long time mockng Matthews' idiocy, and rightfully so.

it seems like a weird thing to complain about considering the problems with the things he definitely said.
per usual - obama talks in circles and doesn't say anything. Or at least anything anyone can define
I suppose if Imus said this in the same context everything would be alright? Nigga please.

I of course did not watch this.I listen to Rush and Rush watches this stuff then tells me what was said.Unfortunately I did not listen to Rush the next day since I went to the Torrey Pines golf tournament early.But never the less.Can you believe how Obama lied to us so many times?What's with the Pelosi/Biden love fest? Could they be anymore transparent in their desire to see Obama get taken out so they can grab onto that seat?Makes me pine away for the dream of allowing Bush four more years.