• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't pokerstove AKQ vs 99 though

He doesn't have AKQ offsuit.

I'm Jon.

so it's just different this time.bc you think sothats whyand we cant convince you through logic and mathBeing in the black doesnt mean you won btw.
Its not because I think so, its due to my thought process. In this case, the fact that I make my conclusion by narrowing a persons range to such. ie: 1 or 2 type holdings.to be honest, I'd have to say I'm very successful at thinking through the thought process of villains playing live 2/5 NL. whther their donkeys or quality players. Its my game of choiceIf you told me this was a 1/2 game on tilt, the advice would be fold pf. but if we got into this situation, i'd prob lean towards flatting the turn
Completely serious question.
you've seen annette play without looking at her cards. I mean, thats tournament poker, but used as an example, it illustrates how the cards you hold are only but a small portion of the game you're playing.so if we dont even know our hand, how can we use math as the deciding factor?
you've seen annette play without looking at her cards. I mean, thats tournament poker, but used as an example, it illustrates how the cards you hold are only but a small portion of the game you're playing.so if we dont even know our hand, how can we use math as the deciding factor?
You're forgetting about the other elements of game theory that apply to poker. Such as position, bet sizing, statistics, etc.If you don't use math (and I mean factoring in all these elements), then your decisions boil down to: well I just feel like he is bluffing.The math allows you to make smart decisions, not perfect ones.
You're forgetting about the other elements of game theory that apply to poker. Such as position, bet sizing, statistics, etc.If you don't use math (and I mean factoring in all these elements), then your decisions boil down to: well I just feel like he is bluffing.The math allows you to make smart decisions, not perfect ones.
who said I was forgetting any of those theories?If you go back several pages and read through my process, I came to my conclusion by various dynamics in the hand.I didnt just say, well, i think he's bluffin, so i'll test it.seriously. firstly, I would opt to fold pf. but if we got to this spot, and my thought was he could hold anything from QQ+ or AK, the obvious play is to flat and c/f the river (assuming again, he rarely bluffs) naismith said this, as did others, which I agree If we turned the hands face up and he held AK, and we held 10,10. I said the best line is the check/raise. snamuh said the same thing at one point.
We know our range. It's 100%. Make our decisions based on that.
If we turned the hands face up and he held AK, and we held 10,10. I said the best line is the check/raise. snamuh said the same thing at one point.
No, Snamuh said the best line is to check-raise when we know he has AK if we can get him to call.

If there's one piece of advice I can give, it's this:Disregard any and all advice that Royal_Tour provided in this thread. He has repeated talked out of his ass trying to sound intelligent about subjects which he obviously does not understand. He has used quotes and idea out of context to back up his arguments which were wrong from the start. Naismith, Snamuh, Zach6668, Looshle and others are established winning players whose poker advice is based on things such as logic, mathematics, experience and reason whereas Royal_Tour provides advice and expects you to believe it "because he says so" and despite the fact that everyone tells him he's wrong, he just keeps going. Royal_Tour is wrong here. End of story.