Cowboys In The Sb V's Bb

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($1.44)Hero (SB) ($2.44)BB ($2)UTG ($2.12)UTG+1 ($1.06)MP1 ($2)MP2 ($2.07)CO ($1.97)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kspade.gif, Kclub.gif1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.06, UTG+1 calls $0.06Flop: ($0.24) Jheart.gif, 8heart.gif, Aspade.gif(3 players)Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18, 1 foldTurn: ($0.60) 4heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $0.60, Hero...BB has just joined the table first hand...

Why did you check the turn? I'm probably calling, then c/c the river. You showed incredible weakness by checking the turn so he could/should be betting most anything on this turn. He could have an A or a flush, but this is why you want to bet out on the turn again so we remain in control to better know where we are at in the hand.I probably bet about .40 on the turn folding to a raise. If I'm flatted on the river I probably c/c without any information on villian. This is probably not correct so please correct me if I'm wrong!EDIT: For some reason(poor reading comprehension) I thought this was $10 NL so the stacks were deeper. My bad, disregard that blabble above.

Why did you check the turn? I'm probably calling, then c/c the river. You showed incredible weakness by checking the turn so he could/should be betting most anything on this turn. He could have an A or a flush, but this is why you want to bet out on the turn again so we remain in control to better know where we are at in the hand.I probably bet about .40 on the turn folding to a raise. If I'm flatted on the river I probably c/c without any information on villian. This is probably not correct so please correct me if I'm wrong!
I think check/folding the turn is fine. Check/call if the bet is reasonable, but he's making a pot sized bet - I doubt he would do this with just middle pair.Betting .40 on the turn and check/calling the river as you have described would be essentially putting in our entire stack. Look at the stack sizes.We don't know anything about this guy. I think you should look for a better spot rather than stacking off with kings on an A high board with a made flush.
C/f ainecalso when I played 2nl I would make this 12-15c preflop
so make your PP look obvious raising that much? or are you saying raise 5-7 times the BB at all times while playing micro?
so make your PP look obvious raising that much? or are you saying raise 5-7 times the BB at all times while playing micro?
Simply, yes. what is villains range to limp at the micros? Like small pps and like weak AX hands and some suited connectors and stuff... We can crush them BC they don't fold and our range is so lol stronger than theirs and we will play better post flop.If they limp A9 and we raise to 7.5bb and the flop comes 974, what's going to happen? And if it comes A74?Like simply (balugawhale, yo) if we raise large with JJ-AA and just bet/fold every street when we have an over pair you will crush at 2nl IMO

Ok thanks for that, it makes sense. Ive seen some pretty poor hole cards on showdowns on micro and it makes sense to isolate those weak hands in a bigger pot, almost always a post flop reraisers are holding big PP 1010-AA or big slick, and they like to get all the chips in there and then. I'm really new to online poker and ring games, so any advice is much appreciated thanks :club:

i bet 4.5-5 BB preflop, and im cbeting this flop 1/2 pot bc his limp calling range hates this flop a lot, and that turn was a good second barrel for 1/2 pot, fold to a raise, if called c/f river unimproved

Rumsey b/f this turn is beyond awful
a flush draw hit, we could easily fire a second barrel i mean only monsters call a second barrel then, in which case we know we have almost no way to bluff the river. Im not saying we need to bluff, but if we were inclined to do so, it is a good turn to try and take down that is all
a flush draw hit, we could easily fire a second barrel i mean only monsters call a second barrel then, in which case we know we have almost no way to bluff the river. Im not saying we need to bluff, but if we were inclined to do so, it is a good turn to try and take down that is all
Betting the turn and then giving up on the river is pretty bad. If you're betting this turn, and turning your hand into a bluff, then we need to bet almost any river as well.
I must have Football on the mind. When I saw this thread title I thought of 1993 and 1994.
lol. same here. 2 worst years of my life.

Raise bigger preflop.Turn is an easy c/f.I don't mind a c/f on the flop either to be honest, since this flop should hit a lot of BBs range (Ax, suited connectors, suited and unsuited broadways) and we are going to have to c/f a lot of turns.

No, it's actually probably one of the worst. You're turning KK into a bluff here.Others have tried to explain why, but either you didn't read their responses or you're not understanding it.I invite you to really reflect and examine why this is a terrible turn to bet. If you're still not getting it, I'll try to explain it again.
No, it's actually probably one of the worst. You're turning KK into a bluff here.Others have tried to explain why, but either you didn't read their responses or you're not understanding it.I invite you to really reflect and examine why this is a terrible turn to bet. If you're still not getting it, I'll try to explain it again.
LOL good advice ... if you are turning KK into a bluff, it's fold time