Wpt Biloxi Main Event

Don't know the hand history (i.e. who pushed first) but why are all the chips going in the middle with 2 overs vs a single pair? Smith 56000 pf, so >30 bb, DN 75,000 or so? so 45 bb's? Sure there was 200 ante, but I thought this stuff was not supposed to happen while still relatively "deep" like this in smallball. Is there a bunch of highlevel mindhumping going on here that led to this showdown? Just curious to understand. Maybe I need to wait and buy the next book too.
the stacks are some what deep but the structure has alot of levels missing that forces push fold later so im assuming he wants to build a stack that lets him pick bettr spots later he got it in good didnt he ?
Don't know the hand history (i.e. who pushed first) but why are all the chips going in the middle with 2 overs vs a single pair? Smith 56000 pf, so >30 bb, DN 75,000 or so? so 45 bb's? Sure there was 200 ante, but I thought this stuff was not supposed to happen while still relatively "deep" like this in smallball. Is there a bunch of highlevel mindhumping going on here that led to this showdown? Just curious to understand. Maybe I need to wait and buy the next book too.
It really depends on how this played out. It's possible that since the stacks being still deep enough, the other guy thought he could push Daniel off a hand because of his small ball philosophy. If you pick up a good read that your nines are good, it's definitely the right call to make, though. It's my understanding that the gambling you are supposed to avoid with small ball are 60-40 (AK vs J10) and 55-45 (99 vs AJ, aipf) spots for your tournament life early on. Getting it in with a 75% hand in the mid to late stages of the tournament doesn't contradict the small ball approach, imho.(Percentages are off the top of my head, couldn't be bothered to look up the exact numbers with a hand calculator)