Just to be clear, I said I could (sometimes will) flat in that spot with AA.which is why i posed the question, does he think his villain might ever flat a big BB in that spot.after some more talks throughout this hand, i feel its more likely he has KQ.I'll have to take your word for it that 99% of 10nl players wont flat a big PP there.
My order of villain's hand likeliness based on everything we know: (another AK) > (suited JT with some backdoor flush draw) > KQ > (33/QQ) > (air) > (KK/AA) > (PP smaller than QQ)
Ok. so wait? I'm a little confused on what you're trying to say.You are saying that, if you're villain, with AA, you should be re-raising because anyone with AK will still ship even after being 4bet?
Never said this. I don't know where you got that from. I said most 10nl'ers are not going to fold AK preflop. Did you miss this:
whereas if you 4 bet, even when deep, most 10nl'ers are going to at least CALL nearly 100% of their 3bet range. Plus flatting give AK a 2/3 chance to miss and check/fold. 4betting, even smallish, gets a ton of players to at least call AK trying to flop a pair.
???
But, now i'm confused, because you said. you're like 75% sure that the villain in this hand has a combo of AK, but if AK is so great to wanna get it all in, why didnt he re-pop preflop?
Never said he was going to 4 or 5 bet AK. I simply said he was probably never folding AK preflop unless you possibly shoved. I'm playing devil's advocate here because you said you would often flat with AA. I never said I thought that's what he has.
Basically, You're now implying that this villain should have a weaker holding than AK? Maybe you dont realize it, but you contradicted yourself. the only hand that makes sense now is KQ. I'll agree with that, that KQ plays this way, but thats a very narrow range.
.... I said that I'm 75% sure that villain has another AK here. Yes he could have KQ or a number of other hands, including even QQ. I just feel AK plays this way a lot because people are willing to put in a ton of money pre with AK, but they won't do it themselves. You have to make them do it.I think you're looking for contradictions where there aren't any. Or you're getting confused about who we're (or who I am) talking about.
I think you're looking for contradictions where there aren't any. Or you're getting confused about who we're (or who I am) talking about.
Next time, leave out the part that said "They're thinking, "OMG I HAZ AK AND I GOT 4 BET. I WINZZ."I know you were trying to prove a point, but the point you proved was that 10nl players totally over value AK.which is why I said, "well, wouldnt a 10NL player, then 4bet or 5bet AK preflop?"
Next time, leave out the part that said "They're thinking, "OMG I HAZ AK AND I GOT 4 BET. I WINZZ."I know you were trying to prove a point, but the point you proved was that 10nl players totally over value AK.which is why I said, "well, wouldnt a 10NL player, then 4bet or 5bet AK preflop?"
You can overvalue a hand without wanting to ship 300bbs pre. There are a lot of time you players won't fold a hand pre when it's pretty clear they're in rough shape and have little hope of even winning the pot after seeing a flop.
You can overvalue a hand without wanting to ship 300bbs pre. There are a lot of time you players won't fold a hand pre when it's pretty clear they're in rough shape and have little hope of even winning the pot after seeing a flop.
so, you're saying what i'm saying?that this is typically AK/ or KQ. either way, its better if we fold.. lol
so, you're saying what i'm saying?that this is typically AK/ or KQ. either way, its better if we fold.. lol
Yes, basically.Like I said, I was just playing devil's advocate when you said you would often flat aces in villains spot here. I don't disagree with the fact that we basically are always uber behind on the flop. I hate everything but a fold as played.

as a general rule with big hands pre like AK when we 3 bet pre and see a flop OOP, i check every single time. It is almost impossible to get 3 streets of value unless villain is a total station. checking lets us c/c or c/r, but most of the time we just see a turn and can pretty easily vbet turn and river most of the time