Week Three Challenge

baring_my_heart.png
Vanilla Ice will be performing ( if you can call it that ) during halftime of the Raptors - Nets game on Feb 3rd. I'll be pointing and laughing a lot I imagine.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! STOP THE PRESSES! LOL! This contest is TOTALLY out of control! LOL!I'd tell y'all that I could just shit but that would be a lie... I already did! LOL!Frankly, my biz team has created a monster with this protege contest. I'll swear I haven't had a decent nights sleep since its inception. My assistant, Jan, is running around like a chicken with its DNA cut out! LOL!Here's a summary of just this day alone:Noon: Woke up and played with my Tinker Toys while Twittering One o'clock: Played miniature golf with Loogie for a million a hole. Did pretty well until that damned dinosaur! LOL! Won six mil on the first nine but broke even at the endSix o'clock: Meeting with biz teamSix fifteen: Played Atari twenty six hundredSeven o'clock: Did some other stuff, and while I'd like to talk about it, I simply can't. I can tell you that some crazy things happened in the bathroom, but that's about all I can say on the matterNine thirty: Caught up on All My Children and The Young and the Restless on TivoI'm exhausted, but I just have one more week before the protege is crowned! But I'm doing it, folks. I'm judging the best I can. I'm taking my time, I'm making moves, and I'm trusting my gut. Oh MAN does that feel good!The vibe here in the thread is electric. The contest is awesome. Oh, the hell with it.... IM SHITTING AGAIN! LOL!

Entry
Anyone wanna bet on whether this will be beaten or not?Because the answer is no. I mean, making Wang and I into the angry balcony Muppets was a stroke of genius.Just end it now.Also, since on the funny'ness scale stories are a 4, photoshops are a 5 and original cartoons are a 15, winning the cartoon contest should negate all other entries.
Also, since on the funny'ness scale stories are a 4, photoshops are a 5 and original cartoons are a 15, winning the cartoon contest should negate all other entries.
Because that makes sense.
Because that makes sense.
Scram wants Sandwedge to win because the comic features his favourite thing in the world... himself. Since Scram was too scared to enter any of the contests, the closest he can get to winning is to be featured in the winning entry. That way he can claim that he deserves some credit since he inspired the entry and that's why it won.Now that's what they call "pop-psychology".Anyway, for the above reasons, I am going to ensure that I do not feature Scram in my cartoon. That way when I win he will be even sorer of a loserer.
Scram wants Sandwedge to win because the comic features his favourite thing in the world... himself. Since Scram was too scared to enter any of the contests, the closest he can get to winning is to be featured in the winning entry. That way he can claim that he deserves some credit since he inspired the entry and that's why it won.Now that's what they call "pop-psychology".Anyway, for the above reasons, I am going to ensure that I do not feature Scram in my cartoon. That way when I win he will be even sorer of a loserer.
All correct (not really. The reason sandwedge will win is because he posted a cartoon no one else will defeat, regardless of whether I'm in it or not. It could've just as easily have been Wang and Speedz, or anyone else, but particularly apropriate given the early conversations Wang and I had about this contest and since pretty much everyone on this forum accepts (even if they're reticent to openly admit) that he and I are the most entertaining people here, yet didn't participate).Also, you do realize that now people know you're attractive, the 'words' you say have little to no meaning? You're basically just an e-vagina now. So, blah blah blah, lol @ your little 'ideas', stfu and post nude pics.
Scram wants Sandwedge to win because the comic features his favourite thing in the world... himself. Since Scram was too scared to enter any of the contests, the closest he can get to winning is to be featured in the winning entry. That way he can claim that he deserves some credit since he inspired the entry and that's why it won.
I think he may also have been, consciously or otherwise, admitting to what I've been saying this whole time, that his only above-average humor comes in cartoon form. Thinking that cartoons are the highest form of humor (or the funniest form of humor, or whatever he's saying) is his way of convincing himself that he's the funniest guy around. Which is sociopathic, but an opinion that can't really be argued with because it's totally subjective, plus who cares.Edit: And with this response I've pretty much guarantees that he does enter this week, with a speedzjew cartoon. It's perfect for him, because he can claim that if he doesn't win it was because I gave him poor marks because I'm oversensitive (and a poor judge of humor) and the other judges probably didn't give him high enough marks because they didn't want anything racist-ish to win.
Thinking that cartoons are the highest form of humor (or the funniest form of humor, or whatever he's saying)
They are
is his way of convincing himself that he's the funniest guy around.
