J.c. Alvarado Says Soccer > Poker

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this interview is epic Lulz!Do you keep a regimented schedule when you’re home grinding the cash games?I’m very big on having a schedule. Not about playing, I’ll play whenever the games are good, but I do get up at a certain time. I have my alarm now, which is impressive because I used to get up at 6PM all the time. Now I get up at 9AM, I run, I’m exercising, I’m eating well, so I am liking it.In reality that lasted all of 2 weeks, and he's back to being a lazy bastard!

I agree with JC. I only wish I had the $$$ to head over for the games. Would be sooo magic.JC, if you read this, good luck to Mexico!!! Must be great to see them in this again!Oh, and GO ENGLAND!!! And Australia and New Zealand!!!

I agree with JC. I only wish I had the $$$ to head over for the games. Would be sooo magic.JC, if you read this, good luck to Mexico!!! Must be great to see them in this again!Oh, and GO ENGLAND!!! And Australia and New Zealand!!!
qft
this interview is epic Lulz!Do you keep a regimented schedule when you’re home grinding the cash games?I’m very big on having a schedule. Not about playing, I’ll play whenever the games are good, but I do get up at a certain time. I have my alarm now, which is impressive because I used to get up at 6PM all the time. Now I get up at 9AM, I run, I’m exercising, I’m eating well, so I am liking it.In reality that lasted all of 2 weeks, and he's back to being a lazy bastard!
lol i saw something he posted on FB yesterday that said it was 2 pm and he was trying to get out of bed lol
I agree with JC. I only wish I had the $$$ to head over for the games. Would be sooo magic.
I want to go so bad, the package I was looking at was $5500 all inclusive with tickets to 3 group stage games. Too steep for my budget and you couldn't choose the games you wanted to see. Regardless, it would be so awesome, World Cup ftw.

I was debating whether to go to the World Cup or World Series, but none of my teams made the WC and if I cant be at the WC the next best place to be watching games is Las Vegas. But I'm fully planning on going in 2014 in Brazil.

Completely agree with JC.I went to France 98 and it was one of the greatest experiences ive ever had.Ill be taking time off work to follow New Zealand, and once they are out England and due to the amount of Spurs in the team.

Completely agree with JC.I went to France 98 and it was one of the greatest experiences ive ever had.Ill be taking time off work to follow New Zealand, and once they are out England and due to the amount of Spurs in the team.
wee a spurs fan :club:

Im 100% going to S.A for the world cup my pops lives there and has already organized tickets for us.My only advice would be,try to catch games in Cape Town instead of the other big cities its really one of the most beautiful in the world.

As a huge football (soccer) fan and a season ticket holder at Everton, I would be all over the chance to go to the World Cup and follow the mighty England. I've never been to a World Cup or a WSOP but if I had the choice, it would easily be the World Cup. JC I agree!

I was at World Cup 98 watching Scotland. It was absolutely the best time i've had watching Football. The last game against Morocco was the highlight. The massive square in St. Ettienne was filled by around 20,000 Scots all drinking and having a good time. Then with about 2 hours before kick off everyone started marching towards the Stadium singing a version of "do a dear". Finally at the stadium the songs and the passion was unbelievale. Sadly we got stuffed 3-0 but i'll never forget that day.If you get the chance to see your Country and a World Cup game, just do it. Its one of those things in life you just have to do!

I was at World Cup 98 watching Scotland. It was absolutely the best time i've had watching Football. The last game against Morocco was the highlight. The massive square in St. Ettienne was filled by around 20,000 Scots all drinking and having a good time. Then with about 2 hours before kick off everyone started marching towards the Stadium singing a version of "do a dear". Finally at the stadium the songs and the passion was unbelievale. Sadly we got stuffed 3-0 but i'll never forget that day.If you get the chance to see your Country and a World Cup game, just do it. Its one of those things in life you just have to do!
qft.
I was at the Scotland vs Norway game, where they got everyone to hold up the bits of paper to turn the stadium into two giant flags. We were right in the middle of the Scotland end, it was fantastic.

Honestly I don't understand why people make a huge deal about soccer. People kick a ball around and no one ever scores. It's insanely boring to watch on TV, maybe it's more exciting in person? I find the atmosphere of the Super Bowl or World Series to be something that would be more of "one of those things you just have to do once in your life" kind of thing.