Free Speech Win In The Supreme Court

Who is "they?" And who am I?
You are the scorekeeper. You're good.They is the town that may or may not benefit from Walmart coming to their town. I worked on some Walmart zoning litigation once so I know that the city council meetings regarding new Walmarts are always extremely controversial. I have read enough depositions about it to know that it is really hard to tell if Walmart is good or bad for a community. My old boss felt that Walmart was great for really small towns and really big towns but terrible for medium sized towns. Of course, how do you define those things?Let's go talk sports and movies.
more low-wage, partial employment tailored specifically to deny benefits to their workers. if we are listing things, let's list them correctly.
i agree, let's. more employment, and not just low wage cashiers. you have managers of different levels, security guards/managers, accountants, other office type jobs, all the people associated with the restaurants that are often included in the store, cargo and warehouse workers/managers. even multiple mom and pop stores will offer no where near this type of employment and no where near the benefits and salary, overall and generally speaking, that wal mart will offer them at. and tailored to deny benefits? i dont know what this refers to exactly but wal mart doesn't force anyone to work for them and you have no right to any benefit from them. you'll get them if they offer them.so yes, LETS.
and tailored to deny benefits? i dont know what this refers to exactly but wal mart doesn't force anyone to work for them and you have no right to any benefit from them. you'll get them if they offer them.
They tailor the hours worked of their employees so as to make sure none of them qualify for full benefits (below the managerial level). No one is forced to work for them unless their previous employer goes out of business because Walmart came to town and you have few choices. Your assertion that Walmart is automatically going to offer "more" to the community is backed up by nothing but your assertion. Many, many towns fight tooth and nail to keep Walmart from adding a store in their area. I am sure for no reason other than because they hate America.
They tailor the hours worked of their employees so as to make sure none of them qualify for full benefits (below the managerial level). No one is forced to work for them unless their previous employer goes out of business because Walmart came to town and you have few choices. Your assertion that Walmart is automatically going to offer "more" to the community is backed up by nothing but your assertion. Many, many towns fight tooth and nail to keep Walmart from adding a store in their area. I am sure for no reason other than because they hate America.
if they want to tailor hours to part time employees, they can. so what?i never said that walmart will "automatically" do anything. walmart is not something that functions automatically, but i told you why they will offer more. they will lower the cost of living in the area, offer more employment, offer more selection, and probably attract more residents and other types of businesses to the area, but even if you leave off that last part my point stands. dont say i only asserted, thats a baseless assertion in itself.towns fight tooth and nail to keep away walmart? then it would follow that those walmarts quickly went out of business due to lack of support by the surrounding town, and the stores that were already there continued to receive all of the business of the townsfolk. so whats the problem?
So you admit that labor laws are a failure and harm the people they were designed to help?Thank you.
So you admit that labor laws are a failure and harm the people they were designed to help?Thank you.
are you insinuating that washington is less then perfect?? LOL