I am, but only because "they are" in this particular medium (internet BBS)
Edit: And with this response I've pretty much guarantees that he does enter this week, with a speedzjew cartoon. It's perfect for him, because he can claim that if he doesn't win it was because I gave him poor marks because I'm oversensitive (and a poor judge of humor) and the other judges probably didn't give him high enough marks because they didn't want anything racist-ish to win.
No.Well.... maybe. But it wouldn't be an official entry. Just an entry to see if I can't get you to do that 'personal insecurity' dance where you reply by desperately trying to come off as flippant and blase, but just enough latent hysteria shows through to betray that deep down, you're a bit wounded (then, you declare victory). If I do make a LOL-Look-At-That-Jew-Speedz cartoon, it would only be in hopes of eliciting an LOL-Look-At-That-Jew-Speedz-Menstruating post.
Also, you do realize that now people know you're attractive, the 'words' you say have little to no meaning? You're basically just an e-vagina now. So, blah blah blah, lol @ your little 'ideas', stfu and post nude pics.
This was discovered months ago, maybe years, I lose track.
This was discovered months ago, maybe years, I lose track.
She's been posting pictures of herself for years.
No.Well.... maybe. But it wouldn't be an official entry. Just an entry to see if I can't get you to do that 'personal insecurity' dance where you reply by desperately trying to come off as flippant and blase, but just enough latent hysteria shows through to betray that deep down, you're a bit wounded (then, you declare victory). If I do make a LOL-Look-At-That-Jew-Speedz cartoon, it would only be in hopes of eliciting an LOL-Look-At-That-Jew-Speedz-Menstruating post.
I only get to do that dance when your cartoon comes after an exchange that you end with a cartoon instead of trying to defend whatever statement we were arguing about (which, to me, always signifies that you know you're out of ammo). I'm pretty sure that you really think I get offended, which is amusing, but obviously nothing I say could convince you otherwise. Plus I don't really care to convince you, but you probably think that's a lie too, which I also don't care to convince you is wrong. It's a vicious cycle of aggression and apathy.
As extra incentive for this week's challenge and to keep participation high, there will be a special prize awarded to the Toontown challenge winner.
If we can get the mods to agree that the contest winner can lifetime ban one member, I'll empty the magazine all over this contest. It's a very simple, benign request, wouldn't impact much, and would cause interest in this contest to go through the roof, smoking out the very best this forum has to offer (and when I win, I promise to not ban any contributing members like Speedz or LadyGrey. I will ban the one member that most deserves banning ("that would be you scram" - figure I'd just head that one off at the pass) I would suggest we ask the mods to make this a prize.
I only get to do that dance when your cartoon comes after an exchange that you end with a cartoon instead of trying to defend whatever statement we were arguing about (which, to me, always signifies that you know you're out of ammo). I'm pretty sure that you really think I get offended, which is amusing, but obviously nothing I say could convince you otherwise. Plus I don't really care to convince you, but you probably think that's a lie too, which I also don't care to convince you is wrong. It's a vicious cycle of aggression and apathy.
You do realize* that this post basically illustrates exactly what I was talking about, right? Did you do this on purpose, kinda like satire, or unwittingly? * no, you don't
If we can get the mods to agree that the contest winner can lifetime ban one member, I'll empty the magazine all over this contest. It's a very simple, benign request, wouldn't impact much, and would cause interest in this contest to go through the roof, smoking out the very best this forum has to offer (and when I win, I promise to not ban any contributing members like Speedz or LadyGrey. I will ban the one member that most deserves banning ("that would be you scram" - figure I'd just head that one off at the pass) I would suggest we ask the mods to make this a prize.
Asking for something you know you won't get so you can claim your lack of entry has nothing to do with cowardice, merely a lack of motivation...clever, sort of.
You do realize* that this post basically illustrates exactly what I was talking about, right? Did you do this on purpose, kinda like satire, or unwittingly? * no, you don't
Aggression > Apathy > Aggression. Hey look, I can also claim that you're illustrating my points! > Apathy
Personally I find the speedz vs scram banter in each week's thread more entertaining than the entries.
I disagree.You disagree about what I personally find more entertaining?Oh, um, I mean I think the entries have been pretty great.
Personally I find the speedz vs scram banter in each week's thread more entertaining than the entries.
I just had an original idea for a cartoon
I disagree.You disagree about what I personally find more entertaining?Oh, um, I mean I think the entries have been pretty great.
Oh I agree there have been some outstanding entries. But I really enjoy the back and forth between those two. Personally.In retrospect I would say that all three of the threads are top 10 thread material simply for the entries plus the speedz/scram cage match.